R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-25-2007, 04:56 PM   #3001
Tech Elite

OK. E-mails might take a while, just because of the sheer volume of messages they get.

Regardless, I'll check with someone next week when they get back.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:10 PM   #3002
Tech Master

Thumbs up Thanks.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
OK. E-mails might take a while, just because of the sheer volume of messages they get.

Regardless, I'll check with someone next week when they get back.
for the help.
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:25 PM   #3003
Tech Elite

Of course!
Old 01-25-2007, 05:50 PM   #3004
Tech Master

Default Actually.....

Quote:
Of course!
I can add shock cartridges to the list as well now. I'm building the shocks at the moment and two cartridges need replacing already. They wouldn't thread into the shock properly and on close inspection the threads haven't been molded correctly. Picture the thread as it spirals down ...jumping track....if you will and rather than following the path that it should it dives under into the level below.

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 01-26-2007 at 05:16 AM.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:58 PM   #3005
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

i am going moded on the vspec no matter what because i dont know how to change out the front bearing. And that is the one thing i have seen alot of people complain about.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:35 PM   #3006
Tech Elite

I didn't know that the new V-Specs still had that problem? They made a change to the bearings a long time ago.

There are a select few engine guys out there with decades of experience and comprehensive knowlege of these engines and how they work. There are also people out there who have a dremel and a company name and I wouldn't let them anywhere near my equipment.

Mabuchi - On Monday, I'll see what I can do to get you set up with someone who can take care of everything. Sound good?
Old 01-26-2007, 02:53 PM   #3007
Tech Master

Thumbs up Sounds excellent.....

Quote:
Mabuchi - On Monday, I'll see what I can do to get you set up with someone who can take care of everything. Sound good?
out of curiosity I have to ask that although I assume other people from time to time have had 'some' of the problems I've had the fact that I've had them 'all together' so to speak is 'unfortunate/rare'?
Old 01-27-2007, 01:33 AM   #3008
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default No help from Trinity............

Howdy Aaron, thanks a ton for taking the time to answer a TON of questions. Only one from me though. I noticed that Trinity is one of your sponsors and was just wondering if there is any better way of communicating with them than email or through their warranty system.? I just bought a Trinity Sanyo 3600 matched pack from my lhs and it has three dead cells. It has never even been in a car, just cycled at 6 amps then on to a dpd......three dead cells. Have tried to contact Trinity with 5 emails over the last three months and no reply........what to do? lhs says tuff luck since I soldered it and cycled it.
oldguyzrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:11 AM   #3009
Tech Adept

Please don't take this as an insult, but are you sure that your solder joints are good and that there is true contat between the cells?

Have you tested the cells individually, unsoldered and checked them one by one?

just some thoughts.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:21 AM   #3010
Tech Elite

Mabuchi - Honestly, I really don't know what to say about the kit you got. Like with anything mass-produced, there are problems every once in a while...but I don't hear of them very often and NEVER that bad.

Chalk it up to bad luck of bring extremely unfortunate, I really don't know. Keep bumping this thread to the top to remind me to get a hold of someone this week and see what I can do to get you taken care of.

oldguyzrule - Thanks for the kind words...I just try to do my job, haha.

As Trixter suggested, check each cell and your solder joints and see if you can't diagnose the problem.

I'm not really sure which direction to point you in regards to contacting someone at Trinity. I was going to suggest calling them (I ALWAYS prefer phone calls over e-mails, because that way you'll know if someone answers) but their website directs you to e-mail rather than call their old tech hotline.

I'd hate to recommend that you call them and not have anything come of it, but that might be your best bet. Sorry I can't really be much more help.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:45 AM   #3011
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1
Talking

Wow Aaron! You do burn the candle at both ends.
Love the Losi Buggy.

Any word on new shock orings, inserts for the servo horns or New Losi tires? I would love to run Losi compounds in something like a Crime Fighter. I saw Taper pins coming. BooYA!

This car is smoking fast!
TEX
(972) 271-4844
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:21 AM   #3012
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Servo Advice

A few questions on servo selection...

For my steering servo should I go with...
105oz. Torque, .08sec (JR Z8800S Digital)
OR
188oz. Torque, .15sec (JR Z8800T Digital)

For my throttle/brake sevo should I go with...
105oz. Torque, .08sec (JR Z8800S Digital)
OR
85oz. Torque, .15sec (JR Z590)

Thanks.
slakr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:24 PM   #3013
Tech Elite

Tex - Thanks for the kind words...I think? Candle? Haha!

New o-rings are in the works, but I haven't heard anything about servo horn inserts. Have you had that many problems with them?

Tires are in the works..don't expect five new designs within the next month but I know Losi wants to jump in the buggy tire game sometime. I run the Step Pins quite a bit and I really like them, and the Taper Pin should be the hot ticket for indoor tracks.

slakr - For an 1/8th scale car, or a gas truck?

I always recommend getting the best servos you can afford. For an 1/8th scale buggy, you'd be better off with an 8800T for steering and an 8800S (or another 8800T) for throttle. For a gas truck, you could get away with an 8800S for steering and a 590 for throttle and have no problems.

I run Airtronics stuff (by choice and familiarity, I'm not sponsored by them). I like the 357/360 for steering in gas truck, and just a 737 for throttle. In 1/8th scale, I use a 359 for both.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:44 PM   #3014
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Application is for 1/8th buggy.

Currently I have an MBX5 and have an Z8800T for steering and a Z590 for throttle/brake.
Previously I had a Mayhem and used a JR Z650 (142/.17) for steering and a Z590 for throttle/brake.

Looking at replacing the MBX5 this year and deciding what gear to put in my new ride. As you can tell, I am a JR servo guy and I do feel that the Z8800T was a beeter choice than the Z650 for steering. But I am curious as to if it is necessary to have digital servos. I will probably stick with the Z8800T (188/.15 digital) servo for my steering, but may go with a Z4800S (102/.11 analog) for throttle/brake.
slakr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:25 PM   #3015
Tech Elite

Personally, I'm not a fan of digital servos. It's not because I feel that analog servos are better or smoother, or that there's anything wrong with digital servos, it's just that I've been driving toy cars for 10 years with analog servos and digitals feel funny to me, haha.