R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-24-2005, 09:36 AM   #2446
Tech Addict

any sightings?

does anyone have a pic of him in the crowd, so we can play "where's Waldron"?
TeamTazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:16 PM   #2447
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

Well you know.....he's a big hot shot "Worlds Contender" now....he has no time to talk to us "Regional" racers.....pshhh

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 08:58 PM   #2448
Tech Elite

Well....considering this thread isn't going anywhere....I thought I'd post my feelings and thoughts about poeple....in the hobby.

I got a job in the Car department of my LHS and am somewhat suprised. Being a hardcore racer, I went in assuming everyone was going to be buying MF kits and T4's and 33's and High Preformance shtuff....but I am quite suprised as I havn't sold anything other than TRAXXAS RTR's, REVOS, RTR's and sprot 1500's all week as well as last week!!!

All I work on is RTR this and RTR that! All I've answered is "why won't my engine run?" and "what's the fastest car you sell?" and "how fast does it go?"

People are literally shocked when I ask them if they want the car for racing or playinig...."RACING?!....you can race these things!!??"

I'm also a little tired of them being fully bummed when I throw out a price for an entry level Kit.....even a simple $200 to get a rustler running blows them away!! I mean, when I tell them I spend over a grand on each of my cars, just to buy them, they call me crazy! They think a REVO priced at $450 is a joke!!

All I can say is, "well, it isn't a Radio Shack car" and "for the price of 4 broken RS RC cars, you can have one of these that you can fix"

I've been working there for 2 weeks and I'm already tired of the redundant "my engine wont run..." Then I turn a screw a half turn, fire it up and they think I'm god!

I'm sorry....I'm just blowing off some steam....I was sort of expecting a little more out of the customer. Personally, I wish everyone was a racer.

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
Old 06-25-2005, 10:02 PM   #2449
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

mafia-- Welcome to the real hobby. This is why Traxxas is the number one selling brand in the industry and also why RTR's are so popular these days. The thing you will find is that the racers already know what they want and you will not be "helping" them as much as the new guy. Keep advertising to people that you can race these things and let them know where to go to watch racing as it will help grow the racing part of the hobby but you will always have more bashers then racers! That is just the way the industry is that us hardcore racers do not see too often or understand fully unless you work at a LHS.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 08:35 AM   #2450
Tech Adept

try & get some track flyers & put them in the shop where they can see them & keep letting them know about racing them.
About the cost, just tell them once they get the startup items, it's not that bad.
dkj-M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:32 AM   #2451
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nutfluff

This is why I believe the racing companies need to really get involved with promoting the racing aspect of the hobby. Down at SoCal you always see some people watching races who are just fascinated. (I was one of them.) I think that all year round there should be "exhibition races" where the companies put aside their individual goals and get together to promote the hobby as a whole. Get all the team drivers together, have some fun races like they do at the Hobby Show (at these shows, however, most people there already know about the hobby.), Have an exhibtion tour that is promoted in the cities they will be held, give away prizes, etc. Advertising is the key to any business and if the companies can try to reach out of the niche of hobbyists, we could potentially see some growth. You got to spend money to make money.

I do realize that it is an expensive hobby and it seems that most involved don't make enough to really get into it full force but if someone is really interested they'll get creative and find the funds.

This all reminds me of how in the computer world, Apple was always a "niche" company. They only sold their products through themselves. Now you can buy Apple products everywhere and the company is growing like crazy...

Oh and Mafia, "What do you mean I have to glue the tires???!!!" Just tell them "Welcome to the next level."
nutfluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:41 PM   #2452
Tech Apprentice

I found Waldo do I get a prize? He was at the Dirt this weekend for the Babcock series. I informed him his faithful following was concerned he may never return. LOL!
M LANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 04:44 PM   #2453
Tech Addict

pictures, need pictures for the prize!!
Old 06-28-2005, 02:56 AM   #2454
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by M LANE
I found Waldo do I get a prize? He was at the Dirt this weekend for the Babcock series. I informed him his faithful following was concerned he may never return. LOL!
Congrats! Did Aaron actually say he may never return?

Sean
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:26 AM   #2455
Tech Elite

Well, The next stop of the pro-series is at my track.....I'm assuming he'll be there. If so, I'll snap a picture for yall!!

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
Old 06-28-2005, 01:14 PM   #2456
Tech Addict

Hmm; Canby! I had thought about going to the next NCT race there, but if I can get a chance to grab AWOL by the ears and drag him back to save our souls here, I just might do it!!
Old 06-28-2005, 11:01 PM   #2457
Tech Elite

this thread has to rename as " searching for aaron waldron "
arghh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 06:21 AM   #2458
Tech Regular

I think we should all except the fact, he probaly finaly got a girl to pay attention to him lmao
D Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 01:13 PM   #2459
Tech Addict

R.I.P. Mr. Waldron
Old 07-01-2005, 12:41 PM   #2460
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to KevinO1211
Talking

Hey Mafia, when you take the picture make sure he's wearing brightly colored clothes and is standing in a large crowd of people so we can play "Where's Waldron?".
KevinO1211 is offline   Reply With Quote