R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Hot Bodies D8

I just recently built my hot bodies D8....my diffs feel a little notchy...is this normal on this car...or have I done something wrong...and any suggestions would be a great help...this is my first nitro car and I really havent figured everything out yet....Any help would be great....thanx
slash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

they whould be that way at first then once you drive it, it will loosen up, you probably will have to re-tighten them again.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

make sure it is shimmed correctly...shouldnt fell "notchy" but should be "snug"...
Owner of Midwest Rc Tour
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

I dont want to sound stupid...but what do you mean when you say...make sure they are shimmed correctly?....I just dont understand everything about this whole nitro thing yet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktransam View Post
make sure it is shimmed correctly...shouldnt fell "notchy" but should be "snug"...
slash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash88 View Post
I dont want to sound stupid...but what do you mean when you say...make sure they are shimmed correctly?....I just dont understand everything about this whole nitro thing yet...
Shimmin correctly has nothing to do with nitro.. All gears in everything that has gears has to be the proper mesh..

If you don't have a manual go to www.Hotbodiesonline.com and down load the PDF version, and print if you can.. Read through it and it will tell you how to shim them..
Old 03-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash88 View Post
I just recently built my hot bodies D8....my diffs feel a little notchy...is this normal on this car...or have I done something wrong...and any suggestions would be a great help...this is my first nitro car and I really havent figured everything out yet....Any help would be great....thanx
you may have overtightend the 4 screws that hold the ring gear to the diff case. Back them out a little at a time (1/8 turn) and check to see if that smooths it out. Dont back them off too much as this will cause the diff oil to leak out while you are running.