R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-02-2010, 11:43 AM   #151
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by windellmc View Post
I bought two packs of the newer blue foam (similar to AKA) and several guys are using that foam at our local track. No one has seen the issue Integra did. I think his had V3 foam or some other size mixed in by accident.

For me soft city blocks do not seem to wear any better than an M2 proline and I think the softness is similar. The bottom blocks last forever but the tire does not have very good grip once you get to those blocks.

No mixed V3 foams here....they were genuinely too small in comparison to what was proper....after talking to jessica multiple time's they got me set up with a full set of the same sized foams...there's a % that foams will shrink and expend if the environment they are being made in isn't 100% ducky So they will be different from 1 foam to the next.

Remember the Atushi hara vid where he was comparing the density of one foam vs the next by squeezing them together to see which folded first....sorta same deal All foams will have a % of quality that is either met or not.

blue molded foams like the one's in the VTR's ?

Blue V2 Vs black V2 evo....I prefer the V2 evo's
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:55 PM   #152
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Amain has the Recoil's in stock just ordered me a pair for the 1st round of the RC Pro Series here in Tx next weekend..I will post how they are!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:17 AM   #153
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just got my M3 Recoils yesterday! The tread is alot deeper than it looks in pictures, and they feel like they will hook up on just about any surface. Although i think they might load up a bit if the track is to wet. I will be running them this weekend on a damp hard packed clay/black dirt track. Im using the AKA foams instead of the proline blue just because they seem to fill the tire out better. One other thing i noticed are these tires felt heavier than most other prolines once they were all mounted up. I will weigh them along with others soon to find out. Anyway, i hope these tires live up to the hype!
plus2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:32 AM   #154
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I ran the recoil tire in M3 at silverstate and I liked it a lot. It had enough side bite to make the car handle sharp but not enough to cause it to traction roll. Once the trace grooved up the tiers were good in wet or dry. Before it grooved up real nice they were great when it was damp and a little loose when it was dusty dry. I like these tires alot. The other thing I noticed is that they wear very well. In the right conditions these tires are great.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:21 AM   #155
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I also ran the Recoils M3 at the first RC Pro Race here in Tx. I ran a set of JConcpets Double D's first round and were pretty good then next round a ran a set of M3 Calibers traction was good a little better than the DD's then I decided to run the Recoils in the last qualifier and liked them so much I ran them in the main. The track was a red clay hard packed but pretty smooth but a little dusty in some area's and one corner was blown out and these tires really worked good in all of those area's. And it seems like to me that these tires were really loose in the warm up but after about 2 min of warm up and got some heat in them they were like glue in the groove. I ran one 5 min qualifier and a 20min main and the tires still have plenty of life in them!! I would say they would easly last in a 45-60 min main on a blue groove track.