R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 03:07 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default Odonnell 2009-2010.. excatly the same car.

Men.....

let's face it....

Odonnell 2009-2010.. is excatly the same car.

Nothing change from 2009 car to the 2010 car...
The changes are inadvertent...

It is the cruel reality.

Diego.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:31 AM   #2
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

The main question is if it is needed.....

Some cars are competive for several years and most brands can put minor upgrades standard in the kit. If you are not a good driver and you can not reach the performance topdrivers did with that car it is time to improve yourself and not the car.
By the way, a lot of racers do not like if they have to go with a new car every new season.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:42 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Default you are right...

You know.....

you are right.... and im wrong...

Diego.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:14 AM   #4
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

the second generation team kit is a different car. the servo tray location, engine location, among other things are quite different. the reason for the option kit is for those like mentioned above dont want to buy another car.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieguito View Post
Men.....

let's face it....

It is the cruel reality.

Diego.
Post like this even makes me want to laugh more at your attempts of making RC Car parts.

I can tell now you know nothing of physics and weight placement on a Buggy a company won't just make a change for no reason or with out just cause.

You basically just said Steve O'Donnell is an idiot and trying to get more money out of people by selling updates that are pointless.

Next thing you know your going to knock his Engine Modding when he is one of the best out there at touching engines.
Losi 8IGHT 2.0 B/Werks B7 Pro/2013/Hitech HV Servos
Losi 8IGHT 2.0 E/Mamba Monster ESC/Xcelorin 2100kv or NEU Castle 2650kv *RIP-LIPO FIRE
Old 02-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #6
Tech Master

yeah i would have to say steve has some pretty big cahones to just rename the car and set i out there for 100 more than the previous one and make no changes at all! absolutley hilarious!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:57 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i think you need to do more research they are a good bit of changes to the chassis but not much to other parts because there was no point in changing a good thing. also every problem that they had on the last model is now fixed mainly the rear chassis brace. also its longer now and they have moved things a round some. its not a huge change but its a good change.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:04 AM   #8
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
i think you need to do more research they are a good bit of changes to the chassis but not much to other parts because there was no point in changing a good thing. also every problem that they had on the last model is now fixed mainly the rear chassis brace. also its longer now and they have moved things a round some. its not a huge change but its a good change.
all i can say is that it has a different radio tray, and battery box, then a longer slimmed up chassis. i dont know much about cars but moving weight around makes a big difference. they may be small changes but i bet the end result is huge!
Old 02-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #9
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The NEW 2010 SG Car is a lot different then the 2009 car. The Chassis rear arms front rear sway bars etc! The car is much more stable than the 2009 car and caries more corner speed as well.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:09 AM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Pease View Post
The NEW 2010 SG Car is a lot different then the 2009 car. The Chassis rear arms front rear sway bars etc! The car is much more stable than the 2009 car and caries more corner speed as well.
He doesn't understand any of that... he's just here to cause a stir and try to peddle his wares.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:11 AM   #11
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieguito View Post
Men.....

let's face it....

It is the cruel reality.

Diego.
Diego, do a little research first before you make such empty statements, and the real cruel reality is that you're clueless. It's just a little frustrating reading statements like yours when I know how much time and hard work is put in by Steve Odonnell and the rest of the OD organization. I have also felt how very small changes can change a cars handling drastically. Such as a pair of 1mm shock sleeves. But in this case it's a CHASSIS, WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION, BULKHEADS, TOWERS, PISTONS, SHOCKS, ARMS, HUB CARRIERS, RADIO TRY, HINGE PINS, SHOCK SHAFTS, SHOCK SPRINGS, NARROW BODY, FUEL TANK, CVA PINS, ALU. FRONT TORQUE ROD, AND GEARING TO NAME A FEW. Don't know why I'm even waisting my time because you don't seem to get it.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:21 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Thread is too negative.

Last edited by Greg B; 02-19-2010 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Not in my best interest
Old 02-17-2010, 01:18 PM   #13
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
I'm wondering how many versions the public is going to see. It seems this car has had more updates than anything surrounding the RC industry and I have yet to really see one compete as a front-runner. It was obvious that Tebo couldn't do much with it.
Something really don't add up.
You act as if no one else in the industry updates there cars on a regular basis. Trust me, they all do. Kyosho, being one of the many examples, are on their 10th+ platform. Would you rather Odonnell not update anything? Then everyone would be complaining about that, and Tebo did TQ that Nats with the first gen. OD and hasn't yet with the MP9. And before everyone gets there panties in a bunch, Kyosho makes truly awesome vehicles and Jerod is a God behind the wheel, and not to mention a friend of mine. Just pointing out the fact that the car is even more capable now of winning any race.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #14

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

keep things clean and on point or thread will be gone.........

as for changes everyone has them.... trial and error is the key to a fast car.... look at nascar over the years.. some major changes. getting the right placement on these little cars is alot harder than a real car... change is a good thing. sitback and watch the new cars take shape... jeremy
Jeremy Whiting - serpent america - desoto racing - apicco race engines - RcRenew - jconcepts - Rc Pro Products - ko propo eurus - ko propo servos - VP PowerMaster Fuels - Answer-rc usa - advantage racing products - Parma/pse bodies - serpent 811 2.1 - 811t
Old 02-17-2010, 02:04 PM   #15
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
I'm wondering how many versions the public is going to see. It seems this car has had more updates than anything surrounding the RC industry and I have yet to really see one compete as a front-runner. It was obvious that Tebo couldn't do much with it.
Something really don't add up.
Greg, I'm surprised. You used to speak so highly of the car. Even in private PM's you spoke highly of the car.

Granted, you also spoke about how you wanted to be part of the Team, but I guess that didn't pan out in your favor.

To break it down though. We had the 1st gen. Then a year later, the Team upgrade which was *GIVEN AWAY FREE* to update many owners cars. Then a year later we get these Option Parts for the car which updates the Team car to a nice middle ground for those that don't want to buy the new SG.

I don't see the problem in saving the customer money and still offering him/her two fantastic platforms. I guess you do.
Closed Thread