R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (http://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Long term health risks of racing nitro (http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/369210-long-term-health-risks-racing-nitro.html)

KThatcher 02-09-2010 04:04 PM

Long term health risks of racing nitro

Now 1st off I love racing nitro and this is in no way an electric is better than nitro thread. Im just wondering what some of the long term affects will be of all the toxins we inhale while at the track..

tc5 man 02-09-2010 04:22 PM

its no worse than a electric guy soldering i actually,, think thats worse.. anything that has chemials can,, cause cancer in the air etc.. and you run nitro outside so..

JBURCH 02-09-2010 04:28 PM

Actually soldering does not emit the amount of smoke that one pull of the trigger lets out of the exhaust, Im sure their are some risks but till the surgeon general bans it Im in LOL

RAlmeida 02-09-2010 04:31 PM

What comes out of the pipe is 98% oil (castor and/ or synthetic) , the alchool and nitro get burned.

tc5 man 02-09-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBURCH (Post 6981856)
Actually soldering does not emit the amount of smoke that one pull of the trigger lets out of the exhaust, Im sure their are some risks but till the surgeon general bans it Im in LOL

no soldering might not have the,, same amount of smoke as nitro but you have less ventalation usally since... most of time you do it in,, your house and yes with the windows open trust me,,, if you inhale it you will feel it in your lungs i done it before my mistake of corse...

laedco58 02-09-2010 04:40 PM

As long as you don't try to drink the fuel you should be fine.

fatdaddy 02-09-2010 04:42 PM

im sure we'll all end up with some weird form of cancer in the future :lol:

AndrewClaycomb 02-09-2010 04:45 PM

I've been racing nitro indoors over the winter and the day after I feel awful. Sore, stiff and usually I have a headache.

KThatcher 02-09-2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatdaddy (Post 6981917)
im sure we'll all end up with some weird form of cancer in the future :lol:

Thats what im afraid of!!

But in all reality I really didnt think about it too much but we probably inhale more toxins driving down the freeway with our windows down in one day than a whole RC race life..

Marcus Falconie 02-09-2010 04:46 PM

race

long term effect from smelling Nitro is Permagrin:D:D:D

tc5 man 02-09-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewClaycomb (Post 6981938)
I've been racing nitro indoors over the winter and the day after I feel awful. Sore, stiff and usually I have a headache.

if i had a close indoor offroad track i wouldnt run nitro ,lol

AndrewClaycomb 02-09-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc5 man (Post 6981956)
if i had a close indoor offroad track i wouldnt run nitro ,lol

That's the sad part. It's not close, 2 hours away. It's just the closest place to race 1/8 scale.

fatdaddy 02-09-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KThatcher (Post 6981947)
Thats what im afraid of!!

But in all reality I really didnt think about it too much but we probably inhale more toxins driving down the freeway with our windows down in one day than a whole RC race life..

actually. theres chemicals in everything. your clothes, body care products (soap, shampoo), food, furniture, car, everything. i could go on, but really its a moot point. youre being bombarded every minute of every day, so nitro is just another thing on the list

everybodys gotta die sooner or later right :lol:

JonnyW 02-09-2010 05:02 PM

Long term health risks of racing nitro ?

LENGTH & GIRTH:D

simonr 02-09-2010 05:08 PM

No damage done

The time we take to enjoy our hobby ,the friends we make ,the Fun we have, have to be better for us than not having an outlet to vent our stress. Everyone should be so lucky to find the hobby we have . It challenges us and makes us think about something besides the way we make our living, deal with the everyday issues that get in our way. I love the smell of nitro in the morning, it lets me know right away i'm at the track and going to have some fun and fellowship with other racers. The fumes are an issue to some indoors during the winter season . Our bodies are tough enough to handle a few hours of nitro fumes every now and then . IMO