R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Xtreme Power Systems Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/369237-xtreme-power-systems-thread.html)

Garrett McKamie 02-09-2010 04:22 PM

Xtreme Power Systems Thread

Most people on here have most likely never heard of this company. In the past few years they have been testing and developing 2.4 Systems for the R/C Car industry. You Airplane guys probably know about their past because they are well know in the flying industry. But it is a great option to look at when purchasing a 2.4 system for your radio. They have lifetime warranty on their products. They also have very competative pricing. Their systems can run on half of the voltage that Spektrum systems can run on and still work perfectly. They also dont use an antennae wire they use a microchip inside the reciever. I have been using the same module and reciever in my 3PKS since last Summer with not one problem. Take a look guys! http://xtremepowersystems.com/

Marcus Falconie 02-09-2010 04:26 PM

system

My friend Ernest runs it and he is the Arizona state Nitrocross champ in Int Buggy. I drive his car all the time to see how his setup works and all I can say is the Extreme system is fast and works great.

sstoffer 02-09-2010 04:51 PM

My XPS system works great and has taken a beating in 1/8th buggy for a while.

smokinu 02-09-2010 05:10 PM

can they take unreg lipo?

Garrett McKamie 02-09-2010 05:21 PM

smokinu...honestly im not sure I have never used lipos. I will contact Scott at XPS and get back with you tomorrow.

sstoffer 02-09-2010 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by smokinu (Post 6982401)
can they take unreg lipo?

Mine has run on unregulated lipo since last Jan.

Garrett McKamie 02-09-2010 05:34 PM

Thanks sstoffer. ;)

smokinu 02-09-2010 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Garrett McKamie (Post 6982468)
smokinu...honestly im not sure I have never used lipos. I will contact Scott at XPS and get back with you tomorrow.

cool, thanks.

Originally Posted by sstoffer (Post 6982533)
Mine has run on unregulated lipo since last Jan.

thats good to know instead of a new 100 dollar rx ill sell my 3pk spektrum gear and pick up one of these units with 2 extra rx's

Garrett McKamie 02-09-2010 05:41 PM

tips

There are a few tips that i were told to do when using the Xtremelink system from the designers. The said to keep the reciever as close to the top of the reciever box as possible with the wires located to the side or under it to keep the signal as free as possible for best results. The reciever also has a LED light that indicates the battery life. It changes color as the battery life decreases.

smokinu 02-09-2010 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Garrett McKamie (Post 6982597)
There are a few tips that i were told to do when using the Xtremelink system from the designers. The said to keep the reciever as close to the top of the reciever box as possible with the wires located to the side or under it to keep the signal as free as possible for best results. The reciever also has a LED light that indicates the battery life. It changes color as the battery life decreases.

yeah, i would mount it with out a rx lid on that side (kyosho)
and have it wraped in a balloon, to keep dirt/nitro out.

one will go in a balloon in an electric truck.
and the other will go on my desk for vrc.

az00lude 02-09-2010 06:13 PM

I remember that the failsafe is not setup correctly from the factory.
The failsafe setting from the factory is to keep the servo where they are when the signal is lost. Not good for nitros. Other then that, seems to work flawlessly.

Garrett McKamie 02-09-2010 06:19 PM

az00lude you are correct. When you recieve yours you can set the failsafe to your personal preferences.

DPowers 02-09-2010 06:21 PM

I will have to try them out when i get my new radio.

unsp0ken 02-09-2010 07:08 PM

interesting stuff... any info on the more technical stuff such as latency, wideband technology used (or narrowband frequency hop), modulation, etc.

Garrett McKamie 02-10-2010 10:16 AM

lipo

This is directly from Scott at XPS regarding the unregulated Lipo usage.

Yes, it is ideal to run a 2S lipo directly to the receiver. Our receivers can handle up to 25V. The number one problem that most have with 2.4 is poor power. Switches can also be a major source of problems. We recommend using a Deans connector instead of a switch.