R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-26-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default XRAY 808 any experience

Looking for feedback on the xray 808. Anyone running it? how does it compare to the losi 8 2.0
Old 02-26-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenmonster View Post
Looking for feedback on the xray 808. Anyone running it? how does it compare to the losi 8 2.0
I drive both cars and i think that they feel very similar,although the 2010 xray will handle a blown out track a little better. The losi rotates a little better thru hairpins, but thats just a setup thing that i am yet to try.

And you cant beat xray quality.

Thats just my opinion though,as i race both cars regulary.

Cheers
juzza99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:28 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

You'l fid lots of info in the 808 thread and if you do a search you will come up with lots of 808 vs. _______ threads.

BTW- It's a good buggy.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
feedback you say huh?

try here:

New XRAY 808

445+ pages, 6,000++ replies and 310,000++ views...

have fun!

If you're in control, you're not driving it fast enough!

XRAY / NOVAROSSI / SANWA / AKA TIRES / BYRON FUEL
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:04 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Quote:
Anything you need to know you can look me up at L H i will be there Sunday i always sit be your buddy Allan
Old 02-27-2010, 08:21 AM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I run Losi 1.0 and a 808 09'. I am faster with the Losi but spend much less time working on the Xray
Old 02-27-2010, 11:40 AM   #7
Tech Adept

Smile

Hi mate
i have run the losi2.0 but now run the xray2010 went from the losi1 to yhe newer one ans wish i hadnt from brand new out the box the quality was not there like before stripped screws in shocks different oils in shocks on one end quality of the parts things broke to easy.Slight roll slow corner broken shock tower and gear box.And no i dont crash very often.After this going twice one meeting sold it and my spares went to an xray 09 i was not as fast with it too safe compared to the losi (suits snyone that can drive on road fast)but went to the 2010 spec lap times fell quicker now with the xray more consistantover the race and far better bulid quality dont let the price put you off ran the 09 spec last season did not brake anything
hope this helps
Quietman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:47 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Default twice the quality

I can't stand Losi. Every losi car I've owned or worked on or helped a friend with his has been a real pain in the neck. From the JRX-2 to the xx-4, to the 2wd gas truck to the xxx-4 to the 8 to the 8t. They may win races at the top and bottom, but not without some serious labor. Nothing against the Losi crew or any racer who likes them. It's just my experience over the years that they are really cheap cars that cost too much. On the flip side. Xray 808's are the most durable and most well made cars on the track, period. Mugens are great, but I've sen a lot of front arms break. Which i'm sure they will fix. 808's break nothing, you rarely replace anything. It drives great too. Save a lot of trouble and get one. Costs around 640, but pays in the long run....I'm suprised they haven't won here in the states at big races. Usually the only car that finishes every race.....I guess the pro's say show me the money.....
Old 03-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

a lot of people tell me that the xray ran slower in laptime but more consistant than the losi but the mugen is faster than the xray and same easiest to drive in the jump and bump section...

But i m not sure about the mugen, anyone can confirme that ?
Xchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:15 PM   #10
Tech Addict

Yea, I have been running my 09 for a few months.. and love it so far. Specially coming from the Hyper range.. the quality to me is the best followed by moogen. I keep wanting to buy spares for my 09, but always get told by fellow xray drivers not to bother.. but I think they are probably the more reliable car on the track generally.. and stay slop free alot longer than most because of the higher quality parts. And Maybe slightly more consistent than most.. its up there with the best of them.. but maybe slightly more consistant-yes setup is alot.. but generally.. if you run a Xray-You will do well to DNF races to be honest..
jamiekerr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #11
Tech Elite

I'm waaaaaaaaaay faster with my 808. my losi 1.0 left me with permanently clinched butt cheeks.

I haven't used my 2010 spec yet, but I still have my old 808, i'd sell it, but it drives so well, it makes an awesome backup car.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:52 PM   #12
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have a 2010 spec, raced it at motorama, and LOVE IT!!!! it rotates well on and off power, air control is very smooth and percise, it takes ALOT to "upset" the car. after 3days at motorama, on a very blown out track the car was still smooth, and passing losi's left and right all in all, for the money, the product it self is second to none, and the 2010 specs are spot on.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:54 PM   #13
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

But the mugen and the 808 are similar in the driving feeling?

Winch car is fastest?
Xchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:27 PM   #14
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

I have never driven a losi but some of the driver here say that it turns better than an xray. I drive and raced mostly Xray and I am happy with what I got. Many say that mugen is a faster car than an xray which I do not agree. To me its the driver that makes the car faster and how you set it up to suite your driving style. I am getting a hang of setting up my 808. I can make it drive like a losi or a mugen but would not be aligned with my driving style. So setup your car to suite your style of driving.

Parts Quality in my opinion is the very best. I enjoyed my build cause every part fits flawlessly plus very clear instructions. You cannot beat its durability. I bought so many spares that until now i havent used except for the front and rear arm. It did not break or anything just my decision to change them cause its ugly already.
oggietiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:36 PM   #15
Tech Initiate

Both cars are very fast. Actually all cars can be fast with the right setup its a matter of replacing parts.Like you will be doing with losi. My friend that I pit with seems like he is always repairing his car. I run xray 808 09 spec and by far that most stable car on the market right now.
btownbasser is offline   Reply With Quote