Community
Wiki Posts
Search

tire glue

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

In recent past, I've used L7, no kicker, with very good results. I still have yet to try AKA, though would like to sometime soon.
Now I gotta give a shout out to some guys in TX. While at RCPro Finals, I bought a bottle from Indy RC. I really, really like this stuff. It's very thin and it works through the bead quickly. If it gets on the tire, in open air, you can actually watch as it evaporates. It's wierd...but in a good way. Definitely worth looking into.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Ofna thin tire glue is DIALED!
Old 03-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

all of those brands are likely a loctite product. the question is which one? One distributor here shows 83 different variants of loctite Cyanoacrylate. Likely AKA associated or gorrilla glue have there own idea what formula works for them. I wish I could know what loctite # AKA uses so I could then get a thinner version of the same formula.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnny t
all of those brands are likely a loctite product. the question is which one? One distributor here shows 83 different variants of loctite Cyanoacrylate. Likely AKA associated or gorrilla glue have there own idea what formula works for them. I wish I could know what loctite # AKA uses so I could then get a thinner version of the same formula.
whats wrong with losi red (thin) CA?
Old 03-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Gorilla instant glue is the shiznit! Yes it is a little slow to dry vs. other ca's, but I actually like that as it gives me time to work the bead so it not only mounts securely, but is pretty too.

My latest glue job is definitely my best ever and my methods are always the same. Prepping the tire and rim by sanding to create a rough surface for the glue to penetrate and washing thoroughly to get rid of any oil residues from production. Seating the tire and foam fully, pulling back a small area to apply the glue and working clockwise around the tire. After a complete revolution, applying at the seam between tire and rim face if necessary. Then using electrical tape to wrap the tire at least twice. Tire bands are nice but e tape is free to me and you can stretch it to make it super tight.

If you wanna spend more money than necessary, continue to buy the AKA, if you want an extra $5 in your pocket for munchies on race day, go w/ the Gorilla...