R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Ask Aaron Waldron (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/37985-ask-aaron-waldron.html)

Todd Hodge 05-04-2004 12:42 PM

Is it true that you help some of the illiterate RC racers write articles and press releases?

Do you know when Gas Racing will be officially called GIFF Racing?

Why do people race gas?

What temperature should my motor run at on the top of Mt. Everest....I am planning to hike up there and want to run my gas truck?

What does GAS stand for?

Gas
Always
Sucks:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gabe Boudreau 05-04-2004 12:57 PM

HAA HAA! The first flame on Aaron's thread, and it come's from Todd HODGIMOTO! LOL

GB
:nod:

Aaron Waldron 05-04-2004 03:37 PM

Gabe - Fischer beat him to it!

Fissker - Haha! I don't even know how to answer that

Todd - I'm B-team bud..I gotta do what I'm asked!

I think we're gonna be running hotter than our trucks this weekend...I'm glad they decided to hold a race in Vegas..

IN MAY

When are you gonna realize that TCIFF? You need to come race at the Shootout..I PROMISE my dad is a better pit guy now! I even have a receiver pack for you ;)

mafiaracers 05-04-2004 03:44 PM

Originally posted by Aaron Waldron

..I PROMISE my dad is a better pit guy now!

I hear that! I've learned the hard way on several occations. Instead of asking him to do something...if anything at the track. Its more like "hey dad, go ask so & so if they have one of these..."

Aaron Waldron 05-04-2004 04:05 PM

LOL no no no..that was a BIG TIME joke, my dad is the most dialed pit guy ever..

At the Reedy Truck Race at Hot Rod, I was the spotter for the team guys, and my dad was pitting for Todd. Some miscommunication led to Todd having to do a fly-by through pit lane because my dad wasn't ready.

EVERYONE

I'm leaving for the ROAR Gas Nationals in Vegas, and won't be home until Monday morning. Go ahead and leave your questions, and if someone doesn't get them, I will when I get home.

mafiaracers 05-04-2004 04:24 PM

Well good luck! Kick Some A$$! and by the way...I'm serious about my dad! LOL

JoshR 85 05-05-2004 07:45 PM

HeY!!!

Aaron i'm wondering if you ever had a xxx-4 and if so is it true that they break easy and are hard to keep running good. where i'm from there's some people that complain, while a few drivers say they never have a problem cept just driving errors.... just wondering cause i was thinking of getting it untill i heard that.

mafiaracers 05-05-2004 08:18 PM

I hope this is cool Aaron...

JoshR- the first XXX-4 model broke arms and front shock towers on a very regular basis. I remember before the G+ came out, you'd be in the pits and "snap!:eek: "there goes another one" The new G+ rarely brakes. I wouldn't worry too much about breaking stuff.

Aaron Waldron 05-05-2004 09:20 PM

I'm commandeering my uncle's computer for a bit..

No 4wd off-road electric buggy will ever be fast and durable at the same time; it is impossible to design a buggy that will be capable of competing at the speeds we race at, and be able to hold up to the beating that a club racer can dish out, there are just too many design limitations due to all the moving parts required for full-time 4wd.

That said, the XXX-4 (and especially the newest Graphite Plus Edition) are very durable for its class, and offer the best overall package for any 4wd buggy on the market. Parts will always break when you strap a 10x1 into a buggy, but this one does it the best of any car out there.

warpig 05-05-2004 09:37 PM

I had one.. I liked it a lot.. but it hit the chassis in the back corners a lot.. and didn't have the right kickup on the front.. and that bumper slows you down.. on technical jumps you have to keep on power to prevent the nose from slowing you down.. 2wd buggy is much more smooth through techical sections.. not as agile.. but smooth

try a 7x1 in the xxx4.. OMG

warpig 05-05-2004 09:37 PM

it was just a different technique of driving.. that's all..

Team Associated 05-07-2004 08:22 AM

hey Aaron I have a few questions for you. I have a Team Associated RC10GT, I have all Alluminum A-arms on it , a K&N air filter on it, new Shocks on the back, Factory tunned pipe. WHat else would you reccammend me getting for it?

warpig 05-07-2004 10:16 AM

graphite arms, a good two stage filter.. pipe that is good for an mt12 engine, and finally.. an mt12 engine

I'm just joking.. but that is my opinion

Brandon R 05-07-2004 11:24 AM

hey dude...how you get batteries in this thing without cutting the chassis? I was about to mill it down where they would fit but thought you might have a idea

KINGZJ 05-07-2004 02:18 PM

Take all the alum. crap off of your gt and it would be 100 times better. A factory team gt in stock form is a very good truck. AW hates AE he won't be much help with AE questions.