Battery Puffers >

Battery Puffers

Battery Puffers

Old 03-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Battery Puffers

Short rant here....
Im tired of people that make the switch to electric start in on how its suddenly the best thing since the internet. How tuning a nitro and maintenance is such a headache. Hey, if that's your cop out cause you suck at tuning or dont want to learn fine.

But when someone posts up they want to get into nitro, stop jumping in and saying you need to go electric. Im on a board now where they are complianing about running with nitro an that they dont have the run time's they do and want the mains shortend and run tripple mains to suit them.

"In an electric class you don't have all the headache of f***ing with a nitro motor all day, just to flame out twice during a main and then not finish. Thats makes it much easier to get into the class."

Then they talk about flame outs and how nitros dont finish and such then two posts down they talk about their battery dumping in the far left corner and they have to run an retrieve the car, what is that similar too? If you like to run electric or nitro then run it, thats what people do they run what they like. I dont need someone telling me the other is better.

Rant over that stuff frustrates me to no end.....
Old 03-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

+10000000 I totally agree. People switch from nitro to electric then get mad when there is not enough to run a seperate class then cant hang with the runtimes of nitro then they think their at a disadvantage. Im totally with ya on this one...
Old 03-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Agreed 100% as bad a reformed cig smokers, lol
Old 03-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRussian
Agreed 100% as bad a reformed cig smokers, lol
Damn man you stole the words right off of my keyboard.

We have the same over here. These freaking Lipo nazis are stinking up every nitro thread. Electric just doesn't float my boat, it's like watching a Michael Bay movie on mute.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default It's a little strange.

I used to race 1/10 scale electric 2wd buggy, and that's all anyone raced forever. I enjoyed racing electric, but really loved nitro 1/8th scale buggies. I would run them in fields and at baseball fields and so on, but sometimes I would take them to the track and they wouldn't let me run it at all. I understood, as most were inside, but it was frustrating that there was not many races at all. Fast foreward a few years and I noticedbigger races around 1999 in nitro and I was at college and so I waited patiently to have the chance, and these days it's so freakin great to race with so many other people who love nitro. I don't mind electric 1/8th scale buggies but it does complicate things on the club level. I went to a big race in Austin and there was 2 heats of electric buggies and 2 heats of truggies too. It was fun to watch the race, but I notice that the guys who race them absolutely sucked at nitro or either just like to buy things al the time. Trying to buy a win, or just can't stand not getting a new car all the time. It's like some guys, not all mind you, just like to buy new stuff, grow tired fast and complain. Not everyone who races electric is bad, it's just really good for the silly guys who try to buy a win. Can't do it. Not in racing. we have a great nitro class going now and I hate to see it diluted by money, battery wars and so on that plagued rc in the past. I say put the money into tires and extra parts, and go race what's going. For now. Someday there will be plenty of electric cars that's a fact, but for now lets see who wins at what we are racing. Nitro is not that tough to do.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not to bash the EP guys but this topic is being talked about in EVERY forum. And I see WAY more problems with EP ECS burning up than flame outs right now. I see alot of guys jump in to EP not understanding the brushless set ups, clutchs and brakes. They buy the biggest baddest fastest thing then look like an idiot on the track with the sh!t donkey flippin all over the place.....They get mad when they use up a set of tires in a 10 min main from all the tire spinning. EP is getting better and I hope it continues, because it opens a whole new door to the hobby. But right now, just shut up and run your EP and no your not going to finish a 45 min main.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gixxer2k4
Short rant here....
Im tired of people that make the switch to electric start in on how its suddenly the best thing since the internet. How tuning a nitro and maintenance is such a headache. Hey, if that's your cop out cause you suck at tuning or dont want to learn fine.

But when someone posts up they want to get into nitro, stop jumping in and saying you need to go electric. Im on a board now where they are complianing about running with nitro an that they dont have the run time's they do and want the mains shortend and run tripple mains to suit them.

"In an electric class you don't have all the headache of f***ing with a nitro motor all day, just to flame out twice during a main and then not finish. Thats makes it much easier to get into the class."

Then they talk about flame outs and how nitros dont finish and such then two posts down they talk about their battery dumping in the far left corner and they have to run an retrieve the car, what is that similar too? If you like to run electric or nitro then run it, thats what people do they run what they like. I dont need someone telling me the other is better.

Rant over that stuff frustrates me to no end.....
I'm a electric racer who got into nitro 1/8 buggys end of last season and i have had 1 flameout when the engine drop it's nuts.

My buddy has a e1/8th and he puffed 2 lipos and debonded like 4 tekin rotors and smoked one tekin speedo. He has kicked ass against the nitros cause it's easier to drive but the pitstop kills him cause it takes so long.

anyway when you smoke a lipo or a motor or a speedo in a e8 it's more frustrating and more expensive.

he is going nitro this year, the competition is there and the pedigree of running the nitro amain with the pitting is the experience.

He thought it would be a pita to run nitro but after seeing me just having fun after taking the time to set my buggy and engine up right.

TBH though we want both. but nitro is cooler to begin with. It is the class.

Maybe when the e8's get like at least 20 entrys it will be cool. Do they deserve triple a mains....... no not yet. give them 10min main till they get like 20 entrys up atleast.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

We had the first round of a newly started race series over here this weekend. We had two electric buggy drivers competing on the same terms as nitro drivers. One couldn't get the runtime to make it through the 45 min main, but the other finished 7th out of 12 with only one battery change.

He's not trying to preach or convert anyone, he just wanted to race and was happy to be given the opportunity.

Tripple mains is a remnant from when they could only get 5 minutes on a pack, when they can get 20 minutes as they can now that should be replaced by a longer single main IMO.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

[quote=neobart;7107973]He's not trying to preach or convert anyone, he just wanted to race and was happy to be given the opportunity.
quote]

It's not that i have a problem with electric's (cause i wouldnt mind eventually building one) its the people running one trying to convert everyone. Maybe they are trying to recruit lol to have more entries?

But as far as cost, i see them being the same. So that is not a valid reason to switch.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Prophet

like i said before on here i race both, electric and nitro and i have to say i like nitro 1/8 buggy and, truggy so much better. a couple of my raceing buds converted to electric and, we just like to joke around, about the nitro/electric thing .

but yea eventually there will be a, seperate class for the electric 1/8 buggy/truggy class. so the nitro can have longer mains!

its all in the drivers hands espially in electric.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

im running both classes nitro buggy and e buggy love them both. nitro is still my fav but the ebuggy is a lot of fun. i call it the set it and forget it race. Just set it on the track and forget about it just drive the thing.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default +++++1

Great rant well worth the read. LOL.... I don't think anything is wrong with the electrics either i wouldnt mind having one myself, I dont even mind racing against them Im not the best driver out there any how, but i dont think its cool to start changing the racing programs to suit the runtimes or battery shortcomings that go along with those great machines.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

I too have owned both nitro and electric(pre brushless) I would have to say since brushless there has been a boom in rc in general. Now, after saying that, I think SOME of the new brushless racers feel at a disadvantage when mixed into a nitro class race. But they have to remember, why should the nitro class have to change to accoomidate a newer class with less run times? Maybe the NEWER brushless racers that never ran nitro should understand that the nitro class has been doing things the same for a while and that the never ran nitro only brushless type should accept the idea that the nitro crowd is just doing what they have been doing for a long time? So why should the nitro crowd reform to shorter mains rather than the brushless never ran a nitro crowd have to be reformed for? If that makes sence.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

I hate short mains. I need a loong time to get in the groove, at least 15 minutes.

Short mains means it's all about the start, one little mistake, and you don't have time to catch up.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

I shouldnt have to suffer cause you jumped in a class without a huge following yet.

Again this is not a knock or debate on electric just the people that think they are holyier than thou attitude but then want to complain when they cant run the mains with a nitro.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.