R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #31
Tech Elite
 
madweazl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 2,578
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Come on Frank, you really think so? I doubt it. It's not needed. The current vehicles still dominate. What I would like to see is that they quit with the Race Roller deal, and just come out with KIT versions so we can build them ourselves. Takes much more time to tear the rollers down and rebuild them than it does to just build the kit. Or maybe they will release an upgraded version like the 8ight 2.0 EU edition is. Something that comes with all their new black annodized and titanium parts. But I doubt a totally new vehicle is on the way. Especially since they are applying this to ALL Race Rollers. Unless they have 4 new vehicles coming out on the same day, they wouldn't discount them all at the same time. Just me thinking out loud here. I hope they aren't releasing a new buggy/truggy. They aren't needed. Plus that would be too xray like. And we know Xray copies losi, not the other way around.
Yes, but 4 of the 5 vehicles that have rebates use the same basic platform; 8ight, 8ight T, 8ight E, and the L8ight model.
__________________
RadioPost
Mugen MBX7r | CRE Picco 5TR/2120 | Hitec 7950/7940
Tekno NB48 | B6 Pro/2058 | Hitec 7950/7940
Kyosho RB6 | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 3 9.5 | Hitec 7940
Schumacher SX3 Pro | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 2 8.5 | Hitec 7940
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:01 PM   #32
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Come on Frank, you really think so? I doubt it. It's not needed. The current vehicles still dominate. What I would like to see is that they quit with the Race Roller deal, and just come out with KIT versions so we can build them ourselves. Takes much more time to tear the rollers down and rebuild them than it does to just build the kit. Or maybe they will release an upgraded version like the 8ight 2.0 EU edition is. Something that comes with all their new black annodized and titanium parts. But I doubt a totally new vehicle is on the way. Especially since they are applying this to ALL Race Rollers. Unless they have 4 new vehicles coming out on the same day, they wouldn't discount them all at the same time. Just me thinking out loud here. I hope they aren't releasing a new buggy/truggy. They aren't needed. Plus that would be too xray like. And we know Xray copies losi, not the other way around.
I can hope that Losi will revamp the 2.0 and make as much of a change as they did from the 1.0. I dont actually think they will, but I can still hope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post
Yes, but 4 of the 5 vehicles that have rebates use the same basic platform; 8ight, 8ight T, 8ight E, and the L8ight model.
Thats a damm good point.
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #33
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post
Yes, but 4 of the 5 vehicles that have rebates use the same basic platform; 8ight, 8ight T, 8ight E, and the L8ight model.
True but even so they aren't usually released at the same time. Usually the buggy comes first and the truggy follows a few months later. I still think it would be odd for them to discount them all at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
I can hope that Losi will revamp the 2.0 and make as much of a change as they did from the 1.0. I dont actually think they will, but I can still hope...



Thats a damm good point.
I don't know man. I'm always up for new stuff, but I just don't think a complete overhaul is warranted. Maybe I'm wrong. It seems more likely that they are just trying to stimulate sales. Or possibly making an update. I wouldn't expect a 3.0 though.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:44 PM   #34
Tech Master
 
8&stuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In.
Posts: 1,401
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

We will see black aluminum updates such as captured hingepin braces and shock caps(and everything else that is currently gunmetal). Im sure there are other 2.0 u.s. updates that will be seen in the new kit as well. My guess is team drivers get these by mid july or sooner. Available on market by mid july. We wont hear exact truth til late june. All we can do is speculate for a couple months
__________________
Mark Buecker
8&stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:38 PM   #35
Tech Elite
 
madweazl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 2,578
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8&stuff View Post
We will see black aluminum updates such as captured hingepin braces and shock caps(and everything else that is currently gunmetal). Im sure there are other 2.0 u.s. updates that will be seen in the new kit as well. My guess is team drivers get these by mid july or sooner. Available on market by mid july. We wont hear exact truth til late june. All we can do is speculate for a couple months
IF something happens, it wont be until the Worlds I'm betting.
__________________
RadioPost
Mugen MBX7r | CRE Picco 5TR/2120 | Hitec 7950/7940
Tekno NB48 | B6 Pro/2058 | Hitec 7950/7940
Kyosho RB6 | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 3 9.5 | Hitec 7940
Schumacher SX3 Pro | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 2 8.5 | Hitec 7940
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:47 PM   #36
Tech Champion
 
losi_racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
True but even so they aren't usually released at the same time. Usually the buggy comes first and the truggy follows a few months later. I still think it would be odd for them to discount them all at the same time.



I don't know man. I'm always up for new stuff, but I just don't think a complete overhaul is warranted. Maybe I'm wrong. It seems more likely that they are just trying to stimulate sales. Or possibly making an update. I wouldn't expect a 3.0 though.
im with u, it doesnt matter either way to me, im buying a new buggy and truggy come oct
__________________

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:38 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net