R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Sidewinder Fuel (Worlds 30%) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/377077-sidewinder-fuel-worlds-30%25.html)

hdcruzer 03-05-2010 08:23 PM

Sidewinder Fuel (Worlds 30%)

Any Pros and cons about this fuel...

s porter 03-05-2010 08:45 PM

Best fuel I"ve run...The list consists of Trinity, Blue Thunder, and Byrons Gen 1 and 2. I have noticed longer bearing life using Sidewinder fuel. I break my engines in on the Pro blend since it's Castor based...Then switch them over at or around the gallon mark to either the Worlds or new Prototype blend. Try it, I don't think you'd be dissapointed.

snowman6869 03-05-2010 09:12 PM

prototype blend is where it's at.

hdcruzer 03-06-2010 01:58 PM

Well now that Ive run a few tanks through, I dont think I will be buying anymore. Im going to the track tomarrow and if I dont have better results I will be going back to Werks or Odonnells. My biggest problem with it is it is hard to tune and it wont keep an idle at all. I have the carb dialed in perfect now so tomarrow I will give it one more chance in track conditions. Yes I do know how to tune a motor. I have a good launch and just lean enough top for the track I run on.

crazysavage 03-06-2010 02:07 PM

The three people I know running it are using Werks B5's and OS V-specs and they swear by it. They are all previously sponsored long time racers and I am thinking about going to it but I cant find it right now.

blktransam 03-06-2010 02:24 PM

Sidwinder is a great fuel, but have since switched to EB Mods fuel due to being sponsered by him but I am expecting great results with EB Mods fuel as well.

Joey Powell 03-06-2010 04:36 PM

I've been running Sidewinder for years, and I've never had a single fuel related issue. It is possible that you may have an isolated issue with a jug that has been contaminated, but I guarantee you that's not typical of Sidewinder's fuel. +1 on the prototype blend. It's really good.

CKmaxx 03-06-2010 05:13 PM

I've been running 30% Sidewinder Canadian Team blend for 2 years and I love it. Easy to tune, tons of power and runs nice and cool. Best of all, it doesn't stink like O'donnell....

merdith6 03-06-2010 09:07 PM

what oil content?

Is the prototype fuel. I would think it's around 9 percent and that' a little low in my opinion. Engines run good with a little extra oil. I usr Byrons gen2 25 percent with 11 percent oil. I recommend 11-14 percent oil in fuel for off road. Read the instructions for novarossi engines. They like 12 percent. And they know......don't they....

smb17 03-07-2010 10:24 AM

Oils are getting better I'm sure that's why they can drop oil content. But I'm no expert on that. I just run it and trust they know what they're doing.:lol: