R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-12-2007, 08:17 AM   #3496
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Racin

Congrat's...........Sound's like to me if you were running just one class you would be getting alot of Stick Time!!! LOL!

When is the Roar Buggy Nat's?
I would like to come watch the Pro's if i can find the time.....We are trying to get the Racing Scene going again in Memphis(offroad)..we have started our club........River City Racing Assoc.

We started building our Track tuesday.........We will be finished by next weekend.......Hopefully race on Sunday.....

Nice to have friend's with big equipment LOL!!

It's next door to an BMX Track in our state park,Right off the interstate........... hopefully we will be having something big next year..........

Anyway,I'm just PUMPED UP !!LOL

Have you been trying any new setup on the T ?

REMEMBER...........Keep Those Wheel's Spinning and The Sunnyside UP!!!!! LOL!
Old 05-12-2007, 10:18 AM   #3497
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks Aaron, I thought I tore that place apart trying to find it, lol Must have just missed that...
R
gatermaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:53 PM   #3498
Tech Elite

gatermaxx - Haha. It's all about knowing where to look.

I've become very proficient with Google lately!

Factory Seal - The Buggy Nationals are June 29th through July 1st, at Dirtburners in St. Louis.

You're not kidding about stick time. At the U.S. Gas Champs, I qualified in the B for both truggy and buggy (awful luck in qualifying). I won both B's and then ran all three A-mains. I think the truggy B-main was 20 mnutes, the buggy B-main was 30 minutes, the gas truck A was 40 minutes, the truggy A was 45, and the buggy A was one hour.

I walked off the drivers' stand after the buggy main and laid on the ground, haha.

Best of luck with the new track, remember to keep it simple and have fun!

I haven't messed around with setup on my 8IGHT-T, it feels so easy to drive after gas truck and buggy that I can't think of anything to change, haha. It's pretty good as it is!
Old 05-12-2007, 01:18 PM   #3499
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

After that much racing in one day I don't think I'd even want to see my cars again for a month or so!!
Keeping racing fun and affordable with my 8y.o. twins :)
The best track I've raced is the one in my backyard!
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:05 PM   #3500
Tech Elite

Haha. My cars were all great that day and I felt like I was driving very well, so it was a blast. And you gotta think, I had been at the track for three days prior to that!

I've been racing for over half my life...and I'm still not sick of it.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:12 PM   #3501
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
I've been racing for over half my life...and I'm still not sick of it.
That's not saying much you young punk.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:26 PM   #3502
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Aaron, when racing so many classes, how do you maintain all your vehicles? Of course I know that this may be your "job", but what about race days? I cant imaging having to fix something right before the race while trying to maintain the other 2 classes that you run....

Im curious because I love driving my AD2, yet find that that takes more maintenance than my 8! ( I am also very meticulous and anal about having a vehicle look and perform like new) but it takes so much time that during race day, things become VERY chaotic. Do you use a new vehicle every race?! Or just for the big races? Or do you even get new vehicles for the big races? Just curious how the pros do it.....
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:12 AM   #3503
Tech Champion

Aaron's dad, Lynn is his mechanic and does a lot of the work on his stuff.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:46 AM   #3504
Tech Elite

I'm not THAT young now, . Sure, still early in the grand scheme of life, but I'm not 12 anymore.

"Aaron's dad, Lynn, is his mechanic and does PRETTY MUCH ALL THE WORK on his stuff."

Haha. I'm just a driver.

At a race with less than 12 heats or so, I'd probably only run two classes. But if it's a long day/weekend, it's not that bad. Of course, it helps if you don't break anything! After I get back from turn-marshalling, I get the cars and stuff cleaned up while Dad is already finishing preparing the next car that goes on the track, and just stay two cars ahead of what's going on all day. Then hopefully I'm in all the A's, so we have a long break between the last round and the mains to get everything ready, because all the mains are usually pretty close together.

And we rarely build new cars, although parts get replaced all the time so it's probably not long until the car is nearly new anyway. It's not uncommon for me to have a practice/club race car and a big race car, although I only have one gas truck and one truggy that I've been driving. I've got a club race buggy (that I actually ran at the Gas Champs) but I don't usually try to run both during practice at a big race. And considering the amount of run time I put on my cars (case in point, that weekend at the Gas Champs, haha) it's a pretty good indication of how well my dad keeps all of my stuff in tip-top condition!
Old 05-13-2007, 07:50 AM   #3505
Tech Elite

Default Racin

Wanna here something funny..........All this time i assumed Lynn was your Wife........ASS-U-ME..........LOL!!

We'll im sure that having him Wrenchin makes the day a lot more fun!!!!

You can certainly keep focused on your Drivin Skillzzzz.......
I raced local motocross until the ripe old age of 38........Been racin Rc's since then.....

I could never get burnt out on Racing Rc's........

P.S.I havent been to the HOSPITAL yet! LMAO!! Last time over the bar's it took forever to get up and a week in the bed!!
5yrs of Rc no broken bones JUST PARTS !!! LOL!
Old 05-13-2007, 10:00 AM   #3506
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

....Well thats good to know. I was under the impression that most factory drivers used a new ride for every big event. Keeping things in tip top shape and daily maintenance works wonders. It really amazes me the people who dont keep their cars pristine, then show up to race, a good percentage of the time the vehicle will fail mechanically.

Learning how to drive really really helps in the maintenance department however...as ive found in the 2-3 years ive been in the hobby.

Thanks for the reply and I look forward to someday be able to compete with quality racers like yourself.....now to find a pitman!
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:16 PM   #3507
Tech Initiate

Hello, I wanted to ask about part support, including parts for the losi 8 and tires. Is there a particular date at which all the backorder parts and tires will become available? I have been waiting a month to aquire a new front shock standoff, and a few other parts. I understand that the 8ight is in high demand right now, but the racing season is upon us. I have always had great customer service from Losi in the past, and I only race their kits. Basically I would just like some assurance that Losi plans on keeping up the great service to its customers, and not get to caught up in the $$

Thanks in advance!

Mike
mikezap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:48 PM   #3508
Tech Elite

mike - I'm not sure if there's a date set for the parts to be back in stock, but I do apologize that they're pretty scarce right now. I haven't heard what the hold up is, but I'll try to find out what's going on. I take it pretty personally to continue Losi's reputation for customer service, haha.

In the meantime, try looking at some of the online shops that have a lot of traffic and see what they've got. I'm very adamant about supporting the local hobby stores we have, but sometimes you've gotta look around!

Try:
www.amainhobbies.com
www.bmainhobbies.com (ironic, I know)
www.losipartshouse.com

And there are others, I'm sure.

rezenclowd - I don't build new cars all the time, and I don't think most of the Losi guys do, for that matter.

As long as someone is having fun with their toy car, that's what really matters. And I'm always up for a race, let me know when you're ready!

Factory Seal - HAHAHA! Noo, I'm not married. My dad got me into this stuff when I was 10, and we both raced for a long time. When I started beating him pretty consistently (he was faster than me for years) he stopped racing and concentrated on working on my stuff, he's always been very mechanically talented.

Having him at the track is really nice, it allows me to relax and focus on what I'm doing, and my equipment is always in tip-top shape. He's always helping the other team guys, and anyone at the track who has a question about something, and I know he really likes being involved in that aspect of the hobby.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:02 AM   #3509
Tech Elite

Default Racin

Well,That explain's how you get to race all the time!!!

Noone to answer too,I always have to Consult with the War Dept. (WIFE) Before i plan too RACE !!! LOL!

You would be WISE to think it over a LLLLOOOOnnnnggggggg! time before you cross that bridge!

Dont get me wrong i love my wife.......I have been trying to get her a second job.........We need more money in the RACE BUDGET!!! LMAO!!
Old 05-14-2007, 09:38 AM   #3510
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron

Having him at the track is really nice, it allows me to relax and focus on what I'm doing...
And come hang out in our pits and talk crap and give my Mugen dirty looks.