Putting an LRP .28 in an LST2...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Putting an LRP .28 in an LST2...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Default Putting an LRP .28 in an LST2...

Hey. I'm trying to upgrade the engine in my LST2. I currently have a Mach 427 in it, and I tried to simply put all the parts from the Mach engine to the LRP engine, but the flywheel was too big -- it didn't leave any room for the nut to be screwed on.

I could also put the clutch house on the flywheel I have on my LRP engine, but it's a bit too big, so I thought it might take awhile before the clutch grabs hold, like I have to have a much higher RPM before the car starts moving. Or ?

Anyways, if anyone could help me out here -- What kind of flywheel do I need to make the clutch parts FIT on the LRP engine?
Old 02-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are you using the collet from the 427? That one that comes with the LRP is too big.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:09 AM
Tech Regular

Nope, I tried to put *all* the parts from the Mach 427 engine over to the LRP, but the pin is too short on the LRP. I've read several people who have had no issues with doing this transfer, so I'm wondering why this is a problem for me.

It's possible to put the clutch bell over to the flywheel I have on my LRP, but it's a bit big, so I assume it requires a much higher RPM before the clutch engages and starts moving the car. Or?

EDIT:

It was my father who was working with the engines, and I just learned he didn't replace the collet. He did infact use the LRP one, and not the one from the 427 engine. We will try again later with all the stuff from the Mach engine.

Last edited by dj_sparky; 02-21-2010 at 03:25 AM.