Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Mabuchi540
so I go to put the front wheels on (no I still haven't even run it yet) and the wheel nut on the left hand side doesn't fit properly.

Long story short it turns out the inner recess for the wheel bearing isnt molded deep enough which results in the axel bolt not having enough thread left on the outside of the wheel to put the nut on.

It's not just a one off either as it is also the case with the spare one I have from the other kit.

This is freaking insane dude, who the hell do I have to write to that actually cares at Losi and that will actually do something about it.

It has been mentioned on the XXX-CR thread that I could just use a longer bolt. Well firstly I shouldn't have too and I've given up trying to find a 1 1/4 inch version of the button head screw that's in the kit.

I got asked today at the local track why I still had got it running and they think this kit must be a bit of a joke or think I should have got a B4 instead. Quite frankly I agree with them.
it's only a TOY car no need to get all worked up

and good job on making the A-main
Old 02-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Post Oh please......

Originally Posted by Mr.SHEP
it's only a TOY car no need to get all worked up

and good job on making the A-main
let's see you not complain if you'd had the parts missing from your kit and you had to raid your second kit to even continue construction and parts molded incorrectly on both so that you couldn't even finish one car.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mabuchi540
Long story short it turns out the inner recess for the wheel bearing isnt molded deep enough which results in the axel bolt not having enough thread left on the outside of the wheel to put the nut on.
Make sure that the head of the screw is centered in the spacer. If it is not seated properly, the screw will not thread in all the way.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:06 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

What's up with the XXXT-Cr? Will there be one and when is it coming out?
Old 02-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

J-rod!
Old 02-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Good job on the 7th place finish at the NC! Very impressive!
Old 02-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrats Aaron! Against all the top Drivers 7th in the A-Main is awesome!! Good job my friend....
Old 02-26-2007, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Aaron awesome job in the A main. also was great to finally meet you. i have the pics and i thought i had the camera set right, but right now they are double the kb size allowed so if and when i get that figured out i will get them on here for you.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AzBobby
Aaron awesome job in the A main. also was great to finally meet you. i have the pics and i thought i had the camera set right, but right now they are double the kb size allowed so if and when i get that figured out i will get them on here for you.
just host the pics on photobucket.com it will automatically resize them for you...
Old 02-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Jon - Haha, that was a really late night. Lots of fun though.

nbcaznmaster - Those engines run great. You won't have the same power in your LSP as you would with a .28 but you should still have great success with it (many pro-level drivers use .21's in their 1/8th scale trucks). You will also have much better fuel mileage with the .21, especially the Trinity engine.

yamrace - I run the included foam inserts, and they hold up great. Losi's stock foam inserts have always had good life.

MAUSTIN - I'm not really well-versed on Spektrum equipment. Try setting all your trims, EPA's, and Expo settings back to factory settings, re-binding, and starting over. If that doesn't fix it, try contacting Spektrum and see what they can do for you.

Mabuchi - Calm down! Haha. I'm home from the race and won't be busy this week. I'll make some phone calls.

Rich - Whoa whoa whoa! I don't want to be considered "elite" by any means! I had a good weekend driving my toy car, and raced competitively in a pretty talented field. That's good enough for me!

drrm123 - The engines I race with are the same as the "Drake Modified" versions of the Platinum engines.

dasupacat - Not for a while.

To everyone who had nice things to say about last weekend, thank you so much! My dad and I were absolutely thrilled the whole time. The reception I got when my name was announced during driver introductions for the A-Main brought tears to my eyes, it was amazing.

...Now I just gotta work on making the gas truck and truggy mains at Silver State!
Old 02-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

awesome job bud!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Aaron did you guys learn anything new about the car in terms of setup that you all care to share from this past weekend's race?
Old 02-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
just host the pics on photobucket.com it will automatically resize them for you...
like i know how to do that, i can't even resize them myself.
Yes Arron drove great all weekend, way to go. The Losi crew definetely was on their game. AE has some work to do but we all know they come out swinging at the next big race.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AzBobby
like i know how to do that, i can't even resize them myself.
Yes Arron drove great all weekend, way to go. The Losi crew definetely was on their game. AE has some work to do but we all know they come out swinging at the next big race.
You can Email them to me and I'll get them resized and posted up for you. [email protected]
Old 02-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Lars - Thanks! I was STOKED the whole week.

wellin - To be honest, the only thing I changed on either of my cars, over the course of the whole week, was tires. Both of my cars felt way better than my driving capability, haha.

Bobby - Thanks again. I can't wait for Vegas...I'm sure I speak for the rest of the team when I say we'll be swinging for the fence there as well!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.