R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-15-2005, 08:01 AM   #1936
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Waldron
Just move the rear hubs to the upper holes..that'll get rid of on-power steering FOR SURE.

Can I borrow some of that steering, by chance? haha

If you have any pieces of the broken arms, save 'em.
For the too much steering I put bomb one foam in the front tires. I think it may have been too much support in the front tire. I was thinking about lowering the rear hubs to see what that does. I have to find a bunch of washer and a longer ball stud first though!

Why should I save parts? It is still all attached to my truck! Since I did not have parts to fix it at the time I left with it broken!
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 11:40 AM   #1937
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Sgt_Morrow
We just got done porting and polishing my .12 CV about two hours ago. I got the durtrax ABC piston for 20 bucks at tower hobbies. I got one tank through is and got to go back outside to finsh breaking it in but it's like 23 degress out side. Im about too frezze my butt off. But the Big race is tomorrow so you got to do what you got to do.
I forgot to add I don't bother breaking in the cv .12 stock sleeve or the duratrax one. I've been told by some pretty smart fellas it doesn't need it as neither sleeve is a chromed sleeve. I've do take it easy for a tank or two but that's it, and I've got good lifespan from them. And they do run when ported!!

And the aluminum foil is for when it's so cold you can't get the thing past 170 no matter how much you lean it! Ya, it's really to cold to hold the transmitter. I just need a nitro "fix" now and then.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 12:19 PM   #1938
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to GregH

I've heard the same thing about heat cycle and general break-in not being needed.
GregH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 02:17 PM   #1939
Tech Adept

Aaron:

I race my Losi trucks at the track in Klamath Falls, Oregon. The track surface is like running on a wet beach. The top 1/16th of an inch gets a little dry but under that the sand/volcano ash material is damp. The traction is unbeliebable. In Stock I run my MF1 with an almost box stock setup. I have pulled out all the inner baering covers, run plastic diff halves (with titainium sleeves) and aluminum dog bones. I have been trying to have better corner speeds. I know that you don't change much in springs and shocks etc, but what camber settings will help me? Like I say the traction is a 9 or 10 on this track. I've been running Silver Step Pins in the rear and Silver Directionals in the front. All have stock foams in them.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:19 PM   #1940
Tech Adept

Casper, you could have tried moving to the short arms in front to take some steering away, or did you try it.
dkj-M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 05:09 PM   #1941
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to driftingking05 Send a message via Yahoo to driftingking05
Default RC18T

hey aaron my name is justin and my dad bought me an rc18t and i cant remember where i heard this but i heard that some of the mini t bodies will fit on the 18t and if there is any modifications i need to do to the truck. I also have one more thing for the people who own an RC18T could you let me know how you keep the rocks and pebbles from coming up through the motor openning on the bottom of the chassis cuz i put packaging tape on the whole bottom of the chassis and i just wanna know what you guys put. thanks.

driftingking05
driftingking05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 06:35 PM   #1942
Tech Regular

I got my parts last wed. & thur. for my ad2 All i need now is rear arms.Have any of you got your parts yet.
Sofast-NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 07:26 PM   #1943
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by dkj-M3
Casper, you could have tried moving to the short arms in front to take some steering away, or did you try it.
I only got to run it for like 3 tanks. I have not changed anything on the setup yet. I will start trying things soon.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:49 AM   #1944
Tech Rookie

Hey Aaron. Good job racing for 2nd yesterday at Sun Valley. That was fun to watch. Is the fade that you're currently running on your AD2 body the new thing or are you waiting to have one painted in your normal paint scheme? Who paints your bodies?
Brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:10 AM   #1945
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

Quote:
Originally posted by jbrow1
And the aluminum foil is for when it's so cold you can't get the thing past 170 no matter how much you lean it!
Learn me this Aluminum Foil thing.

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:42 AM   #1946
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The aluminum foil thing is easy. If it's super cold outside but you want to run it anyhow, just wrap some aluminum foil around the head of the motor. Keeps the air from blowing thru it, and will let the engine retain some heat. I don't do it much, b/c if it's that cold, my fingers start to hurt anyhow.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:50 AM   #1947
Tech Prophet

Just take some alum foil and wrap it around the head of the engine. This reduces the efficiency of the fins on the head and does not allow the heat to escape thus get the temp up on the motor. If you cannot get the engine up to temp and running good you can use this trick but it has to be pretty cold to need it.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:52 PM   #1948
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers
Default Aaahhh...I get it!

Thats really cool.

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 05:26 PM   #1949
Tech Regular

Aaron can you post a pic of your ad2 with the body on.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:28 PM   #1950
Tech Regular

Aaron is it the trinity alum. front pivot block better than the ad2 pivot block?