R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-19-2010, 05:02 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider313 View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Heres a buzzer i use. its simple insurance for us forget full guys. Just plug it into your bind plug on the battery.
Cool, even though I am not having a problem I might pick one of these up just to be safe. Will the balancer plug fit a Thunder Power balancer?
shanty140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:05 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cheers,
How have you mounted the buzzer?
Do you have a small hole drilled in the starter box and just run the balancing wires out side and just velco the buzzer to the outside of the box.

Any pics would also be appreciated if you have the time.

Cheers.

"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going fast enough to lose"
bucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #18
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky1 View Post
Cheers,
How have you mounted the buzzer?
Do you have a small hole drilled in the starter box and just run the balancing wires out side and just velco the buzzer to the outside of the box.

Any pics would also be appreciated if you have the time.

Cheers.
I would assume the buzzer is just on the balancing wires and tucked away since it's very small and you don't have mount it anywhere. And you could most likely hear it from inside the box. Thats how I think it would do it, but the way he does it may be different.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:30 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanty140 View Post
I would assume the buzzer is just on the balancing wires and tucked away since it's very small and you don't have mount it anywhere. And you could most likely hear it from inside the box. Thats how I think it would do it, but the way he does it may be different.
Right on the money with that one. just plug it in and forget about it till it starts Buzzen.
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:27 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Cheers.
Easy fix.

"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going fast enough to lose"
bucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:41 PM   #21
Tech Master

I will ask again just in case it got missed. What type of balancer lead do you need with the buzzer? If you don't know, just tell me what battery your using and I can find out that way.

Thanks
Shawn
Old 02-20-2010, 09:16 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

http://cgi.ebay.com/30c-14-8v-2800mA...&ps=63?afsrc=1

I am just useing an Ebay lipo.
Sorry i missed that.
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:19 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Just thought I'd throw my experience out there. I finally broke down and ordered the blue lipo 2200 20c from hobbypartz. I picked up some deans wet noodle 12ga wire this weekend and rewired my starter box, taking out the connectors and soldering the wire in place. All I can say is WOW! This has got to be the best $30 I've spent since I started in this hobby! It was nothing to turn over my plus 4! The blue lipo from hobbypartz is a great deal for anyone looking for a starter box lipo! I know it says the capacity is 2200, but if I had to guess from my chargers estimates I'd say it's actually closer to 2800! Plus it ships from within the USA. Anyone looking to go lipo in your starter box and you're still thinking about it? Stop and just do it! You won't regret it one bit! I don't know how much the new wiring helped but it's nothing to it, just take your wires out one set at a time and do it that way. Piece of cake!
AndysD8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:19 AM   #24
Tech Initiate

i just charge mine before race day that way never go flat and never are stored fully charged... thats bad from what i can gather intend to fit voltage meter and leave in place dont think they take much

mbx6t picco/speed powered
stot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:57 AM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Since we are talking lipo in the starter box thing. What kind of mah rating are you guys using and how long is it lasting you between charges.
Here is my plan. I have 2 of the blue Ofna starter boxes with the large single motor in them. I have some extra lipo batteries I want to install in them to lighten them up since they have the 12v gel battery in them currently. I have a total of 4 2s 4000mah packs. I plan on wiring 2 packs in series to get a 4s2p 4000mah pack. They are 15C standard discharge, and 20C burst. Old Protek soft packs from A-main. Is 4000mah going to be enough for a weekend, or just a day?

Thanks for your info,
Stephen
Old 03-02-2010, 09:03 AM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just simply hardwiring your start box and ditching Tamiya plugs for Deans or similar is a worthy upgrade.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:26 AM   #27
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobad4u View Post
Since we are talking lipo in the starter box thing. What kind of mah rating are you guys using and how long is it lasting you between charges.
Here is my plan. I have 2 of the blue Ofna starter boxes with the large single motor in them. I have some extra lipo batteries I want to install in them to lighten them up since they have the 12v gel battery in them currently. I have a total of 4 2s 4000mah packs. I plan on wiring 2 packs in series to get a 4s2p 4000mah pack. They are 15C standard discharge, and 20C burst. Old Protek soft packs from A-main. Is 4000mah going to be enough for a weekend, or just a day?

Thanks for your info,
Stephen
Losi 14.8V 2200mAh 4S LiPo 20C Starter Box Battery I run mine all weekend.
geejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (99%+)

i really dont see any need to run those expensive losi or protec batteries in just a starter box. i run the cheapo zippy lipo 4000mah 30c. i think it cost me like $21 and it works great! i charge it and i can jump my motor for about a full month on one charge and that is racing every weekend and practice during the week. only problem is that it comes from hong kong but i had it in about 6 days
skoalisbad4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #29
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoalisbad4me View Post
i really dont see any need to run those expensive losi or protec batteries in just a starter box. i run the cheapo zippy lipo 4000mah 30c. i think it cost me like $21 and it works great! i charge it and i can jump my motor for about a full month on one charge and that is racing every weekend and practice during the week. only problem is that it comes from hong kong but i had it in about 6 days
I second everything you said! There's no need to pay the high prices that are asked for some lipos. Last time I checked you didn't need a roar approved sticker on a starter box lipo!

A bit off subject but the other night I was looking for a quick way to discharge a 2s lipo and since I had rewired my box with the deans connector I just put it in there. It gave the starter box more "pop" then any nicad or gel cell I have ever used. So, my question is, in the event of an emergency would it be ok to use a 2s lipo in place of a 4s? Would it cause any damage to the lipo? I thought of this after I had starte using my starter box to discharge the lipo, so I stopped until I can get a answer.
AndysD8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #30
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoalisbad4me View Post

I use to think that til, my cheap liop blew up in my last starter box. Thats just what happend to be.
geejay is offline   Reply With Quote