R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-14-2010, 12:35 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrew View Post
already purchased bearings, the point is, HB sent kits out KNOWING bearings where missing. They need to advertise that "parts may be missing." But hey, if u won't a complete kit buy Losi, Xray, Ofna, etc..
No way would i send product to public knowing parts are missing. I am sure they assumed buyer will go to local hobby shop and buy a set. By the way, cost are $14.00 at Dads hobby shop.
Curious to what will be missing in new buggy coming out this year.
LMAO if you are paying $14.00 for steering bearings you need to hit yourself in the face. JK But seriously just go buy some Avids or others for $1 which would be equal or better then the stock bearings.

Where did you hear there would be a new buggy this year?
shanty140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:52 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default AVID

Avid bearings are great. You can order most any bearing for a buck. That's 4 bucks for steering berings.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:10 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanty140 View Post
Where did you hear there would be a new buggy this year?
Heard it on neo. Sounds like its gonna be good!
rcdude236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:01 AM   #19
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPowers View Post
i got a losi and it was missing some screws and it was build at the factory so it happens from any manufacturer.
would LOSI send out numerous kits knowing the bearings where missing? HB support knew what part was missing before i told him. He stated that kits were sold with missing bearings. they knew! i can see an error in packaging, but deliberately ship knowing parts are missing, come on.
new buggy do out July/august.
sandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:17 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrew View Post
would LOSI send out numerous kits knowing the bearings where missing? HB support knew what part was missing before i told him. He stated that kits were sold with missing bearings. they knew! i can see an error in packaging, but deliberately ship knowing parts are missing, come on.
new buggy do out July/august.
I highly doubt that they knew the kits were missing parts when they shipped them. More likely they had a bad batch of kits that went out to some of the online hobby stores with some missing parts and it's just easier to send the parts out to the people that buy them then to try and pull all the kits back. While it's very much a PITA when a part is missing from a new kit, HB has been very good about sending out the parts. I commend them for owning up to the mistake and making good with their customers.

FYI, I got a kit from Towerhobbies about 3 months ago and it had everything in it. So not every kit is missing some parts.

One thing I did question about the kit was why did HB use shielded bearings on the front of the buggy. Those things only lasted me about 5 or 6 tanks and they felt gritty.
rawolfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:50 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

does anyone know how to find the D8 buggy thread or is there even one?
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:16 PM   #22
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawolfee View Post
I highly doubt that they knew the kits were missing parts when they shipped them. More likely they had a bad batch of kits that went out to some of the online hobby stores with some missing parts and it's just easier to send the parts out to the people that buy them then to try and pull all the kits back. While it's very much a PITA when a part is missing from a new kit, HB has been very good about sending out the parts. I commend them for owning up to the mistake and making good with their customers.

FYI, I got a kit from Towerhobbies about 3 months ago and it had everything in it. So not every kit is missing some parts.

One thing I did question about the kit was why did HB use shielded bearings on the front of the buggy. Those things only lasted me about 5 or 6 tanks and they felt gritty.
customer support confirmed on the phone that kits were shipped without bearings, no doubt they knew. They knew but shipped anyways. they can't send out the parts because they don't have them. i was told they are on back order an NO idea when they will be in. This was not one kit but two. more if u read this thread.
Why didn't they post on their web site that parts may be missing but we will replace, immediately, and purchase a box of bearings from boca, or maybe a box was not enough. instead of hiding the problem. why not notify retailers?
sandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:29 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
does anyone know how to find the D8 buggy thread or is there even one?
Here is it:

New Hot Bodies Buggy!!???????

Its usually on the first page most days, it is titled "New Hot Bodies Buggy!!??????? "
Old 03-14-2010, 09:31 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkge View Post
Here is it:

New Hot Bodies Buggy!!???????

Its usually on the first page most days, it is titled "New Hot Bodies Buggy!!??????? "
yeah as soon as i posted that and clicked back to the first page it was the first one. but thanks.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:50 PM   #25
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to CaribbeanPirate Send a message via MSN to CaribbeanPirate

Hope they get longer shocks as a standard...
Attached Thumbnails
HB D8 kit missing parts-neobuggys-gossip-corner.png  
CaribbeanPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:07 AM   #26
Tech Apprentice

oh lord just got my kit missing the 4 HBC8088 bearings needed for the steering linkage assembly. meh
purpletaint is offline   Reply With Quote