Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME!!!!!!!!!!! >

IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We have a track here just like that.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default JBRL ??

Originally Posted by fatdaddy
not just the track, but the whole facility is pretty crappy imo. the drivers stand has no cover for the drivers or the announcer. some of the boards in pit lane split and leave a large gap. ive heard that if you drop anything down there the owner refuses to pull up the board so you can retrieve your stuff. only once a year will he do it, and you have to be there to get your crap back if you want it. theres not nearly enough parking spots. so get there early, or park way down the street, or just park whereever you want like they did at JBRL last year. thankfully nobody had an emergency and had to leave quickly cause that would have been a clusterf**k if they did.

The only reason rev does as well as it does is because its centrally located in socal. but its really a shame because Thunder Alley is 100 times better of a facility than Rev. but nobody wants to drive the extra 30 minutes to get to it.

ive only been to Rev once for JBRL last year, and i wont ever be going back till JBRL this year

/rant
Ok I some what agree but this issues are the track and the maintenance ,Thundr Alley also has the city throwing a couple bucks in there for maitenance and the drives stand ,,JBRL should be ran on two days beacause he gets a pretty good turn out
Old 03-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Rev used to have awesome layouts. Jimmy Pierce used to design and build the tracks there and they were supercross style with lots of big air. At that time, weekday practice would be 50-60 people and club races had over 100 entries. The basher crowd complained about breaking parts, so the track was toned down to the point of being boring. Attendance has suffered greatly because of this. Its a shame, I wish Dana would listen to the racers. He should at least give it a try, it has no where to go but up. I know a lot of people stopped going there because of the poor track designs.

PLEASE FIX OUR TRACK!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by average "joe"
Ok I some what agree but this issues are the track and the maintenance ,Thunder Alley also has the city throwing a couple bucks in there for maitenance and the drives stand ,,JBRL should be ran on two days beacause he gets a pretty good turn out
first and last round of JBRL will be 2-day events this year.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickboy
Rev used to have awesome layouts. Jimmy Pierce used to design and build the tracks there and they were supercross style with lots of big air. At that time, weekday practice would be 50-60 people and club races had over 100 entries. The basher crowd complained about breaking parts, so the track was toned down to the point of being boring. Attendance has suffered greatly because of this. Its a shame, I wish Dana would listen to the racers. He should at least give it a try, it has no where to go but up. I know a lot of people stopped going there because of the poor track designs.

Yeah, things have changed for Rev, thats for sure. I used to go out there twice a month, when they had those crowds. Weekday practice was crazy, and tons of competition on the weekends. Its by no means my local track, since its about 50 minutes away, but it was still fun to go check out once in a while.
The layouts calmed down, the track was always dry, and mainly the turn outs crashed, so now I dont go but maybe if there is a new layout, and a big race.

There are simply so many choices here in SoCal, that you really have to keep your track in shape, and interesting, or you lose your crowd. Oh yeah, and dont over charge.

It is REALLY a shame that Thunder Alley does not get the crowds. You can't ask for much better. I am in full support of the Grass Roots Series, just for this reason. Great Layouts, and great prices that everyone can afford. Hopefully the series will bring people to both T/A and HCR. Rev is in a place that most tracks have found themselves in. We will see what they can do to bring it back. You have to listen to your racers. They know what they want.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

+1000 0n T/A. That track is always good and challenging. I never miss an event there, except last w/e. I though it would be rained out
Old 03-11-2010, 05:25 PM
wfo
Tech Regular

Location: SO. CAL. Thunder alley, revelation raceway The Dirt -Perris RIP OCRC
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geejay
Isnt this the track were all the BIG time million dollar pro practice?
The word from the track owner " Drake and co. test there and they dont want big jumps and car braking hits"
Old 03-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickboy

I agree I miss those days Jerry and I had a discussion about this just yesterday. DANA on the new layout how about some big air!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

rev is like t/a in some ways awesome when the owners want it to be but can be very bad also t/a is the best place when the track is being tooken care of but it gets let go sometimes also although i have yet to go to a bad layout there rev. needs to get back to semi supercross style and keep the track up i know ARC gets alot of attention just because the owner keeps the track as good as possible all the time big race or no big race the track is always wet and smooth
Old 03-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

To me, it's not even the jumps. If you look at other race tracks that attract alot of racers, the tracks don't even have too many big jumps. I think there needs to be more technical sections around the track. It's wide open and all but it's not very fun to drive on it for some reason.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:59 PM
wfo
Tech Regular

Location: SO. CAL. Thunder alley, revelation raceway The Dirt -Perris RIP OCRC
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The thing with REV's is the potential the place has...100x200 ft area of pure dirt and the layouts are bland the track changes consist of running the track in the opposite direction from the previous way or just changing the "left" side. The big jumps are not the issue.. Its just taking the time to build a fun,technical , mx style track the works for everyone....Why not try it? its dirt, you can always change it!!! In this economy people are looking for more bang for there buck....
Old 03-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

hopefully the layout will be new this year for the jbrl first event and then new again for the second jbrl event there if it isnt new. will leave me eith bad taste in mouth last year it was an old lay out when jbrl came through that sucked hopefully will be better this year on different note is thier a different hobby shop at site now that the old one is gone havnt been up there since jbrl event
Old 03-12-2010, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

yea I heard a new layout is going in...Im hoping it's a complete track with nice sized jumps,and more technical areas
Old 03-12-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Default GOOD STuuuf!!

Ive been reading all your comments and it all seems good I really hope Rev takes notice of what is being said ,,keeping it positive in our conversations is good we all know it needs to improve a good mix of MX and Technical I think would do the trick and water it I think the sprinkle doesnt make it . I dont mind ruts its offroad but as long as we can plan for the next corner is all Im asking for,,, if someone knows Dana's Email send him the link and maybe he will know that people care and want to see him prosper.so tell a friend about this post and lets see if we can make a difference and put all these great ideas and memories into action. THANKS
Old 03-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Rookie

I think the maintenance is the biggest problem. There is always different opinions on what the tracl layout should be , but whatever the layout.....TAKE CARE OF THE FACILITY... is the main thing IMO... Like the post above said the board in pit lane, good point. I lost a $30 screwdriver in there myself!!lol....I mean spend a couple hours and 20 bucks at home depot and replace the few broken boards, If there are kickers on the jumps that make your car do flips and pot holes to where when you are driving on a straight your car literally jumps off the track,,,, spend some time and fix it..... I mean come on???? I know at other tracks the maintain daily and even run a compactor around the track in between races. Thats how it should be. Especially when you pay good money to race/practice there is no explanation for the facility not being kept up. I hear people all the time say thats why they stopped going to REV..... I defended that track for a long time but Im almost thinking Im going to start going to Thunder alley or Funtime instead. Even though they are further away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.