R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #31
Tech Addict
 
jamiekerr14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Uk
Posts: 607
Default

Yea I agree Im over in UK and I have run hypers 8.5 and 9 and since few months moved to Xray 809Spec.. and the difference in parts quality is scary!.. Spares for the hyper are cheaper.. but I was replacing them reasonably regularly.. I have had my 808 few months and not 1 thing broken yet. And, Parts are slighly harder to source.. but generally you wont need many spares.. but yea.. I prefer to have the parts quality that the Xray's and moogen kinda have.. than a losi.. hearing how sloppy they can become fast.. but thats me.. and prefer to have something less common.. but I agree with the above...
__________________
Xray XB4
Supported By:
RC Disco
jamiekerr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:57 PM   #32
Tech Elite
 
DPowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Where the fast guys are
Posts: 3,528
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

I drive a HB D8 and i love the car and it does have a few small issues with the cvds not so much as everone has said and i have owned the mugen,losi and xray and out of those cars the xray is the better build one and the drive train dosent wear out no wear near as quick as the rest but the losi drives the best it will make a ok drive better but i will stick with my D8.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #33
Tech Adept
 
dandrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San francisco, ca
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geejay View Post
Now Im just getting pissed, I am not talking about one freaking company. On this fourm several times, some one will bring up a company and then someone would say oh that sucks.....

Why does it suck? I dont believe that one company is better than another. I have seen my share of xrays broken, I have seen mugen broken, hell tebo just broke an a-arm in the mains, I dont care what no one say, they all break.
Last summer I broke one part on my losi just 1. If you drive like a pu$$y around the track your not going to break nothing. Me I haul ass, which some of you will see in July, not saying Im the best, Im not, point is my Losi takes a beating everytime Im on the track. I have seen every car, ever truck, ever compnay sh!t break, so lets stop with all the indestructable stuff.
When a person say that a certian car sucks, how do they come to that conclusion? its alot of that here. I hear that AE sucks, But regardless they are on the podium in the USA. If the others are better, then why are they not racin? You just cant say something sucks with out proof of why it sucks. It could be the company, it could be word of mouth. Hell I know alot of guys that brought a losi as their first car, then sold it and got an AE or Mugen ect.

If I started this saying which on is better - there would be 10 pages of people sayin this is better or that is better and the others suck. Its alot harder to say why it sucks. Why they dont sell in the US? And Im not saying anything sucks. They all have their +'s and -'s. I just dont like seeing people saying everything sucks.
I know what your saying but for example I dont understand why I'm the only local guy at my track with an xray 808. Its not because of word of mouth. no one else has tried it. It seems it would have to be more common to get a "Buzz" about it locally. Most people use the excuse that part support and setup info for the local track isnt available locally so they would rather get a losi . Monkey see monkey do most importantly.
Its cool to bash the losi for those of us on the outside because its silly to have one manufacturer dominate in sales so 1 sidedly when there are plenty of viable options out there. The fact that many losi drivers think there car is the only one that exists makes it no surprise there's a backlash.
on a side note ( and perhaps a bashing one ) , It seems most of the 90% of the a-holes at my local track that never turn marshal are the Losi drivers . I don't know if its that way everywhere else, but it puts me further in the minority just like my cars.
dandrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #34
Tech Adept
 
dandrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San francisco, ca
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
its called being a fanboy. if somebody isint running the same equipment as them, then "they/it/whatever" sucks because its not what they have.

you should see the xbox, playstation fanboy wars. you think this is pathetic

+1
that is the worst , most pathetic fanboy war ever
dandrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #35
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandrat View Post
I know what your saying but for example I dont understand why I'm the only local guy at my track with an xray 808. Its not because of word of mouth. no one else has tried it. It seems it would have to be more common to get a "Buzz" about it locally. Most people use the excuse that part support and setup info for the local track isnt available locally so they would rather get a losi . Monkey see monkey do most importantly.
Its cool to bash the losi for those of us on the outside because its silly to have one manufacturer dominate in sales so 1 sidedly when there are plenty of viable options out there. The fact that many losi drivers think there car is the only one that exists makes it no surprise there's a backlash.
on a side note ( and perhaps a bashing one ) , It seems most of the 90% of the a-holes at my local track that never turn marshal are the Losi drivers . I don't know if its that way everywhere else, but it puts me further in the minority just like my cars.





the reason why losi drivers proberty dont, mashall is because where checking for wear and slop lol

and im kind of gulity of that ha.
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #36
Tech Elite
 
dishsoap's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

There is something psychologically to be said about this. Isnt it kind of odd that nearly everyone will say there new ride which was a manufacture switch is better than the one they started with.

They will say I can drive this car so much better than the last manufacture I drove. Its the best manufacture I have ever driven.

Now there is truth to this that they will drive better due to a psychological factor that its new and its better.

You feel better about your new ride that you talk yourself into how it will make you better.

Remember when the first pair of Jordan's came out with an air bubble. Everyone said that they could jump higher because they were $100.00 a pair and because it had an air bubble. The air bubble physics wise cannot make you jump higher but because you say it can you actually can.

Getting to deep now. I am out.
__________________
HobbyTown USA Tucson!!! HobbyTown USA SRS!!!!
dishsoap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:10 PM   #37
Tech Elite
 
madweazl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 2,578
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

I see lots of comments about sloppy Losi parts. Mine is now 6 months old and I'm not seeing the slop. Is this a product of poor maintenance vice poor quality?
__________________
RadioPost
Mugen MBX7r | CRE Picco 5TR/2120 | Hitec 7950/7940
Tekno NB48 | B6 Pro/2058 | Hitec 7950/7940
Kyosho RB6 | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 3 9.5 | Hitec 7940
Schumacher SX3 Pro | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 2 8.5 | Hitec 7940
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #38
Tech Elite
 
dishsoap's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post
I see lots of comments about sloppy Losi parts. Mine is now 6 months old and I'm not seeing the slop. Is this a product of poor maintenance vice poor quality?
Well min has slop and yes we break front bulk heads all of the time including the front shock towers.

I believe its 90% due to the drivers lack of skills. The pros are running the same parts but very rare do they break. Why cause they dont crash as much and they don't lawn dart 20 times a race day.
__________________
HobbyTown USA Tucson!!! HobbyTown USA SRS!!!!
dishsoap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:35 PM   #39
Tech Elite
 
madweazl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 2,578
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishsoap View Post
Well min has slop and yes we break front bulk heads all of the time including the front shock towers.

I believe its 90% due to the drivers lack of skills. The pros are running the same parts but very rare do they break. Why cause they dont crash as much and they don't lawn dart 20 times a race day.
Really? I havent broken a single part yet. I did slightly bend the rear RTR shock tower screwing around at Glamis but that has been it.

Edit: the plastic shock caps were toast after the run in Glamis as well. They didnt break but they had a lot of slop; the sand tore them up quick.
__________________
RadioPost
Mugen MBX7r | CRE Picco 5TR/2120 | Hitec 7950/7940
Tekno NB48 | B6 Pro/2058 | Hitec 7950/7940
Kyosho RB6 | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 3 9.5 | Hitec 7940
Schumacher SX3 Pro | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 2 8.5 | Hitec 7940
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #40
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post
Really? I havent broken a single part yet. I did slightly bend the rear RTR shock tower screwing around at Glamis but that has been it.


the only thing that i have broken on my ,eight 1.0 buggy is a bent oring cap
and a bent rear hub hinge, pin thats about it . i bought my 1.0 as a kit the shock towers on it i dont think you, will ever bend them lol they are thick!



as for the slop i think losi made it that ,way on purpose so the parts can be cheap when theres ,way too play. i dont think the wear is ,that bad if you ask me. the only thing that has wear. on my is the cvd ,axle after 2 gallons and the wheel adapters, are worn down also.
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:39 PM   #41
Tech Elite
 
dishsoap's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post
Really? I havent broken a single part yet. I did slightly bend the rear RTR shock tower screwing around at Glamis but that has been it.

Edit: the plastic shock caps were toast after the run in Glamis as well. They didnt break but they had a lot of slop; the sand tore them up quick.
I think it also has to do where you run and what type of track you mostly race on.
__________________
HobbyTown USA Tucson!!! HobbyTown USA SRS!!!!
dishsoap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:45 PM   #42
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,867
Default

well i race on a rough rutty hard packed track, with one big double and the other ones are somewhat big.
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:01 PM   #43
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 356
Trader Rating: 4 (64%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanty140 View Post
All of those vehicles are capable of winning it just depends what car suits you driving style. The reason why you see Losi, and Team Associated are at the top of the podium all the time is because they spend the most money on big name drivers. So because of that stats mean almost nothing. Those people racing can be fast on a track with a Tyco RC vehicle. You will notice that overseas Mugen/Xray/etc get more podiums overseas then they do in North America.
i agree you give those top guys a shoe box with wheels they will be fast and lets not forget ryan lutz with that tamaya lets see what nitroblast brings
__________________
Kyosho,Mugen,Protwisermods,Futaba,JR servos,TeamEDStools,Sweettpea,capone
dangerousminds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:34 PM   #44
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishsoap View Post
Well min has slop and yes we break front bulk heads all of the time including the front shock towers.

I believe its 90% due to the drivers lack of skills. The pros are running the same parts but very rare do they break. Why cause they dont crash as much and they don't lawn dart 20 times a race day.
KHZ front shock tower is your friend for the 2.0b. As for the slop, losi cars do tend to develop a bit more slop than others, but they seem to thrive off of it. I have really never had a part get "too sloppy" to perform well. I have broken almost no parts on my losi cars over the years. There is something to be said for softer plastic when you take an impact. I would much rather have slightly softer plastic that gets a bit sloppy, than have super tight plastics that break all the time.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:40 AM   #45
Tech Regular
 
gameholic2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geejay View Post
Question: Not trying to start a war here ( I know its started), but I hear alot about the Xray, Mugen buggies and how much better they are than the Losi and AE, But why dont I see either of them on the podium here in the US. Im not talkin bout club races where only 8 sportsmans showed up. Im talkin about big races.... And I dont care what class or division....
I just think that if a person wants to claim somethings better, then it needs to be proof of that product being better - like stats, testing, trophies, ect.
your criteria for determining which is better is totaly wrong...
stats testing and trophies??
are you serious?? If these are the criterias that are important to you sell all your Losi stuff and get a Kyosho.
Your average rc racer will obviously look at outright performance but smart drivers really want a car that's durable and doesn't require constant maintenance, If you ever had anything other than a Losi you probably wouldn't have started this thread.
With more realistic criterias such as parts quality durability and ease of Maintenance, Mugen and Xray win hands down the fact that some actualy prefer how they drive is just a bonus.
I had an MBX5 then I went with the losi 1.0 then 2.0 and finaly switched back to the MBX6 and i cant honestly say both brands are good but after a couple of races with the Losi cars the suspension arms were warped upwards With the MBX6 The plastics are much stiffer and durable yet they don't break as you would suspect they would.
Pros don't have the same problems we have, Mike Truhe stated on another forum that he receives a brand new kit before every major race, so obviously he doesn't encounter long term wear issues that the average joe will have.
Do yourself a favour and try the other brand, if you still prefer the Losi at least you can honestly decide based on your own experience.
gameholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My opinion on Losi vs Mugen gameholic2 Nitro Off-Road 79 09-13-2009 03:08 PM
losi 2.0 vs. mp9 patrick lsp Nitro Off-Road 53 04-11-2009 03:42 AM
808 vs. Jammin X1X revracer222 Nitro Off-Road 33 10-15-2008 11:26 AM
777 WC vs Losi 8 vs MBX5 straightaway Nitro Off-Road 57 11-14-2007 09:32 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:50 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net