R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-13-2010, 08:35 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default needle settings for sirio 21

i have got a sirio 21 kanai edition it has a black sirio carb and its the type of carb that has the high end low end idle and i think it would be the jet needle settings the jet is the screw oppisite side of the low end. i have been messing with it and its been hard to get it close to running decent would anyone know the factory setting or some good to start. any tips would be extremly help ful thanks'

UrDone Rc
urdonerc986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Is it a evo 3 or 4 because the 3 has a three needle carb and the 4 has a two needle carb.I have the evo 4 sti setting I have to look in my storage tomorow. I wrote the setting on the sirio box.
v6shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6shooter View Post
Is it a evo 3 or 4 because the 3 has a three needle carb and the 4 has a two needle carb.I have the evo 4 sti setting I have to look in my storage tomorow. I wrote the setting on the sirio box.
all it says is sirio 21 kanai edition 1 and it has a 3 needle carb
Old 03-15-2010, 02:55 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If I remember right, that carb has the shorter high needle stack with a slight rim around the top??? Set you idle gap first so your slide just has a tiny gap when carb is fully closed approx .6mm then start flush on high needle and 1/2 turn out from flush on the low needle. Then warm it up and if you have to keep your finfer on the throittle a bit to keep it idling at hius point just do that. Make some high speed runs and tune the high needle first. Make small 1 hour at a time adjustments, sirio carbs are not like an os where you can make 2-3 hour adjustments, so go 1 hour at a time. when you get it crisp and tuned then pull it in and if it idles to high richen the low speed, if it is too rich and dies then lean out the low speed to where you get a steady idle. The high speed is set, then the low speed should be close. Then fine tune the low to give a good idle and quick acceleration once you set your idle gap correctly you should not have to set it again. The low speed needle will also effectthe idle. so any adjustments should be small ones on the high needle and low needle. Hope this helps
heidmann1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:45 AM   #5
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidmann1 View Post
If I remember right, that carb has the shorter high needle stack with a slight rim around the top??? Set you idle gap first so your slide just has a tiny gap when carb is fully closed approx .6mm then start flush on high needle and 1/2 turn out from flush on the low needle. Then warm it up and if you have to keep your finfer on the throittle a bit to keep it idling at hius point just do that. Make some high speed runs and tune the high needle first. Make small 1 hour at a time adjustments, sirio carbs are not like an os where you can make 2-3 hour adjustments, so go 1 hour at a time. when you get it crisp and tuned then pull it in and if it idles to high richen the low speed, if it is too rich and dies then lean out the low speed to where you get a steady idle. The high speed is set, then the low speed should be close. Then fine tune the low to give a good idle and quick acceleration once you set your idle gap correctly you should not have to set it again. The low speed needle will also effectthe idle. so any adjustments should be small ones on the high needle and low needle. Hope this helps
the high needle stack looks about the length off the other carbs it doesnt look shorter. but i will diffently try that which hopefully i`ll have some time after work today. but what about the mid range needle / jet cuz i had to take the carb completly apart to clean it cuz the slide was sticking and not springing back so since i done that i dont know where to start with the jet either and how would you tune that? i got this engine off ebay and it actually came with a whole nother engine that is completly the same but it had a different carb it was all grey and dont have nething on it. but the one that was on the engine i`m running now says sirio on the carb and its all black so i take it to be the carb that came factory. sorry for all the trouble i`m just trying to find a good starting point and what you said above should be great just wondering if you have any suggestions on the mid range/jet? but thanks for the help i appriciate it
Old 03-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The mid needle should be about 1/2 turn in from flush.
heidmann1 is offline   Reply With Quote