R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #1
Tech Addict
 
mustangfan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: springfield missouri
Posts: 720
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Questions?? Losi 8t vs. 8t 2.0

ok guys i am wanting to get into nitro truggy. the 8t2.0 i know is the latest and greatest but the price is up there you can get the 8t fairly reasonable. is there that much difference between the two that i should wait and get the 2.0 or is the 8t a competitive truggy? i know setups driver etc all in factor but put both truck in perfect setup same pro driver (i am not) etc whats my best bet? thanks
mustangfan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:16 PM   #2
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

yea i would say the 8t 1.0 is competive, at a club level racing and heck you can always slowly upgrade, to the 2.0 parts. thats what im doing


but if you dont have a truggy already, then get the 2.0t it is a lot diffrent.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:29 AM   #3
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

The 2.0 drives so much smoother and easier that it's almost like they are 2 completly different vehicles from diff mfg's. The 1.0 is still a great truck and I race with a guy what wheeled one all year and he was always in the top 5. The 2.0 is just so much easierto be consistent with if you can swing it go for the 2.0 it's worth the extra cash. If you find one at a killer deal losi has a 150 rebate that would make it around 450 that's pretty cheap for a brand new Losi.
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:28 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 60
Default

Your best bet is to get a used 8t 2.0 because bout time u upgrade the 1.0 you will be spending more money or do what I did is get the hotbodies d8t for $299 trust me you won't go wrong ain't no reason to break the bank on your first truggy
Jay317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:34 AM   #5
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangfan2000 View Post
ok guys i am wanting to get into nitro truggy. the 8t2.0 i know is the latest and greatest but the price is up there you can get the 8t fairly reasonable. is there that much difference between the two that i should wait and get the 2.0 or is the 8t a competitive truggy? i know setups driver etc all in factor but put both truck in perfect setup same pro driver (i am not) etc whats my best bet? thanks


http://www.losi.com/Promos/


$150 rebate.........find a place that sell it for 5 something and you will get a hell of a deal.
geejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:41 AM   #6
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay317 View Post
Your best bet is to get a used 8t 2.0 because bout time u upgrade the 1.0 you will be spending more money or do what I did is get the hotbodies d8t for $299 trust me you won't go wrong ain't no reason to break the bank on your first truggy
Steer clear of the hot bodies. JK. Man I don't like those dam hot bodies.
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:44 AM   #7
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Carolinasrc has them for 589.99 when you add it to the cart the price drops. That's 439.99 after rebate

http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scripts/default.asp
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:04 AM   #8
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,210
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

When I tried the original 8T for a couple laps, I decided just to stick with buggy. When I SAW the 8T 2.0 in action, I had to have one.
__________________
Team HRC Raceway - http://www.hrcraceway.ca/
Semple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:53 AM   #9
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semple View Post
When I tried the original 8T for a couple laps, I decided just to stick with buggy. When I SAW the 8T 2.0 in action, I had to have one.


how did the 8t 1.0 handle and, jump and steer with the right setup? im just replaceing the warn out parts, on the 1.0 with the 2.0 parts. im using the mike thute setup
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:07 AM   #10
Tech Master
 
neobart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,413
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

The 2.0 feels more stable, better in the rough and the rear is more planted. The 1.0 always felt a bit twitchy to me, not so with the 2.0.

One thing though with the 2.0, the shim-able rear diff will last longer, but only if you check the mesh often. If you set it and forget, it will wear faster than the 1.0 rear diffs.
__________________
Clockwork Racing Engines
neobart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:11 AM   #11
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neobart View Post
The 2.0 feels more stable, better in the rough and the rear is more planted. The 1.0 always felt a bit twitchy to me, not so with the 2.0.

One thing though with the 2.0, the shim-able rear diff will last longer, but only if you check the mesh often. If you set it and forget, it will wear faster than the 1.0 rear diffs.


my eight 1.0 buggy felt twitchy when i, ran the stock setup but it wasnt so bad after i used the mike thrute setup . so i think i do good with the 1.0 t
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:41 AM   #12
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,210
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
how did the 8t 1.0 handle and, jump and steer with the right setup? im just replaceing the warn out parts, on the 1.0 with the 2.0 parts. im using the mike thute setup
The 1.0 felt more like a twitchy monster truck. The 2.0 feels like a planted, slightly larger buggy.
__________________
Team HRC Raceway - http://www.hrcraceway.ca/
Semple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:49 AM   #13
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semple View Post
The 1.0 felt more like a twitchy monster truck. The 2.0 feels like a planted, slightly larger buggy.


even with a good setup on the 1.0 t? im used to the twichyness i drove a 1.0 buggy so i think il be fine. how does it jump and steer? and also got some 2+ wheelbase hubs so maybe that will help a bit.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:54 AM   #14
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

You want the 2.0 in all seriousness. Its just better than the 1.0. Way better. Now with the rebate of 150. Now is the time. I would not waste my time with the 1.0 . Money is a problem I would go with the HB....
geejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:03 AM   #15
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,210
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geejay View Post
You want the 2.0 in all seriousness. Its just better than the 1.0. Way better. Now with the rebate of 150. Now is the time. I would not waste my time with the 1.0 . Money is a problem I would go with the HB....
This is basically what I was hinting at. With that rebate, there's no reason to get a 1.0. It's old tech. The D8T does look pretty sweet, too.
__________________
Team HRC Raceway - http://www.hrcraceway.ca/
Semple is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
8IGHT 2.0! BAUSTIN Nitro Off-Road 14679 09-12-2015 07:58 AM
8T 2.0 polarismaster Nitro Off-Road 15880 02-02-2015 10:31 AM
losi 2.0 vs. mp9 patrick lsp Nitro Off-Road 53 04-11-2009 03:42 AM
Lost 8ight/8T vs Mugen MBX5R/MBX5T brent98rt Electric Off-Road 32 05-20-2007 08:59 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:58 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net