Search

charging muchmore glow starter

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default charging muchmore glow starter

hi guys,

i've got a muchmore 4500mAh glow starter. when you put a glow plug in it glows for about 1-2 secs then dies. these are three new OS P3 plugs just taken out of packet and never used so thought could be glow starter. I have a swallow charger and glow starter adaptor but tried charging at 2, 3, 4A without luck but sure it's not fully charged. any advice to charging this glow starter?

thanks.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

is the battery completely charged? if it is then probably its a bad batt, connections are fine or it wouldn't even light the plug at all
Old 02-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Is this a NiMH battery? Are you charging it as a Nicad?
Old 02-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bew79
hi guys,

i've got a muchmore 4500mAh glow starter. when you put a glow plug in it glows for about 1-2 secs then dies. these are three new OS P3 plugs just taken out of packet and never used so thought could be glow starter. I have a swallow charger and glow starter adaptor but tried charging at 2, 3, 4A without luck but sure it's not fully charged. any advice to charging this glow starter?

thanks.
If its the type were you can replace the battery take it apart and clean the terminals. I had to do that with one that i bought and it now works great...
Old 02-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I have the same ignitor and ran into the same issue. Make sure to turn the amps down to higher than 1.2, make sure its set to nimh and make sure your polarity is correct on your charge lead. Ihis ignitor likes to be charged at a low amperage.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sickboy
I have the same ignitor and ran into the same issue. Make sure to turn the amps down to higher than 1.2, make sure its set to nimh and make sure your polarity is correct on your charge lead. Ihis ignitor likes to be charged at a low amperage.
thanks for the advice, will try charging at a low amp rate, everything else on charger OK.

if i insert a glow plug it glows for a couple of secs and goes out. take out an insert again and will glow again but for less time, and each time less and less glow for about 5 goes which got me thinking it was the battery. will let you know how I get on. i'm trying to run in my new Alpha Z852 so need it to stay on for a while whilst it turns over and tries to fire for the first time.