R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-27-2010, 11:03 PM   #136
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
well your talking buggy, were talking truggy. No left field stuff here frank LOL
I am always out in left field.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #137
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
matter of opinion
+1

The VTR tires are ok, but AKA still has the edge. The m3 compound wears too quick vs AKA's soft. I don't have any first hand experience with aka's super-soft compound yet, but I'm sure they'll still have less of a wear rate than M3's.
pyromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:29 PM   #138
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromania View Post
+1

The VTR tires are ok, but AKA still has the edge. The m3 compound wears too quick vs AKA's soft. I don't have any first hand experience with aka's super-soft compound yet, but I'm sure they'll still have less of a wear rate than M3's.
I think it all depends on the tread patterns you use. I dont think that they wear any differently than other brands but thats just my experience

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #139
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkracer24 View Post
I think it all depends on the tread patterns you use. I dont think that they wear any differently than other brands but thats just my experience
Bow-Ties to Hole-Shots to Calibers. They just wear too fast when compared to their rivals similar tread pattern.
pyromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:25 PM   #140
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Well I saw pics of it finally.. And I am not impressed with it.. I'm sure it will be a good tire for cerain conditions, but I doubt it'll be as good as AKA City Block..
Old 02-28-2010, 04:37 PM   #141
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhess View Post
recoils for truggy release date?
+1 on the release date
338lapua09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:50 PM   #142
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromania View Post
Bow-Ties to Hole-Shots to Calibers. They just wear too fast when compared to their rivals similar tread pattern.
I respectfully disagree. the proline M3 is a touch softer than the AKA softs but, particularly on the caliber, they wear just as good if not better when it comes to the big pin tire. Also in my experience. when you can run a SOFT in other brands an M2 in proline rubber will work just as well and provide even better wear. i think the confusion comes in the fact that it might not be as easy as M3=Soft (AKA), I am sure they stake claim to there rubber compounds and no two are the same and it is my impression from some people that the proline M# is softer than the aka standard soft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty! View Post
Well I saw pics of it finally.. And I am not impressed with it.. I'm sure it will be a good tire for cerain conditions, but I doubt it'll be as good as AKA City Block..
agreed, the new tire looks like it will work very well for a blue grooved/hard packed track. I do not think it is intended to run on surfaces that a city block would. in those conditions i would recomend a caliber for you.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #143
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
I am always out in left field.

LMAO

Quote:
I respectfully disagree. the proline M3 is a touch softer than the AKA softs but, particularly on the caliber, they wear just as good if not better when it comes to the big pin tire. Also in my experience. when you can run a SOFT in other brands an M2 in proline rubber will work just as well and provide even better wear. i think the confusion comes in the fact that it might not be as easy as M3=Soft (AKA), I am sure they stake claim to there rubber compounds and no two are the same and it is my impression from some people that the proline M# is softer than the aka standard soft.

agreed, the new tire looks like it will work very well for a blue grooved/hard packed track. I do not think it is intended to run on surfaces that a city block would. in those conditions i would recomend a caliber for you.
the caliber wears very well, i wont argue there BUT there is no way m2 performs as well as Soft, ive ran m2,m3 in all componds except holeshots, i only ran m3 in that thread. in aka ive ran med in cityblocks and ibeams. and ive ran soft in all threads and ss in gridirons. ss wears just as good as m3 and performs 10x better. soft wears like m2 and again performs 10x better. i used to be a die hard proline fan, except there foams until i ran med cityblocks on a DRY track, no tires were lasting 5 min on the track. i put the med cityblocks out there, not only did they last 10-15 min of practice,3 5 min qualifers and a 10 min main. but i would feel comfortable if the track needed med cityblocks to run them again. since then ive tried more and more aka and now ive moved over completely and love the change. especially the performance of gridirons and the wear i get out of them

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:32 PM   #144
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:

Is there really a condition that the City block doesn't work well in? I realize there are tires that may work better than a City Block in certain conditions, but IMO the City Block is the best all around tire a person could put in there box..
Old 03-01-2010, 08:45 AM   #145
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Pro-line hit a home run with the new blue molded foam that will be replacing the grey molded foam. The foam is very consistent and does not roll over in high bite cornering and is well balanced.
donrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:48 AM   #146
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by donrod View Post
Pro-line hit a home run with the new blue molded foam that will be replacing the grey molded foam. The foam is very consistent and does not roll over in high bite cornering and is well balanced.
Integra posted some pics of proline foams he got from proline, they were all different sizes, proline sent him more and they were even worse. with foams being different sizes this is going to affect traction and wear, the foam if to big will walk in the tire, he had proof in pictures because if he didnt i wouldnt believe it

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
Old 03-01-2010, 09:58 AM   #147
Tech Master

Quote:
Integra posted some pics of proline foams he got from proline, they were all different sizes, proline sent him more and they were even worse. with foams being different sizes this is going to affect traction and wear, the foam if to big will walk in the tire, he had proof in pictures because if he didnt i wouldnt believe it
donrod is talking about the new blue molded foam not the blue closed cell foam that integra had.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:05 AM   #148
Tech Champion

Quote:
donrod is talking about the new blue molded foam not the blue closed cell foam that integra had.
O, I missed something then lol

Old 03-02-2010, 11:10 AM   #149
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to windellmc

I bought two packs of the newer blue foam (similar to AKA) and several guys are using that foam at our local track. No one has seen the issue Integra did. I think his had V3 foam or some other size mixed in by accident.

For me soft city blocks do not seem to wear any better than an M2 proline and I think the softness is similar. The bottom blocks last forever but the tire does not have very good grip once you get to those blocks.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:35 AM   #150
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes the blue molded foam, the closed cell is a little firm for us.
donrod is offline   Reply With Quote