R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Too many buggies?

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I couldn't find it so I had to ask. Are there too many buggies on the market now? I saw a new prototype today on redrc of the Ansmann Racing V8 1/8th scale buggy. How many buggies are there now? 25-30? I don't think it's a bad thing because our hobby needs the exposure to continue to grow, but when is enough Enough! What do you guys think?
Torian4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:48 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Nope.

Each one is slightly different (despite some highly 'copied' models).

Everyone has a different driving style and thus, you have more opportunities to find a chassis that fits your style and needs instead of being stuck with 3-4.

Does it make it a little harder for an incoming new to rc racer make a choice? Yes; but that's why there are forum boards and experienced racers to talk to and gather opinions from.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:52 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblgjr View Post
Nope.

Each one is slightly different (despite some highly 'copied' models).

Everyone has a different driving style and thus, you have more opportunities to find a chassis that fits your style and needs instead of being stuck with 3-4.

Does it make it a little harder for an incoming new to rc racer make a choice? Yes; but that's why there are forum boards and experienced racers to talk to and gather opinions from.

+1 there bud!
Torian4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:53 AM   #4
Tech Prophet

well most of the buggies that are coming, to the market are never gone to be a hit in the states. for instance all these new chinese, 1/8 buggys that are coming out that are copyies, of the losi eight and others. they arent never gone to be a hit in the, racing sceen in the states.

and anyways i wouldnt buy a chinese made buggy i woulnt support them.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Definitely do not think that all these different brands of buggy's will make a difference. Go to you're local club race and see what's running, the bulk of the field will be made up of Losi, Mugen, and Associated with a few Kyosho's and Xray's(ppl are afraid of the high price) and also a few D8's(ppl afraid of the low price). Most newcomers, if they are smart, will research before they buy and not be sucked into some knock-off. Just my .02
Team Trinity
Miniracer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:32 PM   #6
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Also, one thing to consider is that this is the great thing about a capitalist society is that the market decides when and if there are too many buggies. If someone invents the next "sliced bread" in the buggy world it will be popular and will succeed. If it's just "another" buggy, then it may not succeed. The market will decide.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

The more that come out and that are trying to be competative and not just make a quick buck, will make the other companies offer better products or lower prices. Those that just copy a design are not putting R&D money into anythign and will never have a good product. Those that do put the time and money into R&D will continue to push the limits and offer better products. So really there are only a few comanies that make buggies , Losi , Mugen , Xray ...etc The major brands
Old 02-11-2010, 03:06 PM   #8
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbrad View Post
The more that come out and that are trying to be competative and not just make a quick buck, will make the other companies offer better products or lower prices. Those that just copy a design are not putting R&D money into anythign and will never have a good product. Those that do put the time and money into R&D will continue to push the limits and offer better products. So really there are only a few comanies that make buggies , Losi , Mugen , Xray ...etc The major brands

+1 your extacty right about that.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote