R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-16-2010, 04:50 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

that is really cool for steve to do that. Mugen has outstanding customer service as well.

I have the buggy and absolutley love it. And i hear the truggy is the prefered choice.

as for engines, i have 2 ninjas and love them. I will run it when i get my mbx6t

but if you want balls to the walls power, the O.S. 28xz is probably the most powerful motor on the market. It will tear the tires of the wheels. Most will say it's to much. Nah, this is what we live for.

I want one to put in my buggy lol!

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I am so glad I stumbled upon this thread! This is such awesome news as I just picked up a Z01T (will be doing the team tray mod & converting to electric)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs View Post
I spoke to Steve O'Donnell about the upgraded Truggy a couple of weeks ago. He wasn't able to give a date, but he did say that all of the components on the new version would be a direct bolt on for the current design, so that all of us existing owners could reap the benefits as well. He did indeed say that it makes the truck much more aggressive on the track.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2-in-1 kit offered for the Truggy as well. Either way, I'll be getting the upgrade kit when it's put on the market!

Not Sponsored by:
Viper | Tekin | Trinity | Serpent | Durango | Gravity RC | Pro-Line | Radiopost
SNIPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPR View Post
I am so glad I stumbled upon this thread! This is such awesome news as I just picked up a Z01T (will be doing the team tray mod & converting to electric)
Keep in mind that while the SG truggy parts will bolt on to the existing chassis, there will be so many differences, that it'll be best to just get the new kit.

There are some tricks to making the current chassis perform better, but you need to get a few parts. I'm working with Steve now to update mine, since I don't plan to migrate to the SG until after this season. Shoot me a PM in a few weeks. I should have the parts installed, and some track time on the new setup by then.
Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to windellmc

If you get a truggy, the SS.21 engine does not really have enough bottom end. OS was working on a .25XZ. That might be a good match for the Z01-T. It is quite a bit heavier than the Losi and Mugen trucks, and it needs a little more engine.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:43 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by windellmc View Post
If you get a truggy, the SS.21 engine does not really have enough bottom end. OS was working on a .25XZ. That might be a good match for the Z01-T. It is quite a bit heavier than the Losi and Mugen trucks, and it needs a little more engine.
You'll find a good number of folks who will disagree with that statement.

With the correct pipe and gearing, the SS.21 has more than enough low end for truggy, and can get much better fuel mileage than a .28.

Actually, there are numerous times where a 28 is too much motor for a truggy in general.
Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I have to say the OS .28 is a lot of power. Great on big tracks but the motor wears out fast. Atleast mine did. Crank pin. I've got a Modded Nova 528X that's more than a hand full. I would also suggest looking at the Novarossi Toro or the FMS. Both mid 300.00 range and plenty in truggy. Got the FMS in my truggy now.
2fst2c is offline   Reply With Quote