Tech Regular

Very well said Jesse!
My website = www.lutzinator.com, Find me on Facebook at Facebook.com/lutzrc
-Follow me on Twitter @Lutzrc, #LutzRCRevolution
Old 03-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #182
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well said Jesse

This seems to be ok with certain teams. As it happens time and time again. Jumping into pit lane full noodle, blowing engines up on purpose, and smashing radio's seems to be the accepted method of proper sponsor representation lately

Remember the whole "start the F'ing race incident?"(silverstate 07) I think a public apology from the team manager is needed in these incidents. While the driver might be incurring a fine behind closed doors it really does nothing to keep the company's image clean.

Tempers will flare in the heat of the moment but when it is the same group of guys time and time again it gets a little old.

TLR / Team Orion / Spektrum / AKA / TEKIN / Horizon Hobby / upgrade rc / AVID / SCH / SPY / HAL'S HOBBY WAREHOUSE
Old 03-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #183
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

With all the bad stuff going on in this world ..... ? Oh well ? Ryan is Ryan what can we all really do besides watch ?
Sincityrc.com
And a wife who let's me race !
Old 03-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #184
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Alberico Send a message via Yahoo to David Alberico

I think a lot of us on the regional level that have sponsers have worked hard to get them, and many customers on the regional to local levels buy what others use at the local track, in many cases, what wins on the national level, means nothing. So you have a guy like me that as an accident sets his radio down on the drivers stand waiting to go up and knocks it over off the stand and breaks it......ya know it's my fault, but an accident none the less, I explain the situation to the Team manager but still, waited a while to send it in as it was my fault, so I finially do and get the radio back with a "here is your radio and btw you are off the team." But you hear of and see and/or hear sometimes on video of someone smashing their radio, losing a wheel in a main and blowing the engine, blowing out...etc, and yet, still on the team...business as usual. When it is the 50 to 75 to level 100% guys that are switching local tracks to the company they run for, help racers and being a racer the local guys look up to, that are making the sales. In many cases just because car X won the worlds and the local shop doesn't carry car X and the local fast guys arn't running car X, it really doesn't matter. I guess what I'm saying is, no matter who yo are and where you are on the team, every team member should be held to the same standards.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:46 AM   #185
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default race

I wish Maifield drove a Mugen with Ninja Power!!!!
KBRL Nitro Series
www.youtube.com/gsadvanced
Old 03-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #186
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo

I let my 12 year old watch the video, and asked him what he though after..' Big deal dad, he had a bad day and got upset, we all do it.' My son got over it, maybe we should too. Nothing like blowing something way out of proportion, I can't believe that this thread is still going.
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
Old 03-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #187
Tech Regular

I feel that as someone that needs Sponsored Drivers to help promote our products, we have chosen Drivers that are respected and maintain the highest level of integrity. Lutz, Fischer, Peck, Tebo etc.

There is somewhat of a local fast kid in the Carolina's. His name is Barry Pettit, he is someone to watch out for in the future, but anyway, when I started all this, out of everyone I know, Barry was the first that came to my mind when it came down to who I wanted to sposnor and have run our stuff.

I knew Barry and his Dad for a couple years when I was just racing. They would get pumped for when when I would do well in a Sportsman Race. They helped me and anyone for that matter anytime someone would ask. I have seen Mr. Pettit helping someone when Barry is waiting for Mr. to drop his car onto pit lane. I watched Barry get hacked from TQ to last on the start, and punt a racer in front of him on accident and wait for the "punted" to take the position back....all while the front of the field checks out.

I guess my point is, having Class is noticed more than some think. All the drivers I listed and run for us.....I wish I could do more for them, because the do so much me.

Thanks Guys!!
Old 03-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #188
Tech Addict

Default GUYS LIKE THIS IS THE PROBLEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhat250 View Post
Funny thread. I'm sure other drivers arn't all a bunch of angels and never cuss on the stand.

My two cents: Maifield has done more for this sport than the person calling him the whiny beeatch will ever come close to offering. He's entitled to get pissed imo. He's an unbelievable driver and a class act at the local level. You all have your opinions, but Maifield is the real deal. So he lost a big race and got pissed. Whatever.
I didn't start this thread as a attack on Mayfield. I didn't know WHO it was. I was commenting on his behavior.You dont know me and dont what I have and will do for the this sport. If you think Mayfield is entitled to call you names thats your weakness-battered wife syndrom? But if I saw him calling you names and you were too scared or weak to stand up for yourself I would do it for you. And this isn't all talk this is from real experiences at local tracks. Thats just the kind of man I am. My parents taught me well and how to behave and have respect for others. The regional fast guy in my area at a series race called a marshal a F-ing idiot for not flipping his car fast enough for his pleasure. The marshall flipped his car(I would have let him get it himself) and said nothing. It pissed me off so bad I was litterally shaking I was so amped up. I was actually hoping he would try that shit out on me. After the race I waited to see if anything was done by the track officals-nothing. So I went to race director and told him " I come to have fun with family and friends. I dont come here to have kick some bitche's ass" . They said they would talk with him-I doubt it happened. I dont start sh*t with people but I also dont take it!!! I have stared down the barrels of guns and been under fire-you gotta stay cool to survive. And you never know who you are f-ing with. It might some crazy bastard like me strapped with my blade and my 40. Grow some and call them out when they act like a ass! It will do more for this hobby than think.

"I Fear No Evil As I walk Thru The valley Of Death. Because I'm The Meanest Motherf****r In This Valley" Patton
Old 03-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #189
Tech Addict

Default Pettits Are A Class Act

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalgard Racing View Post
I feel that as someone that needs Sponsored Drivers to help promote our products, we have chosen Drivers that are respected and maintain the highest level of integrity. Lutz, Fischer, Peck, Tebo etc.

There is somewhat of a local fast kid in the Carolina's. His name is Barry Pettit, he is someone to watch out for in the future, but anyway, when I started all this, out of everyone I know, Barry was the first that came to my mind when it came down to who I wanted to sposnor and have run our stuff.

I knew Barry and his Dad for a couple years when I was just racing. They would get pumped for when when I would do well in a Sportsman Race. They helped me and anyone for that matter anytime someone would ask. I have seen Mr. Pettit helping someone when Barry is waiting for Mr. to drop his car onto pit lane. I watched Barry get hacked from TQ to last on the start, and punt a racer in front of him on accident and wait for the "punted" to take the position back....all while the front of the field checks out.

I guess my point is, having Class is noticed more than some think. All the drivers I listed and run for us.....I wish I could do more for them, because the do so much me.

Thanks Guys!!
And fast+++
Old 03-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #190
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Robbers View Post
For any drivers that are getting paid to race r/c cars, they should not be cursing or setting a bad example for others to follow in the future. It only shows that improper actions have no consequences. It is up to the tracks (race promoters) and the companies that sponsor drivers to notice and police these type of actions. Sadly, only very occasionally does the track (promoter) do anything about it. When they do, it does make a fairly large difference on the drivers stand.

Like everything, there are exceptions that in my eyes are pretty much OK. For example you have a crash and say something that is not directed towards anyone but yourself, you're just frustrated with yourself for making the mistake. Or you need to vent to a friend, teammate, family member, etc...for a bad day or bad luck at the track. These things happen, it's best not to do it in public and save it for later, but most people don't know the context it's coming from and may take it as just normal cursing or complaining. When a driver curses and complains about a sponsors product in public more or less acting like a child forgetting about their 'professional' type of responsibilities, then this type of behavior is not good in any sense. Some people say it's good, the driver was serious and emotional about it and that means something....to them. They also say the same thing when a driver smashes their radio. To me this behavior means the drivers can't control themselves or are unwilling to do so and save the anger and frustration for later in a private place out of the public eye. Breaking radios does nothing productive, why should my radio sponsor have to sacrifice a potion of their budget because I lost my temper for something that was not their fault? If smashing a radio is cool with people, what if I were to go to a random person's pit and smash their radio, toss their whole pit into the trash, then set my pit on fire? Does that mean that I REALLY care and was REALLY emotional about a problem I experienced on the track?

The other thing you may hear people yelling about on the drivers stand is yelling at each other for how they race each other. The hypocritical thing about it is you will have driver "A" and driver "B". Driver A is known to make less than clean passes frequently and often just take a car out for a pass without trying to do it properly with skill and staging the driver for a pass. When a pass like this happens Driver A acts like it is a clean pass at the time and after the race when in reality it was not close to it. If or when Driver B passes or makes light contact (not enough contact to spin the car around) with Driver A's car on the track, Driver A is yelling all sorts of things at Driver B acting like their car was almost broken in half.

If there was a Matt Francis pill people could take then we would see a lot less of this. Matt set a great example (the best in my opinion) for what a factory/professional driver (whatever you wish to call it) and every driver should follow.
+1 A True Professional

And I don`t even run HB, but if I did switch chassis, Jesse Robbers would be the reason
Old 03-02-2010, 02:12 PM   #191
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyW View Post

You dont know me and dont what I have and will do for the this sport. If you think Mayfield is entitled to call you names thats your weakness-battered wife syndrom? But if I saw him calling you names and you were too scared or weak to stand up for yourself I would do it for you.......

It pissed me off so bad I was litterally shaking I was so amped up. I was actually hoping he would try that shit out on me......

And you never know who you are f-ing with. It might some crazy bastard like me strapped with my blade and my 40.........

"I Fear No Evil As I walk Thru The valley Of Death. Because I'm The Meanest Motherf****r In This Valley" Patton
This guy started this thread. Just look at the language of this post. Yes....you seem like a bad ass. Please don't shoot me man!! I can stand up for myself, but not to your .40 cal. Now go race Maifield and beat him.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #192
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Cool

[QUOTE=markhat250;7081100]This guy started this thread. Just look at the language of this post. Yes....you seem like a bad ass. Please don't shoot me man!! I can stand up for myself, but not to your .40 cal. Now go race Maifield and beat him.[/QUOTE
Yea how we got from Rc racing to 40 cals and knives is way beyond me ..... as here's a hint for the tuff guy ..... REAL BAD@** dudes don't talk like that by the way ... 40 cal and knives ? Come on ..... Is Silver State here yet ? Now back to what this site is suppose to be... rc cars !
Sincityrc.com
And a wife who let's me race !

Last edited by GASMAN123; 03-02-2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: info
Old 03-02-2010, 02:54 PM   #193
Tech Addict

Default True ++

[QUOTE=GASMAN123;7081194]
Quote:
This guy started this thread. Just look at the language of this post. Yes....you seem like a bad ass. Please don't shoot me man!! I can stand up for myself, but not to your .40 cal. Now go race Maifield and beat him.[/QUOTE
Yea how we got from Rc racing to 40 cals and knives is way beyond me ..... as here's a hint for the tuff guy ..... REAL BAD@** dudes don't talk like that by the way ... 40 cal and knives ? Come on ..... Is Silver State here yet ? Now back to what this site is suppose to be... rc cars !

Who is this guy that started this stupid thread?
Old 03-02-2010, 02:56 PM   #194
Tech Addict

Default True ++

[QUOTE=GASMAN123;7081194]
Quote:
This guy started this thread. Just look at the language of this post. Yes....you seem like a bad ass. Please don't shoot me man!! I can stand up for myself, but not to your .40 cal. Now go race Maifield and beat him.[/QUOTE

Who is this guy that started this stupid thread?
Old 03-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #195
Tech Addict

Jesse, +1000 on your Matt Francis referrence!

When I got back into RC racing after a 15 year absence, he was the "fast" guy racing at my local track. He spent so much time helping me get my stuff up to speed, as well as any other racer who asked. He was the true example of approachability, and always took the time to help even at his own expense. I know that many of you Pro drivers are like this, as I've recently experienced random acts of kindness from Ryan Lutz...and it's a shame that these isolated melt-downs and childish actions (which given our current state of technology always end up being recorded for future viewing or listening) taint the overall positive images that you all strive to demonstrate weekly at whatever track you happen to find yourself racing. Keep up the good work...and as Todd from Kalgard said it doesn't go unnoticed...and Matt would be proud of you as well!
Team RcRenew...visit us at rcrenew.com!
Triton RC Alpha Plus Engines
Closed Thread