Community
Wiki Posts
Search

someone help me out please

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Default someone help me out please

hey you pros out there lol im still tryhing to learn before my car gets here in the mail its a 1/8 redcat earthquake 3.0 ...... it has a sh .18 motor in it can i fit a toki .28 engine in it????? i really want to buy that engine its on sale for around $50 and its alot of tourqe and horsepower i really want to know if it will fit in my car and if so do you think i should get it is it worth doing??? i basically only want this monster truck to go fast and catch big air and do some normal off roading
Old 02-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

It will fit but is it worth the $50? Save your money and buy something better in the future after the sh motor wears out.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by phaqu22
It will fit but is it worth the $50? Save your money and buy something better in the future after the sh motor wears out.
he is right on, also then you will know for shure which engine to buy, I wouldnt buy a used engine just as a general rule.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BAUSTIN
he is right on, also then you will know for shure which engine to buy, I wouldnt buy a used engine just as a general rule.
+1
Old 03-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BAUSTIN

its not a used engine its a brand new .27 engine and is just on sale and someone told me id have to get a new engine mount and a new drivetrain because its ALOTTTT of torque so im kinda going with that i might just buy the redcat .21 from the 3.5 and shove that in there if i can i might need a mount for that but it will fit its the same car