R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I have not met Leighton, but my prayers and thoughts go out to his family and friends in this darkest of times. May they remember the best of his time here in their hearts.

Rest in peace.

Stephen
Old 03-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The PNB crew immediately set up a memorial fund. Racers were giving cash, vendor donating products for auction and cash, you name it. I do not know the total, but I do believe it was in the thousands of dollars. This money will go to his family.

My prayers go out to his family and friends.
Kalgard Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:27 AM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgear View Post
I posted this over in the racing section but will copy here for those who may not have seen it:

Dave and Ollie,
Great race as always, you guys just keep making them better, at least till the 22nd qualifier. I think God must have needed a good man to fill a bump up slot at a big race in Heaven.

The ME said it was a massive heart attack so most likely Leighton had passed by the time he went down. The family and I want to thank everyone that did their best to insure he made it till the ambulance got there. Your efforts were not in vain. That level of care for your fellow man saves many lives each year.........just this time it not meant to be.

I wish I knew all the names to thank for the help in packing up, getting the trailers out thru the parked cars, etc. Thank you each and everyone.

When I called Leighton's wife to let her know he was headed to the emergency room she loaded up the kids and headed for Atlanta. Chris, the son wanted to see the track and afterwords commented that he understood why his father wanted to come every year. Chris has never made it because of school. He did get to meet a couple racers he had only read about in magazines. Adam Drake and Mike Truhe. These guys took a lot of time from their race prep and spent it with Chris. Adam, thank you for the body for Chris. Mike, the words of life experience you spoke to Chris will make a very positive impact once the initial pain of this experience subsides. Alan Burton, I am not leaving you out of this either, the hug you gave Chris when he entered the tent was a great way to break the ice not to mention the time you spent with him. (Alan and Chris have raced together in the past) It is easy to see why these guys are so well thought of.

The Jackson, MS crew will be back next year for an even bigger race.

Thanks to everyone again.
Ed Matlage
That is a class act bunch of guys right there!

What a terrible loss. Our sympathy goes out to the family and friends.

Thanks to: Team Losi Racing, Fastlane GraphiX, Sidewinder Fuels, OS Engines, Lucky 7 RC Products
chickenfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:51 AM   #34
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am very sorry to hear this news, it's sad to see any person go, but joy when you know a good person is in a better place.

They whole Jennings family will pray for him and the well being of his wife and 2 children.

GeeJay
geejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:03 AM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to petevette

It is always a sad day in the rc community when a fellow racer falls. I hope that God eases the pain for the family and friends. May he rest in peace.
petevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:22 AM   #36
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Sorry to hear the news. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Mike
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:45 AM   #37
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default RIP

He was lost but not without all possible effort given by the guys at the track. They performed CPR non stop for nearly 20mins. Unfortunately that cannot be said for the 4 sorry ass EMTs. The lack luster effort brought out anger from everyone there. If anyone knows of the dept they worked for please post so we can give their boss a piece of our mind. Everyone stepped up for the family-ASSOCIATED-STICKMAN-AND COUNTLESS OTHERS.
JonnyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:24 AM   #38
Tech Adept

I believe it was Rob Stevens who was using cpr on Mr.Dillard the EMTs were like snails, I couldnt believe what i was seeing. But i have looked up this guy and have read many forums. I wish i could have met him sounds like a very special man. My heart goes out to his wife and children. I am so very sorry about your loss. But rest assured he is in a better place.
xratdjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:29 AM   #39
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Quote:
Dave and Ollie,
Great race as always, you guys just keep making them better, at least till the 22nd qualifier. I think God must have needed a good man to fill a bump up slot at a big race in Heaven.

The ME said it was a massive heart attack so most likely Leighton had passed by the time he went down. The family and I want to thank everyone that did their best to insure he made it till the ambulance got there. Your efforts were not in vain. That level of care for your fellow man saves many lives each year.........just this time it not meant to be.

I wish I knew all the names to thank for the help in packing up, getting the trailers out thru the parked cars, etc. Thank you each and everyone.

When I called Leighton's wife to let her know he was headed to the emergency room she loaded up the kids and headed for Atlanta. Chris, the son wanted to see the track and afterwords commented that he understood why his father wanted to come every year. Chris has never made it because of school. He did get to meet a couple racers he had only read about in magazines. Adam Drake and Mike Truhe. These guys took a lot of time from their race prep and spent it with Chris. Adam, thank you for the body for Chris. Mike, the words of life experience you spoke to Chris will make a very positive impact once the initial pain of this experience subsides. Alan Burton, I am not leaving you out of this either, the hug you gave Chris when he entered the tent was a great way to break the ice not to mention the time you spent with him. (Alan and Chris have raced together in the past) It is easy to see why these guys are so well thought of.

The Jackson, MS crew will be back next year for an even bigger race.

Thanks to everyone again.
Ed Matlage
Great post Ed. I'm thankful you were with him.
I will see you Tuesday, God willing...

Alan, if you or Mike or Adam read this, thank you very much for your time and compassion given to Chris. He's a good kid and he was very close to his father. RC was one of the main things that kept them connected. He didn't just lose his Dad, he lost his best friend and teammate.

Congratulations to EA and the rest of the winners from PNB2.
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:06 AM   #40
Tech Master

This story has really torn me up this morning. Thanks to all of the people who found it in their hearts to help his family in their time of need. I am proud of my rc family for stepping up!

The Peck family prayers are with the family in this tough time.

TLR / Team Orion / Spektrum / AKA / TEKIN / Horizon Hobby / upgrade rc / AVID / SCH / SPY / HAL'S HOBBY WAREHOUSE
CaseyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:58 AM   #41
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Didn't know where else to post this so it's in here.
With the passing of another good person due to slow response times by the EMS, it seems something needs to be done about it.
Last week a man died in his home because the EMS wouldn't walk 1 block through the snow to get to his house, his wife called 911 about 10 times asking for help in about 24hr timeframe.
I have 4 cell phones on my plan and pay $1.50 for each line per month for 911, i believe every cell carrier charges the same rate, so my confusion starts with 300 million customers at $1.50 equals 450 million dollars a month to 911 and yet we still have terrible service and many (not all) 911 employees are terrible employees.
I think it's time for a class action lawsuit!!!!!!!
bgbelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #42
Tech Elite

Wow, just doing a little websurfing and came across this bad news....I didn't know Leighton Dillard, or any of you guys on this thread, but wanted to offer condolences to his Family and all his fellow racers who knew him....

God Speed Bro....
Old 03-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #43
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I was there and was very proud of the guys that worked exhaustively on him. Performing CPR as hard as they could for at least 20 min. We are all competitive brothers in this hobby, and in this unfortunate situation it was good to see how much everyone in this hobby truely cares for each other.

My heart and prayers are with his family and those that knew and loved him.

Dave and Ollie this was another great event. I don't know of anything you could do to make it better. It was a first-class RC event. I look forward to next year, and seeing you guys at other events.

Thanks,
Mike
mracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #44
Tech Regular

I always read the last page first and sure when I got to the front it was him. You have to be kidding me not him. Knowing people from different states that I traveled meeting different people. You never hope that is anyone but when you know a particular person from that state. And say man I hope its not SO-N-SO. And I'll be damn it was him.. This man rolled out the red carpet for me both time I seen him thats that Southern Hospitality he had

God Bless his SOUL in which it is NOW resting and his family.
Coach Townsend- Saint Louis, MO
deeje929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #45
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Chris Pace and Brandon Melton

I want to personally thank Chris Pace and Brandon Melton from Team Associated for letting their trucks be raffled off at the end of the race for the Dillard family. They are really class acts. Does anyone know how much the trucks ended up going for? My mom was wanting to know the full amount that was raised. She is going to try and get local hobby shops to put up a bucket for the Dillard Family.