R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-12-2010, 09:52 AM   #76
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
Nitro causes cancer,

Radio waves cause cancer,

soldering causes cancer,

Ca glue causes cancer,

who knows what is in the dirt causes cancer,

Since I'm going to die anyway I might as well have as much fun while I can!

Thats why I race R/C.
The proved that bacon causes cancer too... they fed lab rats the equivilant of 600# of bacon a day and they got cancer.

I figure if you eat 600# of bacon a day you're going to die from something else long before you get cancer... soo... I'll keep eating bacon every once in a while... and keep racing nitro.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:30 AM   #77
Tech Fanatic

I look at it this way, we all gatta die sometime so why not doing something you love doing.....lol either on the track or in bed with the wife..... besides according to california everything causes cancer....Trust me I know I used to live there....lmao...

Ken
mudboger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:57 AM   #78
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboger07 View Post
I look at it this way, we all gatta die sometime so why not doing something you love doing.....lol either on the track or in bed with the wife..... besides according to california everything causes cancer....Trust me I know I used to live there....lmao...
It's not the quantity of life it's the quality. I rather live 60 years doing what I love then 80 years doing nothing.

I feel without a doubt though nitro is worse compared to electric and the soldering etc. Soldering maybe once every month is no where near as bad as sticking you head down near your pipe well you tuning the carb. But in no way am I going to stop running nitro because of it. I am sure yes your body would be better without it. I know many people after running a nitro event indoors with ventalation that after the event that have a huge headache and feel sick.
shanty140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:27 AM   #79
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanty140 View Post
It's not the quantity of life it's the quality. I rather live 60 years doing what I love then 80 years doing nothing.

I feel without a doubt though nitro is worse compared to electric and the soldering etc. Soldering maybe once every month is no where near as bad as sticking you head down near your pipe well you tuning the carb. But in no way am I going to stop running nitro because of it. I am sure yes your body would be better without it. I know many people after running a nitro event indoors with ventalation that after the event that have a huge headache and feel sick.

yea but the diffrence is that your running, nitro outside and doing soldering indoors usally . thats why i think soldering is worse.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:37 AM   #80
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
yea but the diffrence is that your running, nitro outside and doing soldering indoors usally . thats why i think soldering is worse.
You must solder a different way than everyone else. There is not that much smoke in soldering even if you do it all day long so it does not matter if you do it inside or not. Hell 1 cigerette has more smoke than soldering all day does
JBURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:19 PM   #81
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to viperbill1963
Exclamation racing nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
im sure we'll all end up with some weird form of cancer in the future
well its not nearly as bad as "NITRO RACING WITHDRAWAL " and believe me its sucks not being able to race til old man winter takes a spring vacation