Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help, first RC, can't start it

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I would reccomend a temp gun because you want to be sure to get the engine warm enough in cold weather say 30* F your going to want to be running at 200*F colder than that your taking life out of the engine with extra wear as the parts are tighter when colder and if you adjust it to run when its to cold it will be to lean when it warms up. I am not saying that you need to have it an exact temp but you will find where it runs good i have some motor that run good a 210 and some that run good at 260 so its all relative but to start since you have a new motor is make sure its warm enough or you will lose the rod in no time at all I have been there and done that I have run motor to cold and lost rod ran to hot and put it away and got it out next time to run again.

another thing that helps is roll the motor till the piston is at the bottom of the stroke before motor left to cool