R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-21-2005, 07:57 PM   #2356
Tech Elite

let say i only have 50wt shock oil and 7000wt diff oil, how can i make it 30 or 40wt shock oil and 3000 or 5000wt diff oil. is there any way to do it.. is there any liquid or oil that i can mixture it to change the oil weight..
arghh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 08:13 PM   #2357
Tech Adept

Quote:
I just finished putting "the dirt" set up in my car and I'm ready to give it a try for tomorrow night. Per the set up sheet, I have #56 pistons all around but I noticed for the front they are standard and in the rear it says "drilled". Is there a standard to use when someone says "drilled pistons"? Like, do you open up one or all of the holes with a certain size drill? To you add a hole of a particular size? Any info is appreciated.

Also, I added the .020" shim "pro squat" under the rear of the rear block... what does this do for handling?

Thanks!
hey inthedust, that is my posts - word for word - that I put in the AD2 forum a day or 2 ago... what's up with that?
x-GTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 11:09 PM   #2358
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

Quote:
Originally posted by D Mac
How often do you clean your clutch shoes??

And how do you clean them??

Thanks
Dave mac
Its such a big job that I really don't bother to mess with it. I've never had a problem with my clutch shoes, but I'm told that I would know it if I did! However, I did take the whole assembly apart once and inspected it. If anything, just take some steel wool and rub the inside of the bell.....for the shoes, you can take your hobby knife and (staying perpendicular with the shoe shape) scrape away very lightly to remove any crap from the surface and put er' back together!

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 05:56 AM   #2359
Tech Regular

Jeff Brown, whats up bro, how you like the mt12?? Thats what Im running again. lol ,hows the truck class in your area, it has really come to life here in the carolinas, good luck with the 1/8 scale.

Mafia thanks for the input, I know some guys that clean them them twice on a race day,
D Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 08:29 AM   #2360
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Haha, finally put the mt.12 in but have yet to break it in. Waiting on a servo right now. Been to busy to do much with any of em. But racing is coming up in two or three weeks, so don't know what the truck numbers will be like. I know 1/8 scale turnouts will be good though, always are around here.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 10:03 AM   #2361
Tech Initiate

Default same post

I went to ad2 thread to ask the same question --- as I put the dirt setup in the same night. I wanted to ask AAron the same question so I did a cut and paste I could.nt figure out how to a quote
sorry X
inthedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 12:39 PM   #2362
Tech Adept

Ahhh... don't be sorry man, no biggie. I just wanted to know what the deal was!
x-GTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 04:10 PM   #2363
Tech Elite

Default Aaron Waldron....

Has a PM!...

Thanks....

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
Old 04-24-2005, 09:58 PM   #2364
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default xxx help

aaron i got one for you, i just put graphite parts on my sons xxx buggy and it has the extra holes in the arms to run a wider track when i move the rear to the outter holes my drive axles are to short i bought all the graphite stuff from r\cboyz on ebay but i don`t know what to change to get the drives to fit. some guy at an off road track we go to said that the bk2 shafts are shorter than the xxx but the diff out drives are wider to compensate does that sound right to you if so will the bk2 diff fit my tranny, or is there another fix for this.

THANKS
BUTCH REGALIA
BMXJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 10:09 PM   #2365
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

You could probably set your shocks in different mounting positions so you don't have so much downtravel. Or put limiters in the shocks. Prolly not the answer you're looking for, but I don't know anything about losis.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:39 AM   #2366
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes, your local guy is right. The axels are shorter and the outdrives longer. Now as for it fitting, I have no idea. I just know that when using the VLA system you need the BK2 parts to make it work. Aaron should be able to answer the fitting question for ya.
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:08 AM   #2367
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

You need to get the VLA rear hubs that have two holes in them. The VLA does not change the over all width of the car. It is meant to change the pivot point on the arm. If you use old style single hole rear hubs in the outter hole the drive shafts will not fit properly and the car will be wider then what is legal for this class.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:11 PM   #2368
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I know I should use the search button for this, but at the risk of reading through 2000+ posts, I'll ask any way...
When changing the camber length on the Losi cars/trucks whats the advantage to changing the A,B,C hole on the carriers as compaired the changing it at the 1,2,3 holes on the bulkheads.

example... whats the differance between a 3-B and 2-A and how can I expect the truck to change.
Thanks in advance for the help,
Nick
beidle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 07:03 AM   #2369
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Aaron- Is there any races going on out to the west? I am gettin bored here in the middle of the country.

TK
Old 04-26-2005, 07:12 AM   #2370
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by beidle99
I know I should use the search button for this, but at the risk of reading through 2000+ posts, I'll ask any way...
When changing the camber length on the Losi cars/trucks whats the advantage to changing the A,B,C hole on the carriers as compaired the changing it at the 1,2,3 holes on the bulkheads.

example... whats the differance between a 3-B and 2-A and how can I expect the truck to change.
Thanks in advance for the help,
Nick
3B will allow the car to roll more in a turn for a handfull of reasons. First, the link is short, so it will allow the car to roll and pivot fairly deeply in a turn giving you a pretty solid amount of traction. I think most people run the 3B link.

The more you move the link inward on the car (keeping it the same length) will result in the car having less roll and it will stay flatter throughout the turn. So, a 2A will have less steering than a 3B.

Also, the longer the link is, the less the suspenion will roll and thus, the less traction at that end. The shorter the link, the more it will roll and more tracion. The further (in...physically) on the bulkhead, the less steering....the furhter (out....physically) on the bulkhead, the more steering.

The rabit hole goes painfully deep, but that't the gyst of it. Just be paitient. Hope this helps.

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com