R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-05-2010, 07:58 AM   #76
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ruune Send a message via AIM to Ruune Send a message via Yahoo to Ruune

Well said, Carribbean. It's not the car that makes the driver. Still, it's about preference. Each buggy or truggy has different characteristics, based on the goals of what the engineers and team drivers want. I have (or had) buggies, truggies, and monster trucks from Losi, AE, Cen, HB, and an MBX-6T is on order as of last night. I like different things about each one. Cant even choose a favorite right now, but it's prob the losi buggy. We'll see after the agama and durango buggies arrive stateside.

Anyways, my point is that you should try driving whatever is available, and see what suits YOUR driving style and helps YOU to become a better driver.

I really only have one complaint about AE and Losi...

The rest of the world is on METRIC. Lets get with the program.
Ruune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:02 AM   #77
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Who lets beginners or newbies drive there buggies or trugs? I dont. I spend way to much time energy money on my stuff to let a beginner F it up. So how can they "try" be for they buy.
geejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #78
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by geejay View Post
Who lets beginners or newbies drive there buggies or trugs? I dont. I spend way to much time energy money on my stuff to let a beginner F it up. So how can they "try" be for they buy.
If they are a friend I will let them drive them. I just make it clear they pay for anything they break.
Losi Ten-T: 7/7/2, Kingpin tires, optional Losi Springs, Spektrum DX3S
Nor-Cal Hobbies: Union City, CA
Grimlock212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:06 PM   #79
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If they are aware of how to brake and are willing to pay for any major part they break, I'll let anyone at the track try my cars.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #80
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to CaribbeanPirate Send a message via MSN to CaribbeanPirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock212 View Post
If they are a friend I will let them drive them. I just make it clear they pay for anything they break.
Yup, that is what i ment... If you want to get more people into the hobby< then you could let them try out your car in a maybe controlled environment or maybe adjust your radio to give it half throttle... the only way you know what car is best for you is after you own it and get used to it
CaribbeanPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:48 PM   #81
Tech Adept

The brand hores pimping their own brand are a constant source of entertainment for me,i doubt that 3/4 of the dicks in here would even know the difference between any of the three you listed.

Choose one you like and race the balls off of it, if you do that you will beat most of the peeps mentioned earlier.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:16 AM   #82
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

After takin a year away from offroad i am now making a return for this season, and i am going to race truggy for the first time. I used to run 1/8 buggy and an lst2. In prior years i have always run losi and i have had good results from it. I have narrowed my choice down to the Losi 8ight-t 2.0 and the RC8T factory team. I have been noticing a lot of goes talking about the slop that the losi develops. Ny question is does the associated do the same thing? I am a believer in the idea that any car can win on any given sunday, it comes down to the driver and there ability to setup there car. I just dont want to be buying parts every couple weeks to fix the slop in the losi. Also how do these two stack up durability wise.

Thanks for the help in advance, any opinions on these two cars are appreciated
CREWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #83
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You don't fix the slop on the Losi. It makes the car drive incredibly well. I have heard some of the fast guys say that they hate driving a new one, and much prefer it when it has about 2 gallons on it. You'll notice it, as it gets sloppier, the car breaks in and feels faster and faster. Kind of like an engine losing its pinch and making optimal power.

I know, it goes against everything you've learned, but trust me. The car is faster when it's sloppy. Easiest car to drive that I've tried so far. I was running an Xray 808 before switching to Losi. Those cars stay tight forever, but the Losi out-handles it on every surface. Especially once it has developed some slop.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:37 AM   #84
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semple View Post
You don't fix the slop on the Losi. It makes the car drive incredibly well. I have heard some of the fast guys say that they hate driving a new one, and much prefer it when it has about 2 gallons on it. You'll notice it, as it gets sloppier, the car breaks in and feels faster and faster. Kind of like an engine losing its pinch and making optimal power.

I know, it goes against everything you've learned, but trust me. The car is faster when it's sloppy. Easiest car to drive that I've tried so far. I was running an Xray 808 before switching to Losi. Those cars stay tight forever, but the Losi out-handles it on every surface. Especially once it has developed some slop.

+ 1 that is true about the losi eights, my was a handfull intill i had about 1/12 gallons or more of fuel.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:56 AM   #85
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yup I noticed the same thing. The first few tanks mine was very twitchy and the rear was all over the place, but somewhere during tank 3 or 4 it settled down.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #86
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by neobart View Post
Yup I noticed the same thing. The first few tanks mine was very twitchy and the rear was all over the place, but somewhere during tank 3 or 4 it settled down.
I am waiting for mine to settle down still. I am 1/2 gallon in so far.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #87
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semple View Post

+1, I agree to that for off-road racing in general. To tight of a car makes for a twitchy drive ( for my skill level ) .
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
NitroFreakManHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:12 PM   #88
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

ok thanks for the replies guys

Anyone have any opinion on the durability of the rc8t vs the 8ight-t 2.0

Thanks again
CREWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #89
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

o'doyle rules
dandrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:15 PM   #90
Tech Regular

I can't comment on the Associated durability, but the Losi is super tough. I have abused the hell out of mine on the track and broken NOTHING.