Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
2010 NC 25MIN VID-WHOS THE WHINY B*TCH? >

2010 NC 25MIN VID-WHOS THE WHINY B*TCH?

2010 NC 25MIN VID-WHOS THE WHINY B*TCH?

Old 02-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default race

In the Main the motor was a reedy and had no power, even if he landed the double before the triple perfect he still could not make the triple every lap.

Last edited by Marcus Falconie; 02-26-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Let me guess... All you guys complaining about Maifield's actions are big Kyle Busch fans or Jeff Gordan fans??? 2 of the biggest cry babies ever...

I'm sick of hearing the thing about kids hearing this and this being pethetic b/c of all the kids gonna hear curse words... But somthing funny is the guy that posted this thread... the main title has a curse word in it... or is it since you said that the F-bomb is the only curse word now???

dude i'm sure everyone of you are a role model to someone, rather it be someone at the track if you a big shot driver or a family member(your kids,nephews, cousins, whatever) and you gonna tell me you've never slipped up and cursed infront of them???

grow up and leave Ryan alone...

-DC-
Old 02-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STUBYSLAP31
weather or not he ordered a vspec is not important

http://gallery.neobuggy.net/2010-Rac...2_7eBT8-XL.jpg

thats a reedy, period
The head and button fit the Vspec block. Just because it has the reedy head doesnt make it a reedy. It is very likely it was a reedy, i dont know.

Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty!
I read on Live RC that Maifield was running OS internals in his Reedy? Don't know if it is true, or if it is even possible. It is just what I read..
The internals are almost an exact copy. I kept hearing that the AE guys have Speed cranks, but i can see the P/S/R being used as well.

Again, it was just the talk at the track. No proof it wasnt a stock reedy.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default race

The OS block is black, the block in the picture is silver. I looked at the motor after the A-Main and it was a Reedy with a reedy carb. THE MOTOR SAID REEDY if it was a OS he might of won
Old 02-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
The OS block is black, the block in the picture is silver. I looked at the motor after the A-Main and it was a Reedy with a reedy carb. THE MOTOR SAID REEDY if it was a OS he might of won
LOL you silly focker
Old 02-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

doesnt mean is wasnt os internals IF they do fit like its been said
Old 02-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
doesnt mean is wasnt os internals IF they do fit like its been said
No, but the fact that it was slow indicates that there was nothing OS about that engine.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
No, but the fact that it was slow indicates that there was nothing OS about that engine.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

Yea too have heard of a few Pro's UK and US running what I like to call the REOS! Reedy-External and O.S. Internal.. -And to make it more truthfull hearing the so called Reedy and a speed down the straight-Couldn't tell the difference in speed or sound.. But this is what a little birdy tweeted to me
Old 02-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah... let's just use common sense to kill this debate, dude wouldn't be b*tching his guts out if he was running the engine he wanted to run end of discussion.
It was a Reedy or at least mostly Reedy
In any case, i can't see how his sponsor will be happy about this... he used to do the cooling head switch when he ran the GRP as well why didn't he get an O.S sponsorship from great planes/hobbico?? sponsor conflict? or the dude just follows the money??
don't know him or anything but he seems to have made some bad choices no matter what motivated them.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matthijs
I live in Europe, so maybe I'm wrong and haven't seen the real live yet...but I really don't think it's normal to use the F#$ck word every sentence, shout a marshall out of his pants and missbehave in this way. There are a few people on the same stand beside him and I bet they are disturbed in their concentration.

And come on...he is a pro, he should act like one. As a sponsored and paid driver you are supposed to be a rolemodel and somebody to whom little kids should look up to. Yelling like this and disrespecting a sponsor who pays you to run their engines, very mature, I'm sure new sponsors will stand in line.

As to the camera being right next to him and that it should be forbidden... be serious.... this whole game and industry is kept in business because of internet and magazines.... publicity sells products....and products need good ambassadors.

But hey, he had a bad day, got lapped, hacked and didn't do well. Shit happens and people get upset. But don't defend him on his bad behavoir, this isn't the way you want your kids to act do you?
+1 How anyone could think other than what you have posted is beyond me. If my kid acted out like that in public, I would beat him senseless, I don't care how old he was. I have lost my cool on a few occasions at the track, and regretted it every time..I'm surprised to see a guy with that kind of race experience lose his cool like that....Not a smart move on his part for his wallet's sake. FWIW, I haven't ever heard or seen the likes of Adam Drake do that sort of stuff.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s porter
+1 How anyone could think other than what you have posted is beyond me. If my kid acted out like that in public, I would beat him senseless, I don't care how old he was. I have lost my cool on a few occasions at the track, and regretted it every time..I'm surprised to see a guy with that kind of race experience lose his cool like that....Not a smart move on his part for his wallet's sake. FWIW, I haven't ever heard or seen the likes of Adam Drake do that sort of stuff.
im staying out of the actual if maifield was wrong or not, but maifield is one of the fastest rc racers in the world, he chooses who he wants on his car, but thats usually who pays the most to, im sure how he acts isnt just at this race, he prob acts the same at any race and i dont see it hurting him at all, like him or hate him, he has extreme talent
Old 02-26-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Whos got the over/under on how many times the announcer said Cavalieri
Old 02-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Yeah he said is name quit often but whats funny is when Ty come from 14-15 seconds behind and one and everone cusses i have, you do it happens.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
im staying out of the actual if maifield was wrong or not, but maifield is one of the fastest rc racers in the world, he chooses who he wants on his car, but thats usually who pays the most to, im sure how he acts isnt just at this race, he prob acts the same at any race and i dont see it hurting him at all, like him or hate him, he has extreme talent
Yea I agree...FWIW I've heard alot worse at the track..

Last edited by s porter; 02-26-2010 at 03:33 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.