Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Ask Aaron Waldron >

Ask Aaron Waldron

Ask Aaron Waldron

Old 10-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Oh dear.

mugen, you can edit a post to add anything else you may have forgotten!

The argument can be made that the CX12R2N is one of Novarossi's best and most gas-truck-friendly .12's ever made. With that said, the MT12 has held a strong standing in the racing world for a long time. Racers have learned tricks over the years, like gearing up (to a 19 tooth clutch bell), turning their EPA down, running the engine rich, using carb restrictors, etc. I've always been a fan of the philosophy that it's better to have the power and not use it, than to need it and not have it. Use that engine as a training tool for your throttle finger, and learn to control the power you have on tap. It will make you a better driver for every car and engine combination you ever pick up.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Aaron, on my AD1, the ballstud broke in the rear center hole for the turnbuckle attachment. Which would be a better location to mount the new studs in, inside or Middle? I am getting a new rear shock tower, but doubt it will be here before the race this coming weekend. I put them on the inside and then set the camber at -1 for practicing, but was wondering which would be abetter location, the track is going to be dirt, with some jumps if it makes any difference, run damp, I believe.
Thanks,
Rod
Old 10-16-2006, 05:06 PM
saw
Tech Adept

hey dude come see me at the mapston
i probably have one that you can have

jim mann
Old 10-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

If I had to choose between the two I'd probably say the outside hole...but the best choice would be a new shock tower.

Your local hardware store might have some reverse drill bits that are used in situations like that. It's worth a shot.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

To the top!
Old 10-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Hay Aaron just wonder if you have driven xxxcr yet, and if you think it is a better car than the bk2? I read some were that a xxxtcr was being tested, any idea what changes are going to made on the new truck?
Old 10-21-2006, 08:09 AM
Company Representative

Hey Aaron, how ya' doin'? I thought I'd just stop by and say hi. Are you and your Dad coming to the Reedy Truck Race?

Scott

P.S. I sent you a PM. I need help with the forum.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gatermaxx
Hey Aaron, on my AD1, the ballstud broke in the rear center hole for the turnbuckle attachment. Which would be a better location to mount the new studs in, inside or Middle? I am getting a new rear shock tower, but doubt it will be here before the race this coming weekend. I put them on the inside and then set the camber at -1 for practicing, but was wondering which would be abetter location, the track is going to be dirt, with some jumps if it makes any difference, run damp, I believe.
Thanks,
Rod
You can save that shock tower by using a dremel cutting wheel to cut a slot into the part of the ball stud still in the tower. It is best to cut horizontal, the remaining slot in the shock tower (you will have to cut into the tower to get to the stud) won't weaken it much and you can convert to a captured ball end like a Dubro that allows you to use a screw to attach the ball end for more strength.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

To use the quick change wheels on a mf2, do you need different front axles?

I believe ive got everything for the rear.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

slammin - They're just both different cars. The BK2 was a really good car and I think it's awesome for loamy and rougher tracks. The CR is easier to drive fast on smoother tracks, like what most electric races are held on, and it really doesn't give anything up to the BK2 on any track condition.

Scott - We should be there Wednesday morning. I answered your PM. See you this week!

lawton - Losi sells adapter kits to use on the rear. To use those wheels on the front, you just need the AD2 front axles.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

aaron - is there any way to adjust the caster on an i8ght? i can get into the corner, but i seem to have a problem staying in, the car wants to push.
any help?
Old 10-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Try thicker rear diff oil. Caster is a funny, conditional adjustment and can really throw off the balance of a car.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Fresh off a top ten finish at the Reedy Truck Race of Champions...and all fired up to go race some 1/8th scale

To the top!
Old 10-30-2006, 03:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default losi 8ight

Aaron - The paint scheme of the car on the 8ight box looks fairly similar to Jukka’s very own paint scheme. Was Jukka involved into the 8ight project?
I know Jukka and Gil Jr. travelled to Europe back in ’04 to race the European 1/8 off-road championship with a Mugen or a Kyosho. The 8ight project probably goes back as far as ’04, may be earlier.
Some of the old-school boys on this thread may remember back in the late ‘80s the Losi family imported kits of an European 1/8 off-road buggy called siccom. This car had its engine at the center of the chassis and an offset drive train
Old 10-30-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Jukka is the Senior Manager of Engineering at Losi. I am sure he had his hand in the design. The influence of the XX4 in the geometry I am sure is part of his doing as well. He always liked the XX4 but then again 2 WC titles with the car you would think he might like the design it a little.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.