R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-26-2010, 04:46 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Jammin Products

When I got into racing a couple of years ago, it seemed like you heard about and saw more people racing Jammin products more then you do now. Lately, It's a rare occasion to see their factory drivers (ex. Chad Bradley) listed on NeoBuggy in a big race and usually only in truggy. Also, I'm the only one in the Georgia Championship Series that races Jammin products (X-2 Buggy). I know that when driver X wins in a "Losi" that a lot of people swing to that chassis so perhaps what I'm perceiving is more of a temporary thing but I'd like to hear ya'lls comments on this. Is it just me and my local area or are there products just not as competitive as the other chassis? I'm very brand loyal so I hope not.
MiniMeRCRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:07 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I like Jammin' products and raced them a few years back. I really don't know what has happened to the team but not much of a following around here either. The CR X2 may be a little cheaper now but when it released, it was high dollar. Maybe that had something to do with it.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:10 AM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 229 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bill marchant

I hear ya I've owned a losi and a mugen mbx6t seems to me that everyone is running this chassis now and jammin has dropped the ball I still think the x2 is a solid platform and is very durable that's why I continue to run the truggy and buggy but non the less looks like ofna is not taken as serious as other brands atm ever since losi dropped there truggy the market will never be the same even AE made their new truck to resemble the losi that's the way the future looks to be like jammin even dropped there price on the x2 kit
BRUCKNER HOBBIES For All your RC needs 2 FEED YOUR ADDICTION!!!
BARNSTORMERS RC/Gun Hill Racing
bill marchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:51 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMeRCRacing View Post
When I got into racing a couple of years ago, it seemed like you heard about and saw more people racing Jammin products more then you do now. Lately, It's a rare occasion to see their factory drivers (ex. Chad Bradley) listed on NeoBuggy in a big race and usually only in truggy. Also, I'm the only one in the Georgia Championship Series that races Jammin products (X-2 Buggy). I know that when driver X wins in a "Losi" that a lot of people swing to that chassis so perhaps what I'm perceiving is more of a temporary thing but I'd like to hear ya'lls comments on this. Is it just me and my local area or are there products just not as competitive as the other chassis? I'm very brand loyal so I hope not.
i run the GCS too and i own a jammin x2 buggy... i was at VRP the other weekend. i was winning my with my buggy when my vspec's big bearing came apart. they are great buggies but im selling mine and switching brands. the only reason im switching is because i just want some change since i have been running jammin forever, i started with jammin so its time to change. the only reason losi is winning alot is because they have great drivers. jammin and odonnell do not have as good of drivers as losi or the others thats why they arent winning. i dont understand why losi is selling so much because if people bought just by who is winning then everyone should be getting team associated because they are pretty much kicking everyones butts.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:01 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
i run the GCS too and i own a jammin x2 buggy... i was at VRP the other weekend. i was winning my with my buggy when my vspec's big bearing came apart. they are great buggies but im selling mine and switching brands. the only reason im switching is because i just want some change since i have been running jammin forever, i started with jammin so its time to change. the only reason losi is winning alot is because they have great drivers. jammin and odonnell do not have as good of drivers as losi or the others thats why they arent winning. i dont understand why losi is selling so much because if people bought just by who is winning then everyone should be getting team associated because they are pretty much kicking everyones butts.
I was a big Jammin fan and ran the buggy and truggy but they seemed to sit on their ass when the Losi 1.0 truggy came out, I stayed competitive by using the BCE small gear conversion chassis and some of my own mods like a battery forward radio tray. They finally responded with the X-2 line but the price was a joke so I went RC8 and Hotbodies. I think they would have to design a whole new chassis from scratch and keep the price down, to get back into the swing.
crazysavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:15 AM   #6
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
i run the GCS too and i own a jammin x2 buggy... i was at VRP the other weekend. i was winning my with my buggy.
Oops - yea I forgot you ran it too. Sorry to hear about the bearing. I couldn't make it to VRP since I was recovering from surgery. And I totally forgot to call you about that RB WS7, I apologize about that. Percoset does things to the memory.
MiniMeRCRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:58 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Jammin' was competitive when the cars came out (X1); the X2 truck did well in the beginning too because it was *just* ahead of the competition.

Now that they've didddled to make an X2 buggy and haven't lightened up the truck or helped it's tight-track capabilities; yeah the MBX6 and Losi 2.0's are mopping up since they're lighter and easier to drive in total.

I ran the Jammin' buggy for about 4 years; from introduction with 13mm shocks; finally upgraded to 16mm's/towers and then finally decided it was time to go 2.0

Having driven both; the 2.0 is the better car. Period. For most club tracks it's going to be tough to beat. The 2.0 feels relaxed, whereas the Jammin' had to be driven 10/10ths to really make it work; never be off line and never hit anything 'wrong' or slightly crooked or you're headed to be marshalled.

One of our very good, local father/son teams tried the X2 Jammin' buggy and didn't care for it; said it carried the same low speed on-power push just as bad as the X1; got rid of it for an MBX6 and blistered the field with it.

As far as factory backed drivers; I know Bradley and James were both going through school at one point and I'm sure between that and other life aspirations they're not quite chasing things as hard as they were. Halsey also has his own special effects deal on the side and a 1:1 offroad team; so he has a lot of other venues to go play with; I really don't think the RC is his main focus any more. He was there in the beginning of the Truggy rage; come out and won some major events and garnered attention for a new company. Pretty sure he got his bang for his buck out of Jammin' already.

Last edited by mblgjr; 02-26-2010 at 11:00 AM.
mblgjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:08 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMeRCRacing View Post
Oops - yea I forgot you ran it too. Sorry to hear about the bearing. I couldn't make it to VRP since I was recovering from surgery. And I totally forgot to call you about that RB WS7, I apologize about that. Percoset does things to the memory.
im not that guy lol his name is tony, im another person that runs the X2 also, for now at least.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Last year was my first year with Jammin and I had my best season yet. I never had one issue with the car itself, very solid platform. I can't wait for this upcoming season!
RobS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #10
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
Last year was my first year with Jammin and I had my best season yet. I never had one issue with the car itself, very solid platform. I can't wait for this upcoming season!
For some reason the Jammin cars always did well in Canada and it did well for me also but I never had a set up on it that was anything near what the factory guys ran. The car can still win races with the right set up and driver but so can anything else. Over all though, the Jammin is down on forward bite and overall small track handling.
crazysavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:39 PM   #11
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Totally agree with savage--i ran jammins for the last 2yrs and outdoor i really liked it but in the winter indoor season i was always a step behind the mugen associated and losi. I really like ofna products so i got the Hyper 9 and wow what a totally different car from the hyper 8 and the jammin. Now no problems with losi associated or mugen
Old 02-26-2010, 05:58 PM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I to have had the x1 and x2 and will be switching this good car but time for a change
Landscaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I too had wondered what happened?

I know one guy in My area that still runs the Jammin's, both X1's to be exact (well the truggy is more like a X1.4). He was looking to upgrade to a X2 buggy and see what he could do with the truggy. For him they work and he has tons of parts, though some seem to be hard to get now. He was looking at going to the Losi's but couldn't swing the cost. Strange the Jammin's have fallen out of favor, I liked them.

What we did on my friends truggy was adapt Associated hubs all around (stock RC8T 1/2 in ones) to see if that would help. The other thing we did was got a Pro-Line Bull Dog body (RC8T one) to fit with a minor mod to the rear shock tower (drilled two new body mount holes). Truck looked real good with my body mocked up on it and the zero offset wheels we put on. Don't know how it will handle? But it looked like a new truck. If he gets me some pics of the new body, I'll post it up.

ZX6 - RB6 - MP9e
Fantom Racing, Cheater Racing
Houston's Engine Service
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #14
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I started with jammin the buggy was good ran the X1 then the X2 but I just switched to mugen mbx6 and wow their is a difference jammin needs to start over and re design a new buggy but hong nor will not spend the money I heard its a lot and chad bradley is a great driver he needs a new buggy and truggy
Old 02-28-2010, 08:51 PM   #15
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Got a pic of My friends new body.

Hope some one likes it, now if I can just get it to load up
Attached Thumbnails
Jammin Products-zthnac.jpg  

ZX6 - RB6 - MP9e
Fantom Racing, Cheater Racing
Houston's Engine Service
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote