Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porkchop
i think losi as we all know it done it going to all be rtr from here on out i dont think we will see a 8ight 2 or 8ight t at all imo
If I'm correct which I almost am sure I am. The Losi family did not own Team Losi during the R&D of the 8ight (not sure if Gil Jr. designed some of it). If he didn't then why would the 8ight go down, they haven't lost any of the R&D guys. Losi still has their team drivers and R&D team Drake, Hodge, Amezcua.

Kyosho was already going back to the drawing boards like all of the other companies out there as soon as the 8ight came out. The 8ight is probably the most advanced 8th scale buggy out there right now and the other companies are trying to keep up and are going back and starting from scratch and developing.

I think this is a great move for Kyosho and don't really think it will effect Team Losi that much, since the Losi family hasn't owned Team Losi for about 3 years (if I'm right). Team Losi and Kyosho aren't going to be merging.

Oh yeah, and the 8ight-T is already out.

Last edited by AZRCaddict; 03-22-2007 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
But that's the thing...we're getting GALLONS from these engines after breaking them in like that. The first engine I've done this to has over five gallons on it, including a runaway, and still idles, runs very well, and gets good mileage. It's not worn out! In fact, that's the engine I ran Saturday night. The Platinum Edition .21's are the first engines we've started breaking in this way, and it seems to work very well; this is how The Drake himself recommends customers to break in these engines.
are you doing this on the stock version too, or just the draked version? thanks
Old 03-23-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

i still have not broke in my drake .21 and am a little scared to do this!I have never bought a $350.00 nitro engine!Don't want to loose it before i ever run it!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default racin

bump!!
Old 03-26-2007, 05:22 PM
Tech Initiate

i was rooting for ya Aaron, but you let me and all your loyal fans down LOL

good job, lets have the scoop
Old 03-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Mr. SHEP - It's about time someone gave me an honest opinion! HAHA. Everyone has been saying "dude, making the B at that race was a huge accomplishment!" and I was bummed because I didn't make the show.

But seriously, there were what, 8 current and former world champions at the race. A few of them didn't make it past the lower mains on Saturday night. I beat several multiple-time Worlds finalists. Was it a great performance? No, but I'm still pretty happy with how the week went. I made the B in my first truggy race, out of 110+ entries.

Losi did well, BIG props to Mike Truhe and Adam Drake for an awesome weekend. Three TQ's, two wins. Mike was awful close to winning all three classes, he definitely had the speed. Kudos also to Casey Peck for a big weekend! Also, big thanks to Kyle Boice and the guys who put their Losi buggies in the Sportsman A-Main, you guys all did great. Oh, and Sean McBeth, privateer Losi truck in the Gas Truck A-Main!

LOWGEARED - Jr.'s decision to move to Kyosho will be good for the hobby. I think he felt it was time for a change, and it was a personal decision for him. I wish him the best; he's one of the most genuine people I've met in this hobby, not to mention intelligent and talented.

37 RACING and stump27 - We do this with both versions of that engine. Works good.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

one last thing, the platinum instructions say to add a 0.1mm shim for 30% and up. do i need to do that? most engines i just run as they come.... thanks
Old 03-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Default Motors

I know that you have answered this many times before but I am thinking about getting an 8ight and wondered what to do to break in the engine properly.

Thanks
Old 03-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
Mr. SHEP - It's about time someone gave me an honest opinion! HAHA. Everyone has been saying "dude, making the B at that race was a huge accomplishment!" and I was bummed because I didn't make the show.

But seriously, there were what, 8 current and former world champions at the race. A few of them didn't make it past the lower mains on Saturday night. I beat several multiple-time Worlds finalists. Was it a great performance? No, but I'm still pretty happy with how the week went. I made the B in my first truggy race, out of 110+ entries.

Losi did well, BIG props to Mike Truhe and Adam Drake for an awesome weekend. Three TQ's, two wins. Mike was awful close to winning all three classes, he definitely had the speed. Kudos also to Casey Peck for a big weekend! Also, big thanks to Kyle Boice and the guys who put their Losi buggies in the Sportsman A-Main, you guys all did great. Oh, and Sean McBeth, privateer Losi truck in the Gas Truck A-Main!

LOWGEARED - Jr.'s decision to move to Kyosho will be good for the hobby. I think he felt it was time for a change, and it was a personal decision for him. I wish him the best; he's one of the most genuine people I've met in this hobby, not to mention intelligent and talented.

37 RACING and stump27 - We do this with both versions of that engine. Works good.
Dont worry homie, no matter if you are in the Z main, we all think you are very fast and smooth driver, and cool dude to talk to, you are in the elite fast guys club.................................
Old 03-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

stump - Yes, it's a good idea.

Trixter - There are lots of different theories on engine break in. The car won't make any difference about how to do it.

If you get a Trinity Platinum engine, you can read about our recommended break-in procedure earlier in this thread.

nobike - I don't want to be in an elite club! I race toy cars for goodness sake.

But thanks for the kind words
Old 03-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Aaaaaron-- I have a .12 and a .21 platnium engine (std editions), what plug do you run on them?

Thanks dude! Also nice job making the "B"
Old 03-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info, Aaron. You're a class act.....
Old 03-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default racin

Aaron,Sound's like you were close to Pace......Result's are what each Person expect's the Out come of his are her ability To be ......If i were in the F Main,And felt as though i was performing my best......I would be stoked to be in with a chance to Bump Up!! LOL!!

It must be very intence to Compete at your level.....Talent way DEEP!!

PROP"S TO YOU Mr.LOSI.......

Any Day drivin my R,C.'s is a GREAT DAY!

Later!

Last edited by Factory Seal; 03-28-2007 at 10:01 AM. Reason: fix
Old 03-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

Whats a good motor to put in a NT for someone who has never raced nitro offroad...?? thx
Old 03-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

OS CVR with the 10er (roatary) carb. They are cheap produce good power and are reliable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.