R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #31
Tech Addict
 
losiracer78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Spring , TX
Posts: 513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananda Robinson View Post
Ok guys im going to start getting this stuff ordered. Anything else you guys want to recommend.
dont for get personal transponder. diff oil and shock oil and a good set of wrenches for sure thats a must
__________________
Screen Names Has Changed To mayhem04
losiracer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #32
Tech Regular
 
Ananda Robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brandywine Maryland
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post
I put 7 cell hump packs in the starter box; made a big difference in power.
I think i have 2 in my ofna box for my onroad car. im probably going to get the losi box.
Ananda Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:29 AM   #33
Tech Regular
 
Ananda Robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brandywine Maryland
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losiracer78 View Post
dont for get personal transponder. diff oil and shock oil and a good set of wrenches for sure thats a must
All the spur gears, pinion gears, oils and springs are on the list. i didn't think about the transponder thanks!!!
Ananda Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:34 AM   #34
Tech Addict
 
losiracer78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Spring , TX
Posts: 513
Default

if your going to get a new starter box get the ofna truggy starter box its hands down one of the best starter boxes on the market with a protect starter box lipo .
__________________
Screen Names Has Changed To mayhem04
losiracer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:42 AM   #35
Tech Master
 
mikesd1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NE, Pa
Posts: 1,281
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losiracer78 View Post
if your going to get a new starter box get the ofna truggy starter box its hands down one of the best starter boxes on the market with a protect starter box lipo .
+1 on the ofna starter box. I had 2 Losi starter boxes and still ended up with the Ofna box. It will start just about tight motor on that box without a heatgun.

You might want to get heatgun also. People say it helps with engine wear. I never used one for the 2 years I been racing. I just broke in a Rb C6 and Shark 9 while it was snow on the ground. All of my friends that I run with do not use one and the engines still turn out great and last for many gallons.
__________________
Mike Diggs
Agama USA buggy
Agama USA Ebuggy - Airtronics M12
Agama A8T Truggy - Hobbyprousa -NemoRacing
"Our perception and attitude toward any situation will determine the outcome"
mikesd1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #36
Tech Regular
 
Ananda Robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brandywine Maryland
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesd1980 View Post
+1 on the ofna starter box. I had 2 Losi starter boxes and still ended up with the Ofna box. It will start just about tight motor on that box without a heatgun.

You might want to get heatgun also. People say it helps with engine wear. I never used one for the 2 years I been racing. I just broke in a Rb C6 and Shark 9 while it was snow on the ground. All of my friends that I run with do not use one and the engines still turn out great and last for many gallons.
I will get the ofna box and a heat gun also.
Ananda Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #37
Tech Regular
 
Ananda Robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brandywine Maryland
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

What do you guys think of this engine and what manifold and pipe do you suggest?


NVRPLUS21-4C Novarossi Plus 21-4C 2009 TUNED Ceramic Edition .21 Off Road 4 Port Buggy Engine (Turbo Plug)
Ananda Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:56 AM   #38
Tech Champion
 
Maximo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,900
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananda Robinson View Post
What do you guys think of this engine and what manifold and pipe do you suggest?


NVRPLUS21-4C Novarossi Plus 21-4C 2009 TUNED Ceramic Edition .21 Off Road 4 Port Buggy Engine (Turbo Plug)
Great engine if you know how to properly tune and breakin an engine.....

I sell hand fitted engines that require no breakin and will make running nitro 1000X easier...... For $250.00 I have a modified hand fitted JL .21... it will be smooth, fast and powerful... plus it will be stupid easy to tune and setup ....Plus with my customer support you will have professional tuning advice at the tip of your fingers......I will have your engine running like a Pro's with much less hassles and headache...

instead of a heat gun look to a competition Heat Engine warmer..I can also supply this as well....
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:07 AM   #39
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Quinby south Carolina
Posts: 1,158
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananda Robinson View Post
What do you guys think of this engine and what manifold and pipe do you suggest?


NVRPLUS21-4C Novarossi Plus 21-4C 2009 TUNED Ceramic Edition .21 Off Road 4 Port Buggy Engine (Turbo Plug)
Just about any novarossi is great. Iv seen about everyone at the track n maybe took a few practice laps to see how it was n ended up with a p5xs for practice (I got it for 100$ new from a friend) and it has been really good after 2 gallons iv used 1 plug. The plus 4 has more power and runtime and is better but also like 340$ at amain so it wasn't within my givin budget. I also got an fms and that engine is ridiculous I can get better runtimes then any othe engine I have it holds a tune n has more power then my os 25, I got it with a gallon on it and a complete extra modded psr for 255$ and it's my top engine right now. Any nova is good it just goes in catagories of what u want. 150$ gets u ok power n 350$ gets u a rocket.
Matt Piva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:56 AM   #40
Tech Regular
 
Ananda Robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brandywine Maryland
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Great engine if you know how to properly tune and breakin an engine.....

I sell hand fitted engines that require no breakin and will make running nitro 1000X easier...... For $250.00 I have a modified hand fitted JL .21... it will be smooth, fast and powerful... plus it will be stupid easy to tune and setup ....Plus with my customer support you will have professional tuning advice at the tip of your fingers......I will have your engine running like a Pro's with much less hassles and headache...

instead of a heat gun look to a competition Heat Engine warmer..I can also supply this as well....
Got everything ordered im interested in this JL 21 engine of yours for practice/club races, can you tell me more about it?
Ananda Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:57 AM   #41
Tech Regular
 
Ananda Robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brandywine Maryland
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Piva View Post
Just about any novarossi is great. Iv seen about everyone at the track n maybe took a few practice laps to see how it was n ended up with a p5xs for practice (I got it for 100$ new from a friend) and it has been really good after 2 gallons iv used 1 plug. The plus 4 has more power and runtime and is better but also like 340$ at amain so it wasn't within my givin budget. I also got an fms and that engine is ridiculous I can get better runtimes then any othe engine I have it holds a tune n has more power then my os 25, I got it with a gallon on it and a complete extra modded psr for 255$ and it's my top engine right now. Any nova is good it just goes in catagories of what u want. 150$ gets u ok power n 350$ gets u a rocket.
Thanks man i ordered one yesterday

Edit

I also went with the Losi Lipo receiver pack. what are you guys using to charge them? i currently have an old school tekin BC112c

Last edited by Ananda Robinson; 03-18-2010 at 06:25 AM.
Ananda Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:43 AM   #42
Tech Champion
 
Maximo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,900
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananda Robinson View Post
Got everything ordered im interested in this JL 21 engine of yours for practice/club races, can you tell me more about it?

I guess not eh ! too bad as my engine will be faster then anything stock you could buy, as well as much easier to tune and breakin....however good luck with your purchase !
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:57 AM   #43
Tech Regular
 
Ananda Robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brandywine Maryland
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
I guess not eh ! too bad as my engine will be faster then anything stock you could buy, as well as much easier to tune and breakin....however good luck with your purchase !

Maybe you misunderstood, i want one of yours too.
__________________
Losi 8ight 2.0.
Losi 8ight-T 2.0.
Ananda Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:02 AM   #44
Tech Champion
 
Maximo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,900
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananda Robinson View Post
Maybe you misunderstood, i want one of yours too.

OH !!!! well then I would be happy to supply you a killer engine !!!!
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:42 AM   #45
Tech Regular
 
Ananda Robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brandywine Maryland
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
OH !!!! well then I would be happy to supply you a killer engine !!!!
PM me the details and your paypal address
__________________
Losi 8ight 2.0.
Losi 8ight-T 2.0.
Ananda Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:59 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net