R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-29-2005, 05:11 PM   #2551
Tech Regular

AW

I am currently looking to slow down the pixie lo, with winter comming up, I will be running a lot on a indoor track, and it is a little slick, and stock truck usually turns the fastest laps on this track.

Im currently running a od pipe with a losi header.

I was thinking of switching to the drake pipe with a mugen header(shorter then the losi header), would this help smooth out the bottom?????

Any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated. dont really want to buy another engine but I may.

thanks
dave mac

ps
the longer fuel line works like a charm
D Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 02:16 AM   #2552
Tech Elite

The Mugen header will give the truck more power. I haven't run any header/pipe combination other than the Losi one since the original AD1 came out...it's dialed. I always run 1/4 inch gap between the pipe and header...a smaller gap will smooth out the power. I'm not sure off the top of my head one that would fit, but you might want to try running a restrictor. Oh yeah...and a whole lot of throttle control :-)

If you are going to get a more traction-friendly engine, check into the Adam Drake Signature Series engines. So easy to drive..it's like racing electric!

Dave - The wheel? I'm not old enough to remember un-sliced bread...haha.

J. Fil-a-POW - Might want to correct JB on saying your name. That LXT was so dialed on the wet track it was funny! We'll be at HRH probably every Tuesday until the Truck Race. You sure you don't want a rut-rut?

losirunner - Any of those engines should run just fine. The Fantom engine will probably have a little more power than the CV's..so if you want your truck to be easier to drive, you might want to stick with those first.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:01 AM   #2553

Send a message via AIM to losirunner Send a message via MSN to losirunner Send a message via Yahoo to losirunner

Thanks Aaron. I will prbbaly stick with the Fantom out of the gate then, just because I am used to low turn modifieds...

Thanks!
losirunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 11:51 AM   #2554
Tech Elite

Sounds good
Old 09-30-2005, 06:17 PM   #2555

Send a message via AIM to losirunner Send a message via MSN to losirunner Send a message via Yahoo to losirunner

quick question..

which engine shaft is it for the XXXNT?
Old 09-30-2005, 06:21 PM   #2556
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

threaded

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 06:23 PM   #2557

k, thanks
Old 10-01-2005, 03:07 PM   #2558
Tech Initiate

Default moving wieght around

Hey Arron,or anyone else with somr input for that matter, I am finding that my xxx-nt always seems to be light in the nose and was wondering if there are any suggestions to help with this.

Thanx
dprior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 03:40 PM   #2559
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to LosiFromHell986

Hey Aaron, This might be a stupid question to ask, but would you happen to have any tips for a driver who gets a bit too nervous during racing? Any personal tips or something? I started racing again, and I'm more into it than ever before, but I can't seem to get a grip on the driver's stand. It really can kill my driving...
LosiFromHell986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 04:00 PM   #2560

can i put a rear exhaust in a XXXNT?
Old 10-01-2005, 07:01 PM   #2561
Tech Initiate

just thought of another question i had. when using the grey ballcups do you use the superduty lungsford buckles & studs. and if so do you need to drill & tap 5-40 for the ballstuds.

thanx again derrick
dprior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 07:55 PM   #2562
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default losi

aaron,

just wanted to give mad props to the whole losi crew. here in detroit, we finished up with our FTMS series that Al Horne runs and just had jessie robbers, mike truhe, and travis amezzcua(sp) up here for it. besides those guys putting on a hell of show it was awesome to see how great those guys are personally.

besides that, almost ALL of the podium finishes were losi's even in the stock classes, novices, masters, etc etc.....
vic0280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 08:31 PM   #2563
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

That was some serious racing today man!! Glad I made it for sure. Losi crew is fast!
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 10:00 PM   #2564
Tech Adept

losirunner- Yes you can put a rear exhaust engine in the NT. You will need to buy the header for it LOSA9437.

losifromhell986- Take a few deep breaths, and just block out all of the other cars on the track. Run your race.
the dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 12:39 PM   #2565
Tech Elite

dprior - We've always run the Trinity front pivot block, it adds a little bit of weight. Are you talking about the nose being light when you're jumping? Or the truck wheelies a lot?

losifromhell - Nerves are perfectly normal. Everyone gets a little bit nervous..even the world's best. I always walk the track..before practice, before qualifying starts, before the mains..and try to run through the lap in my head. I try my best not to get nervous about the other drivers on the track, and constantly focus on hitting my marks every corner, every lap.

Going into the race thinking "I can beat all these (insert your favorite insulting expletive)" certainly helps too

vic and jbrow - I heard it went well! Truhe and Peanut were stoked about going..I'm happy to hear from the locals that they liked it! :-)