R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #31
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananda Robinson View Post
Ok guys im going to start getting this stuff ordered. Anything else you guys want to recommend.
dont for get personal transponder. diff oil and shock oil and a good set of wrenches for sure thats a must
Old 03-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post
I put 7 cell hump packs in the starter box; made a big difference in power.
I think i have 2 in my ofna box for my onroad car. im probably going to get the losi box.
Ananda Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:29 AM   #33
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by losiracer78 View Post
dont for get personal transponder. diff oil and shock oil and a good set of wrenches for sure thats a must
All the spur gears, pinion gears, oils and springs are on the list. i didn't think about the transponder thanks!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 11:34 AM   #34
Tech Addict

if your going to get a new starter box get the ofna truggy starter box its hands down one of the best starter boxes on the market with a protect starter box lipo .
Old 03-01-2010, 11:42 AM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losiracer78 View Post
if your going to get a new starter box get the ofna truggy starter box its hands down one of the best starter boxes on the market with a protect starter box lipo .
+1 on the ofna starter box. I had 2 Losi starter boxes and still ended up with the Ofna box. It will start just about tight motor on that box without a heatgun.

You might want to get heatgun also. People say it helps with engine wear. I never used one for the 2 years I been racing. I just broke in a Rb C6 and Shark 9 while it was snow on the ground. All of my friends that I run with do not use one and the engines still turn out great and last for many gallons.
Agama A8T Truggy - Hobbyprousa -NemoRacing
"Our perception and attitude toward any situation will determine the outcome"
mikesd1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #36
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesd1980 View Post
+1 on the ofna starter box. I had 2 Losi starter boxes and still ended up with the Ofna box. It will start just about tight motor on that box without a heatgun.

You might want to get heatgun also. People say it helps with engine wear. I never used one for the 2 years I been racing. I just broke in a Rb C6 and Shark 9 while it was snow on the ground. All of my friends that I run with do not use one and the engines still turn out great and last for many gallons.
I will get the ofna box and a heat gun also.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #37
Tech Regular

What do you guys think of this engine and what manifold and pipe do you suggest?

NVRPLUS21-4C Novarossi Plus 21-4C 2009 TUNED Ceramic Edition .21 Off Road 4 Port Buggy Engine (Turbo Plug)
Old 03-17-2010, 08:56 AM   #38
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
What do you guys think of this engine and what manifold and pipe do you suggest?

NVRPLUS21-4C Novarossi Plus 21-4C 2009 TUNED Ceramic Edition .21 Off Road 4 Port Buggy Engine (Turbo Plug)
Great engine if you know how to properly tune and breakin an engine.....

I sell hand fitted engines that require no breakin and will make running nitro 1000X easier...... For $250.00 I have a modified hand fitted JL .21... it will be smooth, fast and powerful... plus it will be stupid easy to tune and setup ....Plus with my customer support you will have professional tuning advice at the tip of your fingers......I will have your engine running like a Pro's with much less hassles and headache...

instead of a heat gun look to a competition Heat Engine warmer..I can also supply this as well....
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:07 AM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:

Just about any novarossi is great. Iv seen about everyone at the track n maybe took a few practice laps to see how it was n ended up with a p5xs for practice (I got it for 100$ new from a friend) and it has been really good after 2 gallons iv used 1 plug. The plus 4 has more power and runtime and is better but also like 340$ at amain so it wasn't within my givin budget. I also got an fms and that engine is ridiculous I can get better runtimes then any othe engine I have it holds a tune n has more power then my os 25, I got it with a gallon on it and a complete extra modded psr for 255$ and it's my top engine right now. Any nova is good it just goes in catagories of what u want. 150$ gets u ok power n 350$ gets u a rocket.
Matt Piva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:56 AM   #40
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Great engine if you know how to properly tune and breakin an engine.....

I sell hand fitted engines that require no breakin and will make running nitro 1000X easier...... For $250.00 I have a modified hand fitted JL .21... it will be smooth, fast and powerful... plus it will be stupid easy to tune and setup ....Plus with my customer support you will have professional tuning advice at the tip of your fingers......I will have your engine running like a Pro's with much less hassles and headache...

instead of a heat gun look to a competition Heat Engine warmer..I can also supply this as well....
Got everything ordered im interested in this JL 21 engine of yours for practice/club races, can you tell me more about it?
Old 03-18-2010, 05:57 AM   #41
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Piva View Post
Just about any novarossi is great. Iv seen about everyone at the track n maybe took a few practice laps to see how it was n ended up with a p5xs for practice (I got it for 100$ new from a friend) and it has been really good after 2 gallons iv used 1 plug. The plus 4 has more power and runtime and is better but also like 340$ at amain so it wasn't within my givin budget. I also got an fms and that engine is ridiculous I can get better runtimes then any othe engine I have it holds a tune n has more power then my os 25, I got it with a gallon on it and a complete extra modded psr for 255$ and it's my top engine right now. Any nova is good it just goes in catagories of what u want. 150$ gets u ok power n 350$ gets u a rocket.
Thanks man i ordered one yesterday

Edit

I also went with the Losi Lipo receiver pack. what are you guys using to charge them? i currently have an old school tekin BC112c

Last edited by Ananda Robinson; 03-18-2010 at 06:25 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:43 AM   #42
Tech Champion

Quote:
Got everything ordered im interested in this JL 21 engine of yours for practice/club races, can you tell me more about it?

I guess not eh ! too bad as my engine will be faster then anything stock you could buy, as well as much easier to tune and breakin....however good luck with your purchase !
Old 03-18-2010, 07:57 AM   #43
Tech Regular

Quote:
I guess not eh ! too bad as my engine will be faster then anything stock you could buy, as well as much easier to tune and breakin....however good luck with your purchase !

Maybe you misunderstood, i want one of yours too.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:02 AM   #44
Tech Champion

Quote:
Maybe you misunderstood, i want one of yours too.

OH !!!! well then I would be happy to supply you a killer engine !!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 08:42 AM   #45
Tech Regular

Quote:
OH !!!! well then I would be happy to supply you a killer engine !!!!
PM me the details and your paypal address