HB Lightning conversion to D8 ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HB Lightning conversion to D8 ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? HB Lightning conversion to D8 ?

Is there any parts that will fit from the older HB Lightning to the D8-I.E. to a new Chassis
I Just got into the RC scene and want to start racing but need a lighter
car, "Also I need help to learn how to drive the damn thing but hopefully that will come with time and practice" Anyway I enjoy the web site and I figures Id throw this out there This site Kicks but!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadking801
Is there any parts that will fit from the older HB Lightning to the D8-I.E. to a new Chassis
I Just got into the RC scene and want to start racing but need a lighter
car, "Also I need help to learn how to drive the damn thing but hopefully that will come with time and practice" Anyway I enjoy the web site and I figures Id throw this out there This site Kicks but!!!!!!!
As far as the D8T as compared to the Lightning is concerned, it is not the weight that is the issue it is the distribution of the weight on the chassis and the different geometry in the suspension arms, steering knuckles, wheel offset, shock position and akerman among other things. The center diff mount will not work and the radio tray is totally different. If you did modify the Lightning, you should be able to use the arms, bearing carriers shock towers and shocks but you will have to get all the drive shafts bearings and related hardware hardware. Even with all this, you will still have a slightly improved Lightning. My advice to you would be to get the D8T, take your time on the build, go to the track with mild engine and good servos, train your trigger finger to stay away from the dreaded full pull and drive slow. Increase your speed as you get more familiar with the handling and make very small changes to your set up as you learn. OOPS I could of sworn you said you were talking about truggy...but the information is still pretty accurate. But a new kit is under $300...$269 is a great price.

Last edited by crazysavage; 02-11-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

youre better off just getting a new D8 kit. off the top of my head heres whats the same between the lightning 2 and the D8

diff bulkheads
everything on the diffs except the ring gears and spur gear
wing mount and wing
rear hubs

thats about it. there might be a couple pieces more , but the two cars are pretty much completely different.

also, check out the D8 thread here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ies-buggy.html