Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
does anyone know how mugen glues their tires on the mspec? >

does anyone know how mugen glues their tires on the mspec?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

does anyone know how mugen glues their tires on the mspec?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cary
and what part of premounted did you not understand?
sssooooo. Are premounts glued are not? I always thought premounted ment that it came with the foams and tires on the wheels but you had to glue them. That is how i have gotten them before anyway.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Premounts should be glued from the factory. Proline premounts are infamous for becoming unglued. Last time I knew premounts were hand glued and they way they did it was by dipping a tooth pick in CA glue and running it around the rim and bead.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Back when I started this hobby I bought a OFNA tire turner for glue work. Now my fingers don't stick to my nose(it's a boger thing)and lifes good.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I think that alot of guys forget that the tire will wick the glue. You dont have to put as much as you think to get them to hold. I (knock on wood) havent had a set come apart on me yet. I just take my time a put in the prep work. What I really want to master is tire balancing!
Old 02-28-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

tire gluing is a cinch, buy the losi tire glue kit, comes with rubber bands, glue and the most ingenious invention, a little tube to apply the glue.

1. put the tire on the rim, and massage it on till you know the foam insert is seated properly. make sure the rubber bead is seated properly.

2. wrap the supplied rubber band around the side your about to glue

3. peel back an edge of the tire, insert glue tube and put a bit of glue in, the tire will suck it in pretty easily. If you do put too much, just rotate the tire, and let the glue flow around the direction your turning, while at the same time your slightly peeling back the tire to let it sink in.

4. do the same thing on all of your other tires, important note, do 1 side at a time. by the time you have one side done on a set of 4 you can go back to the first one and start the process over on the other side. this prevents you from gluing the tire to your fingers.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
sssooooo. Are premounts glued are not? I always thought premounted ment that it came with the foams and tires on the wheels but you had to glue them. That is how i have gotten them before anyway.
return them if they didnt, thats why you bought premounts
Old 02-28-2010, 09:37 AM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Before you put tires on the rim, you should prep the rims and tires. Lightly scuff the edge of the rims to be glued with a dremmel. Do the same with edges of the tires. Wipe the tires with denatured alcohol. Mounting bands also make the job easier. Hope this helps.