R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-12-2010, 09:04 AM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo View Post
The word from the track owner " Drake and co. test there and they dont want big jumps and car braking hits"
Question: I wonder if the big dogs use in for R&D ect... Why is it so crappy (only going off post, never been there myself)?
geejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:08 AM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geejay View Post
Question: I wonder if the big dogs use in for R&D ect... Why is it so crappy (only going off post, never been there myself)?
Its not crappy at all and its a great track, its just that it has the potential to be a really really great track. Rev is one of my favorite places to run ya sure it could be better and alot of people have made outstanding posts as to how it could be improved, however besides a few people, we as racers have no idea how to actually run a track. Its always easy to look into a business and say "man I could do a better job" or "man that guy has no idea what he is doing." I will be there this Saturday and bring it to the attention of Dana that alot of people are not happy with his track. Im sure I wont be the 1st
Old 03-12-2010, 08:26 PM   #33
wfo
Tech Adept

I like going to REV's because its the closest track for me to race/practice. Dana is a really nice guy , always treats you well. but as we get older i think we slowly loose the enthusiasm as time goes on. Businesses have to cater to everyone . He gets a pretty good turnout on Sundays mostly bashers/beginners and a "joey" track would make those people stay away.. and with so many races going on, and more tracks in so cal the love is spreading to all the tracks equally.. you have to go the extra mile on track maintenance. I have never ran a track but ,if i did that tractor would be my best friend.
wfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:37 PM   #34
Tech Rookie

Default Joey Or Not

Quote:
I like going to REV's because its the closest track for me to race/practice. Dana is a really nice guy , always treats you well. but as we get older i think we slowly loose the enthusiasm as time goes on. Businesses have to cater to everyone . He gets a pretty good turnout on Sundays mostly bashers/beginners and a "joey" track would make those people stay away.. and with so many races going on, and more tracks in so cal the love is spreading to all the tracks equally.. you have to go the extra mile on track maintenance. I have never ran a track but ,if i did that tractor would be my best friend.
Im not saying go crazy on the track just make it fun and make it groomed and water the darn thing thats all ,we use to go to Rev and we had to get there 4 hours abead just to get a spot,,its not the depression its not too crasy of a track ,,,The problem IS Not taking care of the facility and and changing the track that doesnt cost a thing people will show up to work on the track,,it doesnt have to be a Dirt track thats just an Example anyone can build a track common lets get this thread on the right track how do we change Rev someone know Dana tell him to check this out,we all like the guy ,,the layoout for Babcock hopefully will be fun dont get crazy with it,just make it BBBBAAAADDD AAASS and keep it watered for longer in between heats common guys lets get it right.....
Old 03-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #35
wfo
Tech Adept

Looks like a track change is in order for this Monday.....its on the REV's site.....
Old 03-14-2010, 04:36 PM   #36
Tech Master

Yup Yup. I'm excited to see what the layout will be.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:36 PM   #37
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Raced out there saturday night, Track was well groomed and very nice!!! Great turn out too!!
heidmann1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #38
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidmann1 View Post
Raced out there saturday night, Track was well groomed and very nice!!! Great turn out too!!
The time I should have club raced lol I thought everyone would've been at Silver State.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:53 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The new track is going to be pretty nice, monday he will rough it in so he can open tuesday, then wed he is getting dirt delivered. The new layout will be pretty nice!
croracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:50 PM   #40
wfo
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by croracer View Post
The new track is going to be pretty nice, monday he will rough it in so he can open tuesday, then wed he is getting dirt delivered. The new layout will be pretty nice!
This thread may have helped , If more dirt is being trucked in thats a good sign....
Old 03-14-2010, 10:18 PM   #41
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up I really like REV

Quote:
This thread may have helped , If more dirt is being trucked in thats a good sign....
I really like Revelation and the people who go there ,,I cant wait for the new track should be sweet , more dirt yah!!!!!We need RC LIVE there we watched Silver State today off the HOOK how hard is it to get them at REV..
Kaulin ,,,Stay Fast
Old 03-15-2010, 02:58 PM   #42
wfo
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaulin";7137136][FONT="Palatino Linotype
I really like Revelation and the people who go there ,,I cant wait for the new track should be sweet , more dirt yah!!!!!We need RC LIVE there we watched Silver State today off the HOOK how hard is it to get them at REV..
Kaulin ,,,Stay Fast
[/FONT]
HEY Kaulin isn't 10:00 past your bed time ?
Old 03-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaulin";7137136][FONT="Palatino Linotype
Kaulin ,,,Stay Fast
[/FONT]

YA way past his bed time!!!!!

I raced on Sat and the track was in good shape I spoke with Dana and he is well aware of the fact that people are not happy, but no matter what he does people will always complain. I for one always have fun and always enjoy the new layouts, Dana IMO does a great job of changing things up. He has always changed things at the track at least 6 times a year which is pretty darn good. Thanks Dana for having a great place for all of us to race at.

Kevin Thatcher
Old 03-18-2010, 11:20 PM   #44
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Its been built! Bring motor.....
The new layout is great.
818Designs.net - TKO
sickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:06 AM   #45
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy View Post
Its been built! Bring motor.....
The new layout is great.
big air in the center...diggin the new layout...bring your motors cause if you got a whimpy one you aren't gonna clear the big jump
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote