R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
Tech Champion
 
losi_racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Go .28, Need Go expert

Ok,back ground,
i got this engine almost 2 years ago. It has maybe two gallons on it but they are hard gallons, i got the motor when it had 1/2 a gallon on it, i knew the guy personally so i know thats not a f'ed up number. I tried learning to tune with this thing, this engine also has many run aways due to radio issues. The last time it ran it caught fire due to a runaway and they slammed it to the ground which broke the clutchbell and sparked and it went up in flames and its been sitting since.


Well tonight i seen it so i tore it apart, inside looks pretty good, bearings are ok, not great but not bad. Im not looking to put money into this, i wont be racing this but it would be cool to have an engine to f around with.


My question is this, what is the recommended shimming for this engine, as well as glow plug and pipe? there is only one copper shim in it right now, idk the measurement, the glow plug is a standard is p8. Thanks for the help
__________________

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
Mr. Twister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hendersonville Tn
Posts: 1,271
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
Ok,back ground,
i got this engine almost 2 years ago. It has maybe two gallons on it but they are hard gallons, i got the motor when it had 1/2 a gallon on it, i knew the guy personally so i know thats not a f'ed up number. I tried learning to tune with this thing, this engine also has many run aways due to radio issues. The last time it ran it caught fire due to a runaway and they slammed it to the ground which broke the clutchbell and sparked and it went up in flames and its been sitting since.


Well tonight i seen it so i tore it apart, inside looks pretty good, bearings are ok, not great but not bad. Im not looking to put money into this, i wont be racing this but it would be cool to have an engine to f around with.


My question is this, what is the recommended shimming for this engine, as well as glow plug and pipe? there is only one copper shim in it right now, idk the measurement, the glow plug is a standard is p8. Thanks for the help
I ran the GO 28 with 22 thou clearence, with P6 or 97T plug, also try an os or Nova carb, and it's a new motor as for tuning. I have a brand new 28 block and bearings if you want it, with head and carb, pay for shipping and it's your's, just lmk bud. Thanks, oh and for pipes, JP2, nova 2052 or 9886, 086
__________________
Brian Carey
615-838-5373
Tennessee Oval Performance
Check us out on Facebook
Mr. Twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
Tech Champion
 
losi_racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Twister View Post
I ran the GO 28 with 22 thou clearence, with P6 or 97T plug, also try an os or Nova carb, and it's a new motor as for tuning. I have a brand new 28 block and bearings if you want it, with head and carb, pay for shipping and it's your's, just lmk bud. Thanks, oh and for pipes, JP2, nova 2052 or 9886, 086
ill do that, btw do you have shims(.22 i guess) you can sell me?, paypal me the cost for shipping and if you have the shims as well, thanks. my paypal is Eazyrider@cox.net.


as far as plugs i can do those, no biggie. i have a jp 2 pipe but not a big fan of those, i have a dyn and ofna 053, and a ae 2035, how do you think those will work.
__________________

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
Tech Master
 
Mr. Twister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hendersonville Tn
Posts: 1,271
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
ill do that, btw do you have shims(.22 i guess) you can sell me?, paypal me the cost for shipping and if you have the shims as well, thanks. my paypal is Eazyrider@cox.net.


as far as plugs i can do those, no biggie. i have a jp 2 pipe but not a big fan of those, i have a dyn and ofna 053, and a ae 2035, how do you think those will work.
use the 2035, it should be good with that, anything more topend oriented will help drive the thing better lol, I have more than enough of the shims i will send. I may even have a turbo button or 2
__________________
Brian Carey
615-838-5373
Tennessee Oval Performance
Check us out on Facebook
Mr. Twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #5
Tech Champion
 
losi_racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Twister View Post
use the 2035, it should be good with that, anything more topend oriented will help drive the thing better lol, I have more than enough of the shims i will send. I may even have a turbo button or 2
thanks brian, ill try different pipes to find what i like. anything you send is appreciated. you have a pm as well
__________________

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #6
Tech Master
 
Mr. Twister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hendersonville Tn
Posts: 1,271
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
thanks brian, ill try different pipes to find what i like. anything you send is appreciated. you have a pm as well
got it, thanks bud
__________________
Brian Carey
615-838-5373
Tennessee Oval Performance
Check us out on Facebook
Mr. Twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric 1/8th Scale conversion kits. DJ1978 Electric Off-Road 19923 06-12-2017 05:16 AM
The Nitro Pit Dbackmasta Arizona-New Mexico Racing 18732 09-13-2012 08:27 AM
2007 / 08 1/8th MNL Buggy and Truggy National Series Race Danny Teh Malaysian R/C Racers 856 01-04-2009 07:04 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:14 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net