Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
New purchase need advice coming back after 8 years. >

New purchase need advice coming back after 8 years.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New purchase need advice coming back after 8 years.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What is the grand total after everything is complete?
Old 04-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

You were not kidding about wanting to do it right the first time. Saying you got a nice setup is a understatement.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xjqkz
What is the grand total after everything is complete?
Is an rc racing program ever complete

I still have to get an E-Z up, generator and a air compressor. Everything i had was old dated 10'th scale electric stuff from before 2000.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Madbrad
You were not kidding about wanting to do it right the first time. Saying you got a nice setup is a understatement.
This thing has a lot more moving mechanical parts than im used to. I have a very steep learning curve ahead of me. But i guess driving is not a skill you lose i hope LOL. The only gas race ever won was 10'th scale gas truck at Motorama YEARS and YEARS ago. They didn't even have a driver stand we just stood on the bleachers. I never had the budget or means to compete at much more than regional events as a kid, but im going to try to go to as many events as i can now.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ananda Robinson
Hi Guys.

Coming back to dirt racing after about 8 years. I have decided to go with the losi 8 2.0. What engine and servos do you guys recommend. Which online shops should i purchase everything from and what supporting parts and mods do you recommend, i want to do it right the first time. Do you recommend a complete back up car or just a second parts car.

Thanks in advance.
In regards to who to buy from; I have made several purchases from www.amainhobbies.com and I am completely satisfied. Great web site, many shipping options including US mail (fast + cheap) and their support actually answer their emails. Great store for me so far. Stellar prices too.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MattFL
In regards to who to buy from; I have made several purchases from www.amainhobbies.com and I am completely satisfied. Great web site, many shipping options including US mail (fast + cheap) and their support actually answer their emails. Great store for me so far. Stellar prices too.
Thanks MattFL

I have placed about 5-6 orders from them very helpful quick shipping and lots of in stock inventory.

Also The clockwork racing engine seems to make so serious power. Right out of the box i put the warmer on it for 15 minutes idled perfect and it wants to tear the tires off the rim. LOL Thats enough for today. Tomorrow im going to set the car up with a base setup for a local track and try to get some practice in this week.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Is an rc racing program ever complete

I still have to get an E-Z up, generator and a air compressor. Everything i had was old dated 10'th scale electric stuff from before 2000.
True that!

whats the running total so far?
Old 04-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xjqkz
True that!

whats the running total so far?
i can't help but to be really curious about this question.

Inquiring minds want to know
Old 04-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Do i have to include the RC-Mobile i purchased to haul all my junk to and from the track

In all seriousness i would guess about $4,500. The bad thing is i still want to get a truggy after i get comfortable with fuel engines, clutches..ect
Old 04-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

pretty much what i thought. I have the same setup station, servos, radio. Except i have a better buggy and motor

J/K Your losi does look sweet. I love my mugen and i think about making it a bit lighter sometimes. Maybe aluminum axles and universal cups. I think titanium for me would be to expensive for what it would do for me. And i don't think it would make me a better driver.

How much did all the titanium run you?
Old 04-13-2010, 03:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dreaux
pretty much what i thought. I have the same setup station, servos, radio. Except i have a better buggy and motor

J/K Your losi does look sweet. I love my mugen and i think about making it a bit lighter sometimes. Maybe aluminum axles and universal cups. I think titanium for me would be to expensive for what it would do for me. And i don't think it would make me a better driver.

How much did all the titanium run you?
When i went to my local hobby shop they had the newest Mugen car on display "damn impressive". I got the titanium stuff directly from lunsford I think its was $489 for everything, that includes all screws, hing pins, king pins, shock mounts and turnbuckles. I have a couple Novarossi plus 21-4C's but the local guys swear by the OS worlds motor. I want to learn on some powerful lower cost motors before i drop $500 and blow it up "OUCH" Im not sure if any of it is worth the cost. I just built my 8ight the same way i always built my electric cars as light as possible
Old 04-13-2010, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

the nova will make more than enough power...the os is nice but so is nova + with nova you get more lifespan than on os..you made a good decision and your complete package looks good...wish i could do that for my current rides
Old 04-13-2010, 03:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
the nova will make more than enough power...the os is nice but so is nova + with nova you get more lifespan than on os..you made a good decision and your complete package looks good...wish i could do that for my current rides
Thanks man what pipe/ header do you suggest for the Nova?
Old 04-13-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

To my surprise my bodys from Kustom graphics arrived yesterday and i didn't even realize it

Old 04-13-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

When i went to my local hobby shop they had the newest Mugen car on display "damn impressive". I got the titanium stuff directly from lunsford I think its was $489 for everything, that includes all screws, hing pins, king pins, shock mounts and turnbuckles. I have a couple Novarossi plus 21-4C's but the local guys swear by the OS worlds motor. I want to learn on some powerful lower cost motors before i drop $500 and blow it up "OUCH" Im not sure if any of it is worth the cost. I just built my 8ight the same way i always built my electric cars as light as possible
dude you just talked like the 21-4 was no big deal must be nice to be ballin

Good lookin buggy man.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.