R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #31
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaf1977 View Post
CAUTION: Opinion is from a member of Team Terribles and therefore have a vested interest in promoting AnswerRC products as AnswerRC-USA is a team sponsor! I mean....come on....how can a spring retainer be the best hopup ever brough!!?!?!?!?!

If you aren't worried about reliability and fancy something shiny and lightweight, then go with them....if you are concerned with reliability, stick to stock!

At the end of the day - it's all personal preference. I've seen a number of people running them on buggy with no problems...but know of someone who broke one on 2nd meeting on truggy...
Whatever bro. Give me a break. It has nothing to do with what you stated. It has everything to do with a great product.

The spring retainers are the best because this is the only company that makes them. There is not another company who offers and aluminum retainer and these work like no other.

You never have to worry about a spring popping out again.

Go somewhere else with this negative stuff. People like start this crap for nothing. Grow up bro!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2010, 02:16 PM   #32
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishsoap View Post
Whatever bro. Give me a break. It has nothing to do with what you stated. It has everything to do with a great product.

The spring retainers are the best because this is the only company that makes them. There is not another company who offers and aluminum retainer and these work like no other.

I have been running Mugen buggies and truggies for many years now and have never had a spring pop out
moooogenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:18 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)
Default spring cups

Quote:

Go somewhere else with this negative stuff. People like start this crap for nothing. Grow up bro!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes the spring cups do work i had the stock losi cups fall off more than once these are a good hop up for the price
Serpent S11T Losi ten scte Houston Tuned Team Toronero 2084 ss, plus 4 team 9901 ss pipe Hitech servos Proline tires SPONSORS T@T MOTOR SPORTS AND SKIDOO racing TEAM TERRIBLES,And finally my wallet.In Memory of my Boy Brian!
teamlosi906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #34
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I bought a set of the answer spring cups and felt they had a terrible fit. They fit very loosely on the shock end and don't lock on like the stock ones. They felt like they would fall off very easily. I decided I would rather take the chance of a spring popping off of the retainer(happens sometimes with losi) than having the whole retainer fall off during a race. I haven't even used the answer retainers because they felt so crappy when installed. I'm not sure if I got a bad set or something, but they were VERY loose. I would say FAR from the best hop up. Just my 2 cents.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:51 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
I bought a set of the answer spring cups and felt they had a terrible fit. They fit very loosely on the shock end and don't lock on like the stock ones. They felt like they would fall off very easily. I decided I would rather take the chance of a spring popping off of the retainer(happens sometimes with losi) than having the whole retainer fall off during a race. I haven't even used the answer retainers because they felt so crappy when installed. I'm not sure if I got a bad set or something, but they were VERY loose. I would say FAR from the best hop up. Just my 2 cents.
You say FAR I say BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not everyone is going to agree. Oh well. They work great for me so that is what I can comment on. Losi has had problems with the spring coming off with the stock plastic cups.

At least I dont have to worry about them coming popping out. Plus for added protection you can always zip tie them on the spring as they have holes to do so with a small zip tie.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:19 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
You say FAR I say BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not everyone is going to agree. Oh well. They work great for me so that is what I can comment on. Losi has had problems with the spring coming off with the stock plastic cups.

At least I dont have to worry about them coming popping out. Plus for added protection you can always zip tie them on the spring as they have holes to do so with a small zip tie.
+1 never had a problem in about 3 gallons ..best money spent on a losi

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moooogenman View Post
I have been running Mugen buggies and truggies for many years now and have never had a spring pop out
Great news, keep us updated man.
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:59 AM   #38
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to lewis666

many thanks for the response i am going to get the stock axles just because they are steel and they will last longer. anyway there will not be a noticeable difference in performance with the answer axles
lewis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:40 AM   #39
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
I don't think you had a bad set. Are you running the shock boot all the way down to area where the cup sits? I use qualtex 260 balloons instead of the stock Losi boots all the way to the mounting hole of the shock and the alum retainers work really well with the extra rubber involved. I will try to figure out if a change is needed but I think the shock boot might be the variable here.
mikenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:06 AM   #40
Tech Apprentice

It was me that broke the rear axle on it's 2nd race, brand new truck all shimmed up nice and I was even driving well....and bang no wheel.

Yes I'm not the best driver in town (only 39th in UK Tuggies last year!).

But I am the 'ideal' Answer customer, I want to win, race every weekend, no sponsors at all and have ca$h.
I'm not bashing, only racing on proper tracks with one goal....to go faster.

So what's to point in producing something that only works for a sponsored driver (because of talent) and shafts the rest of us behind them by charging money for a product that won't last........more like team tactics

My other rear axle also has a small crack and the fronts show signs of wear already....

On a positive note.

Yeah I might have a bad batch and get some nice new ones back FOC.

BUT can I trust them if fitted again???????? To win you DO have to finish
jabberingjimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:41 AM   #41
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis666 View Post
anyway there will not be a noticeable difference in performance with the answer axles

And you know this how ?
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:06 AM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)
Default axels

anytime you reduce rotating weight you will see an improvement, that goes on just about anything,will the normal person notice it probably not but it will be there and as far as lasting aluminum will never outlast steel on most applications same as titanium yes it is strong and light but the stress point and twisting properties are not there either thats my 2 cents
Serpent S11T Losi ten scte Houston Tuned Team Toronero 2084 ss, plus 4 team 9901 ss pipe Hitech servos Proline tires SPONSORS T@T MOTOR SPORTS AND SKIDOO racing TEAM TERRIBLES,And finally my wallet.In Memory of my Boy Brian!
teamlosi906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #43
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to lewis666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
And you know this how ?
well it is only going to be a small difference in height between the answer and the stock axles meaning a very small difference in times on the race track.

but if you race at national level and you want to get every millisecond then fair enough but i race at club level so im not fussed about that fraction of second because the track i race is so bumpy it is very hard to be consistent because it is that bumpy
lewis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:09 PM   #44
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenix View Post
I don't think you had a bad set. Are you running the shock boot all the way down to area where the cup sits? I use qualtex 260 balloons instead of the stock Losi boots all the way to the mounting hole of the shock and the alum retainers work really well with the extra rubber involved. I will try to figure out if a change is needed but I think the shock boot might be the variable here.
Thanks for the response! I use stock losi shock boots and run them down below where the retainer seats. They were brand new boots and brand new shock ends. The Answer retainers just seemed to fit very loosely. I could "wiggle" them around on the shock end more than I would have liked. They also didn't seem to "lock" on like the stock plastic units do. I still have a set somewhere. Maybe I will give them a shot. Like I said I haven't tried them, so they may work out just fine how they are. I got them when I was rebuilding for a big race and decided not to take the chance with them at that race. The quality and finish was excellent, but the fit left me a little worried. I like the idea of the taller spring seat. I'll see if I can find the set and I will give them a shot.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote