R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-11-2011, 07:54 AM   #91
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

I am simply referring to the FULL body wraps like the guy posted above, not wraps like the others in the USA.....I love me some wraps!
Trevor Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:57 AM   #92
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Williams View Post
Im not a fan of the full body wraps..........they look funky IMO.

lol full wrap vs what tho ?

What do you Consider fastlane....Non full body ?
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:00 AM   #93
Tech Champion

yes, as it's laid out in a more sectional fashion as opposed to giant pieces just to avoid seams....to each his own Nick...we all like to look good out there
Old 02-11-2011, 08:00 AM   #94
Tech Elite

Fastlane is dope.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:03 AM   #95
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Williams View Post
yes, as it's laid out in a more sectional fashion as opposed to giant pieces just to avoid seams....to each his own Nick...we all like to look good out there
Who sells the full wraps? I've only seen the sectional ones like upgrade/fastlane.

Mad props to those pro airbrushers out there, I love wraps but there's just something different about a brushed body. I hate painting bodies, I suck at it and its not worth the time invested imo so I buy wraps and stare at brushed bodies with envy lol.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #96
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRC4Me View Post
Who sells the full wraps? I've only seen the sectional ones like upgrade/fastlane.

Mad props to those pro airbrushers out there, I love wraps but there's just something different about a brushed body. I hate painting bodies, I suck at it and its not worth the time invested imo so I buy wraps and stare at brushed bodies with envy lol.
You will never get a solid piece on a body or not good.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #97
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I dont think there is anything wrong with wraps if that is what you want but I dont like it when people sell themselves short. If you put your mind to it and apply yourself, with some patients almost anything can be accomplished. Now I'm not saying anyone can airbrush a masterpiece, there are some that are gifted with amazing talents, but unless you have some sort of disability there is no reason you cant do well. Someone said they are just lazy, well I dont know what to tell you, but you have to maintain and prepare your r/c to drive it so there is know reason you cant do a little more work to paint. Its worth it to me.
dragracechief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:31 AM   #98
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracechief View Post
I dont think there is anything wrong with wraps if that is what you want but I dont like it when people sell themselves short. If you put your mind to it and apply yourself, with some patients almost anything can be accomplished. Now I'm not saying anyone can airbrush a masterpiece, there are some that are gifted with amazing talents, but unless you have some sort of disability there is no reason you cant do well. Someone said they are just lazy, well I dont know what to tell you, but you have to maintain and prepare your r/c to drive it so there is know reason you cant do a little more work to paint. Its worth it to me.
I'm in this sport to race, not to doodle on lexan that has crazy un-realistic curvatures for hours on end for an end result for something that's gonna get dirt and rocks slung on it and cracked/scratched/broken faster than it took me to make it.

Preping a car is different, there is a direct correlation between time/effort spent preping and success on the track, the same cannot be said for painting bodies. Waste of time/money imo. Plus its fun to spank $100 bodies with my monochromed rattle can job that doesn't even have the windows taped off lol.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #99
Tech Elite

Quote:
I'm in this sport to race, not to doodle on lexan that has crazy un-realistic curvatures for hours on end for an end result for something that's gonna get dirt and rocks slung on it and cracked/scratched/broken faster than it took me to make it.

Preping a car is different, there is a direct correlation between time/effort spent preping and success on the track, the same cannot be said for painting bodies. Waste of time/money imo. Plus its fun to spank $100 bodies with my monochromed rattle can job that doesn't even have the windows taped off lol.
wow
Old 02-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #100
Tech Addict

Quote:

I paint all my r/c's with a rattle can. My point was you can do it yourself, doesn't have to be a show piece. I like my stuff to look nice and I think it does and I did it myself and thats all that maters to me. I dont spend hours on end either just simple designs. If you want a wrap or a high end airbrush job, nothing wrong with that either, just saying anyone can do what you put your mind to.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:02 PM   #101
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracechief View Post
I paint all my r/c's with a rattle can. My point was you can do it yourself, doesn't have to be a show piece. I like my stuff to look nice and I think it does and I did it myself and thats all that maters to me. I dont spend hours on end either just simple designs. If you want a wrap or a high end airbrush job, nothing wrong with that either, just saying anyone can do what you put your mind to.
I agree 100% w/ what you said. I shouldn't have quoted your post, I was just speaking generically, not directed at you. And I was only stating my opinion. A few posts up I commented about being jealous of nice airbruhed jobs, and wraps look good too. That's what makes this sport fun, seeing all the different bodies. I don't think I've ever seen two similar bodies at a race. I just don't have the time/effort/or patience to get paint jobs to come out looking presentable. Id rather turn a wrench. Just my $.02.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:23 PM   #102
Tech Champion

the one thing I have noticed about wraps is they last and last and last. Paint will crack and chip with time. I regularly clean my lids, after every run it's spotless again....I do the same with my 1/10 car but it is in fact paint.....lol
Old 02-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #103
Tech Addict

Quote:
I agree 100% w/ what you said. I shouldn't have quoted your post, I was just speaking generically, not directed at you. And I was only stating my opinion. A few posts up I commented about being jealous of nice airbruhed jobs, and wraps look good too. That's what makes this sport fun, seeing all the different bodies. I don't think I've ever seen two similar bodies at a race. I just don't have the time/effort/or patience to get paint jobs to come out looking presentable. Id rather turn a wrench. Just my $.02.
No worries, just have fun with it.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:15 PM   #104
Tech Master

anyone try stickit1 wraps yet?

http://stickit1racing.com/
Old 02-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #105
Tech Apprentice

I got a wrap from upgrade and so far it has been good to me, selection and being able to design it with there website gave me more options than I could ever want.This was my 1st wrap,The one thing i found out was ya really have to take yout time.And they are durable.