Wiki Posts
Search

2010 NC 25MIN VID-WHOS THE WHINY B*TCH?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default This thread is stupid

Really!?! "My Blade and my .40? Is that where this thread is going? If you want drama, go watch something on BRAVO with your wife!

I get it! He got upset and was frustrated. In a perfect world, Robbers is right on the money and everyone should be 100% profesional, for the sake of their sponsors, but nobody's perfect.

For those of you bagging on Maifield, how many times have you got pissed, angry, whatever, in your car, at home, somewhere you feel comfortable,and said some stuff you would not be proud of if someone was standing there with a camera ready to post on the internet.

I am sure that goes on at every race, by a majority of the drivers. There is just not a camera there to record it. Half the time, they probably don't even realize they are talking out loud! And when those races are over and everyone walks off the stand it is forgotten. I blame whoever posted the video, there should be some professional courtesy. Unless their intent was to try and drag Maifield through the mud. Move on!
Old 03-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Billetboy
Really!?! "My Blade and my .40? Is that where this thread is going? If you want drama, go watch something on BRAVO with your wife!

Yeah Jonny Dub...

I'll see you at the PNB and I'm bringing my 10mm and 4 blades... Ray Lewis style beotch lmao

No not really I'm bring a 8mm carb insert,and I can only find 3 blades and a X acto knife
Old 03-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

First off, let me be clear. Team Associated does not condone nor tolerate poor representation of our products and company, no matter what talent a driver possesses. Actions result in consequences.

While it may seem like a few of our drivers are the focus of controversy, one must also recognize that the spot light is always on them. The pressure they place on themselves to perform is much higher than any pressure we place on them as manufactures. And when things go wrong, frustration sometimes gets the better of them.

It is truly unfortunate for Maifield that the camera was right next to him for this main event. If the camera were on the other end of the driver’s stand I’m sure similar flaming comments could be made of those drivers. I have been on the stand and around the pits for numerous main events and heard everyone from novices to top pros talk this same way on the stand. This doesn’t make it right, but does illustrate that Maifield should not be singled out among everyone else.

I’m sure there are many people following this thread that won’t comment, heck even I was unsure a few pages ago, but people always ask what it’s like to be top R/C racer. Here you go…this is part of it. You want to have a video camera three feet from your mouth, in one of the biggest mains of the year, after struggling to make the main event at your “home track”, work your way up to third only to have your engine richen up, drive 110% to keep pace and eventually fall to mid pack…it’s gotta be frustrating. Just think of how upset you might get for crashing on an "A" main run.

No one ever wins these types of debates. The best thing to do is embrace it, learn from it and move on. As Ryan’s Team Manager this is something we will discuss and learn from and use as a tool moving forward in his racing and representative career. By this point, I’m sure Ryan is more embarrassed than anything. If nothing else, this has shown the intensity and competitiveness of professional R/C racers; and yes, some whining as well. May we all learn a valuable lesson from this experience and remember how emotional we were at 23 years old.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Very well stated call it a bad day everyone has lost their cool its called being Human especially while competing its the fuel that drives our adrenaline.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Apperantly ya'll havn't sat down low at an NBA game. They're a bunch of angels once the interviews start after the game.

The only difference that happened here is that a camera happen to sit in on what already goes on in R/C.

Entertaining. That's what it's about at a pro level too (doing stuff that we can't). Me and a few were in awe at some of those passes on the far left double. Unreal man!!

Maifield will give you the shirt off his back and is a perfect rep for any company. AE is lucky to have him, not the other way around.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Rookie

First off I want to apologize to anyone that I may have offended by my behavior during the main event at the Nitro Challenge, to those of you who watched the video online and to my sponsors who give me the best support and product I can ask for. It was selfish to bad mouth them and the products they supply.

To clear the air, yes I did run an O.S. engine in one buggy qualifier and went no faster. I discussed this with Brent and he okayed the use for testing purposes. After that I put my stock Reedy engine back in for the rest of the weekend. In the main my engine simply richened up because it was a newer engine and was still breaking in. This is no excuse as it was my fault for not being prepared with race ready engines. I should have had my pit guys lean the engine out, but instead I lost my cool and cost myself a potential podium.

I put a ton of pressure on myself to perform well and I know there are people watching and judging me and my equipment at all times. I also feel pressure to perform for my team because I know the companies have invested a lot of time and money in my racing career to give me the best opportunity to win and represent at every event.

As a pro driver you have to be two people. One is a fierce competitor that wants to win at any cost. The second is a patient, calm and understanding representative for your sponsors. During the heat of the main this is a very difficult balancing act and when things don’t go as planned it makes it difficult to stay calm.

I want to thank the people who had harsh words to say. This is an eye opening experience for me and I don’t want to be known as “that guy”. I’m going to take this thread as constructive criticism and I will grow from it. Again, I apologize to all of you and hope you won’t let this incident ruin your opinion of me or my sponsors.

Thank you,

Ryan Maifield
Old 03-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (97%+)

Well said Ryan. Your still my favorite driver. Its all good.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

enuff said!! good luck in the future mane!!

PEACE
TOPS

p.s. i'm the black guy with dreads, you let borrow your drill chuck, at the 09 futaba nirto challenge!

i am a diehard losi man, but i like to see your name on the poduim!
Old 03-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (94%+)

Very well said Ryan that was a very stand up thing to do even though I did not think it was that big of deal at a race like that I would bet that almost everyone up there with you was doing the same thing but once again that was very cool for you to come on here and say that thanks alot good luck the rest of the year
Old 03-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

The way ryan acted shows how badly he what's to win and place well for his sponsors.

Good luck and with an eurge to win that bad....looks like it will be a sucsesful year for team associated!!
Old 03-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ryan maifield
First off I want to apologize to anyone that I may have offended by my behavior during the main event at the Nitro Challenge, to those of you who watched the video online and to my sponsors who give me the best support and product I can ask for. It was selfish to bad mouth them and the products they supply.

To clear the air, yes I did run an O.S. engine in one buggy qualifier and went no faster. I discussed this with Brent and he okayed the use for testing purposes. After that I put my stock Reedy engine back in for the rest of the weekend. In the main my engine simply richened up because it was a newer engine and was still breaking in. This is no excuse as it was my fault for not being prepared with race ready engines. I should have had my pit guys lean the engine out, but instead I lost my cool and cost myself a potential podium.

I put a ton of pressure on myself to perform well and I know there are people watching and judging me and my equipment at all times. I also feel pressure to perform for my team because I know the companies have invested a lot of time and money in my racing career to give me the best opportunity to win and represent at every event.

As a pro driver you have to be two people. One is a fierce competitor that wants to win at any cost. The second is a patient, calm and understanding representative for your sponsors. During the heat of the main this is a very difficult balancing act and when things don’t go as planned it makes it difficult to stay calm.

I want to thank the people who had harsh words to say. This is an eye opening experience for me and I don’t want to be known as “that guy”. I’m going to take this thread as constructive criticism and I will grow from it. Again, I apologize to all of you and hope you won’t let this incident ruin your opinion of me or my sponsors.

Thank you,

Ryan Maifield
It takes a man to admit when he made mistakes.I have to say when I saw the video I was harsh on judgement of u and I got to thinking a bit and I am a mild tempered man and I recall a time I was at work and have a very bad day.To make a long story short I started to curse and throw my wrench across the shop and ran my mouth on and on.So as i got to thinking so more who's for me to judge, Ive done that same thing before.So to go on this forum and admit your mistakes makes me respect you more.Good luck ryan for the rest of the season.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

im still beyond confused as to how what happened in Arizona on the drivers stand of one of the most intense races of the year had anything to do with anyone behind there computer that had something to say in this thread.

RM's (just like any other professional anything) goal is to win and be successful. Which he is. The driver's stand is the "field or court" of play for us R/C racers. I dont think its very fair to ask someone to not be passionate about their passion.

Big ups for apologizing (even though i feel it wasnt owed) and big ups for the ridiculous amount of success youve had Ryan. Fastest truggy driver in the world. hands down.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I met Ryan a few years ago at the Columbus race the last year he ran the TTR car there and I must say he was helpful and polite. I was not even racing but just watching and asking questions. There were far colder shoulders there than him.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default WHY ????

Why hasn't anyone asked why neobuggy didn't edit this video? This incident is not any of our business and we should be happy that we are even able to see footage of a race hundreds of miles away from us. These guys race for money possibly there livelihood not a wood plaque, spend time around any other competitive motorsport and I promise you will watch that video again and think you are watching sesame street. Neo should have edited this footage to make it what it was intended to be and not this. Every sport on tv has stuff like that edited out so that the general public goes on thinking that everybody is perfect so why have these drivers not been given the same respect are they not professionals??? Whether or not you like what was said in this video everybody on here just helped to limit footage from being taken from the drivers stand so enjoy videos from ground level from now on. Besides does anybody really buy a rc car cause a really nice, sweet somebody that you can introduce to your mom J/K lol style driver is running it no you all by the car you like cause it wins races and appeals to you. Just my opinion but I think everybody is being a bit harsh and I hope that one day when everyone who has posted has a bad day that neo buggy spares them the same situation.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thanks Ryan I was almost ready to give up racing after learning you get mad at your gear and use bad words. That video was like the day I found out Tiger was a cheater .

Best of luck the rest of the year and F^^K these haters. And thanks for coming to Badlands every year bc alot those guys need that a$$ kickin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.