Wiki Posts
Search

PNB SCHEDULE MIX UP

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default PNB SCHEDULE MIX UP

Was I the only one there that got confused by the main schedule posted late Sat at the stand and on the web. I heard that they cancelled the first race because none was there. I missed my main so after 4 days and $400+ I didnt even get to race. It was a cool track but way to many people. It was hard to get on the stand. So when people were finally able get on they would run 2-3 tanks keeping everyone waiting in line. Maybe next year they could do a time limit like 10min then empty the stand and let another 20 people on. I doubt I will be back next year.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

There was a little mix up I suppose in the main schedules, but then again I went to sleep @ 11:30 on Sat night so I didn't hear the announcement stating they were starting at 6AM. Other than that, they did state that they would start with the LOWEST mains first.....in this case it happened to be Sportsman Buggy that had an I Main. So naturally they went first, then the J Main...then they caught up with the other classes and mixed them all up to run the same letter mains together.

It was pretty efficient, I thought, but if I missed my main...I'd probably be pretty upset as well. We had a guy oversleep, and he was in the second main they ran on the day.

Overall, I thought the event was GREAT! I mean yes there were lines to get on the stand, but I never waited more than 10-15 minutes to get up there at any given point. I'd run my 2 tanks through, and get off the stand for the next guy. Some guys were running tank after tank through though.....and kind of hogging things, but overall I didn't think it was too too bad.

Keep in mind this was my first year there, so I have nothing to compare it to. We left after the Pro Truggy A Main last night and that was @ 6PM or so. Not sure when everything wrapped up.....but I thought it was a great time.

My only complaints were the dust everywhere, and the bathrooms getting completely rank after Day 1.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Yea they announced mains starting at 7am and when I got there at 6am they was starting my race and I didnt get to race my mains so I got pissed and drove home.I had radio issues all weeknd and was in the 2nd main race so its mostly my fault for not being prepaired.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I've had something like this happen to me at a big event I attended last year.
Two mains before mine, only 2 guys showed up, so they called that race n bumped em. Before all this, I made for the head, thinking I had plenty of time. By the time I got back, my race was just taking the tone. No announcement was made as far as I could hear. I did manage to run a few laps, but wasn't too pleased. Shizzle happens I guess.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Man it was awesome, 12 hrs sleep in 4 days and back at work today. Stayed till ended, Drake beat Lutz in buggy with Truhe 3rd and Lopez 4th I believe. Truhe and Lopez had a amazing race going on for the 3rd spot, but I believe they were both a lap down to the top 2. In truck Lutz checked out on the field with Drake a distant second. But the best of the event had to be Drake's rocket powered vehicle attempting the world record jump-till the power lines got in the way. Burton had a grp 28 on his ride and more than likely would have beat the record except he also had power line issues. Wait a couple days and look for footage on youtube for the evening run yesterday just before the buggy main, seeing that rocket in the evening light was just plain MAXIMUM AWESOMENESS.
I wasn't racing the first main sunday but I had to be there to marshall at 6am-which is 5 our time. Didn't leave the track till 3 the night before. Psycho Nitro Blast motto " who needs stinkin sleep"

Also godspeed to "Bubba" Leighton Dillard and his family. He will be missed by the entire southeast racing community

Also congrats to Dave Leikam on his new addition to the family-i believe it was wednesday night, and he was there for most of the event.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I hate to ask; but was nobody willing to move the jump ramp to avoid the power lines? Duh...

It did appear a controlled-practice layout needs to be in effect next year.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Addict

What's up Matt, it was a blast you should have made it. Actually after Burton hit the lines some guy asked Adam if he wanted it moved and he said "leave it I'm gonna hit them". The other thing is its pretty much one shot once the car falls 30 ft back to earth the geometry is so out of whack that it doesn't track straight or fly straight. There were many comments about the GRPIgood job on that one it sounded mean!!!!!

Pretty impressed with the Plus 4-trying to get Cooke to let me his in my truck once. Any idea when the Team adition 2010's will be available to the public. Also if you are not running the new rear tower-get it makes the rear rotate so much better on the truck.

Thanks Matt

Last edited by shady3031; 03-08-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MotoGod
There was a little mix up I suppose in the main schedules, but then again I went to sleep @ 11:30 on Sat night so I didn't hear the announcement stating they were starting at 6AM. Other than that, they did state that they would start with the LOWEST mains first.....in this case it happened to be Sportsman Buggy that had an I Main. So naturally they went first, then the J Main...then they caught up with the other classes and mixed them all up to run the same letter mains together.

It was pretty efficient, I thought, but if I missed my main...I'd probably be pretty upset as well. We had a guy oversleep, and he was in the second main they ran on the day.

Overall, I thought the event was GREAT! I mean yes there were lines to get on the stand, but I never waited more than 10-15 minutes to get up there at any given point. I'd run my 2 tanks through, and get off the stand for the next guy. Some guys were running tank after tank through though.....and kind of hogging things, but overall I didn't think it was too too bad.

Keep in mind this was my first year there, so I have nothing to compare it to. We left after the Pro Truggy A Main last night and that was @ 6PM or so. Not sure when everything wrapped up.....but I thought it was a great time.

My only complaints were the dust everywhere, and the bathrooms getting completely rank after Day 1.
Dude that sucks we didn't get to chill. I went over there man, and dude said you were sleeping in the tent or something, haha

I got about 8 hours sleep in the 4 days we were there, I lost my voice. I did ok in the mains. I finished second in the H main, and got to bump to the G. Was having a great run, running 4th, then I ran out of fuel and a kid that was turn marshalling every race just let it sit there for over a minute.

I don't use the bathroom at public places, so I never saw the bathroom situation, but I heard it was rough
Old 03-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

My buddy missed that first main too, they let him run several mains later. I think they could have tried a little harder on the restroom situation.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Bathrooms were a nightmare, PNB has out grown hendersons arena!!!
Dave and Ollie put on a great event.. 86 the wall and bring back the big jump!!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

- on the big jump that just tears up to much stuff the wall was a pain in the a$$ but it was a challenge to get over it. They can't get ride of the wall that's there trade mark just put some astro turf on it and it will be alot easier. JMO
Old 03-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Tech Addict

The wall seperates the men from the boys, this was my 2nd pnb (was there for 1st) and the wall and the straight jacket are the best. Liked the deja vu jumps also. Loved the track, but the schedule kills you, you have to be a little psycho just to attempt it.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

I think the event was solid from beg to end. It was well organized and properly ran.

My only complaints would be the watering situation, and the mandatory pit stops. I personally felt the track would have been better/faster ran dry. More dust Im sure, but that was going to be a problem either way more than likely. Either way the track had plenty of grip, so I cant be too upset.

The pit rule is fine with me as a rule (kind of cool even) but whats the point of establishing a rule if no one is going to enforce it. I watched 3 or 4 different heats where 1 or 2 of the cars simply didnt come in for their mandatory stop.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

mandatory stops r u kiding me?!?! whats the point of having a effeciant engine if you can not use it to ur advantage?..

Ryan
Old 03-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default ...

There were mandatory stops in the heats which were ten minutes. This made qualifying equal for everyone. The mains were free game. I think it was fair.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.