R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2010, 05:24 PM   #46
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu View Post
you have a 10th system in an 18th scale car?

funny how that works, i have not seen anything like that since the hpi micro rs4


no its a mamba brushless for the 1/18 cars, yea you ,,can use a 1/10 speed controler in the 1/18 but it ,makes it kind of heavy though..
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:25 PM   #47
Tech Addict
 
v6shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bakersfield ,CA
Posts: 588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie View Post
IMO Watching a electric race is like watching paint dry!!!
You want a high powered nitro funny car or a high powered battery funny car case closed
v6shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:37 PM   #48
Tech Elite
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MODESTO CA
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
thats why i race a slash in electric its ,,way more simple.. i run a 7 cell vetom battery pack and still can run righ,t ,,,with guys with lipos in there slashs..


and also i have a racing bud that had his tekin go bad on him 4 times while racing sorry but il stick with a nitro engine... and his battery puffed even with a normal charge..


there was a out of tower racer that came,,, to my track and while i was racing with him it caught, on fire at nightime too... i really thought ,,my nitro buggy was gone to go poof bad man...
who can decipher this for me, my dumb meter is off the charts.
__________________
Marcus P.
\\Speedzone USA//Savox USA\\Caster Racing Parts//
www.speedzoneusa.com. www.casterracingparts.com
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #49
Tech Champion
 
bigjayjay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,605
Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu View Post
buggy or truggy?
truggy
__________________
TEAM: SERPENT AMERICA DRIVER -ADVANTAGE RACING PRODUCTS-COMPETITION HEAT INC - HOBBYPRO, VPPRO - BCE-
Serpent: 811N, 811T, 811E
bigjayjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:03 PM   #50
Tech Master
 
scwrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,421
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

lol. i was thinking the same thing.

I run nitro and electric. I can say that I could not pick one over the other. I love them both. Some folks can not handle the nitro tuning. I see folks come to the track and pay to have there nitro tuned thinking that it will not need tuning for a while. They would be good candidates for electric. Also anyone who refuses to try 1/8 EP because they think they are unstable are missing all the fun I have just as many high priced Nitro engines as I do ESC/motor combos. I have never had to use customer support for any of my nitro or electric equipment. Whichever you pick will require some learning along with work.
Have fun with whatever floats your boat
It takes all kinds.
__________________
hbracing.com tritonrc.com raceaka.com
scwrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #51
Tech Elite
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MODESTO CA
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
truggy
2 ways.

MMM/1518 1Y 1800kv motor
with 6s

or
rx8/TT2361 2000kv
with 4s
__________________
Marcus P.
\\Speedzone USA//Savox USA\\Caster Racing Parts//
www.speedzoneusa.com. www.casterracingparts.com
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:09 PM   #52
Tech Champion
 
bigjayjay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,605
Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu View Post
2 ways.

MMM/1518 1Y 1800kv motor
with 6s

or
rx8/TT2361 2000kv
with 4s
whats cheaper in the long run and whats the advantages / disadvantages with both setups.
__________________
TEAM: SERPENT AMERICA DRIVER -ADVANTAGE RACING PRODUCTS-COMPETITION HEAT INC - HOBBYPRO, VPPRO - BCE-
Serpent: 811N, 811T, 811E
bigjayjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #53
Tech Master
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
thats why i race a slash in electric its ,,way more simple.. i run a 7 cell vetom battery pack and still can run righ,t ,,,with guys with lipos in there slashs..


and also i have a racing bud that had his tekin go bad on him 4 times while racing sorry but il stick with a nitro engine... and his battery puffed even with a normal charge..


there was a out of tower racer that came,,, to my track and while i was racing with him it caught, on fire at nightime too... i really thought ,,my nitro buggy was gone to go poof bad man...
uhh what??
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKi2 Tekin
Kyosho MP9 TKi2/3 Novarossi BTT
jzemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:12 PM   #54
Tech Master
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu View Post
2 ways.

MMM/1518 1Y 1800kv motor
with 6s

or
rx8/TT2361 2000kv
with 4s
Keep it to a 1515. Amp draw on the 1518 is a good bit higher. Its the same basic unit as a 1521. On 6S you will want a 1300-1400kv motor as well. I run all MMM and NEU combo's...super cool, super long runtimes thanks to super efficient motors.
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKi2 Tekin
Kyosho MP9 TKi2/3 Novarossi BTT
jzemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:14 PM   #55
Tech Master
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
whats cheaper in the long run and whats the advantages / disadvantages with both setups.
MMM is cheaper...overall long term cost is the same.
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKi2 Tekin
Kyosho MP9 TKi2/3 Novarossi BTT
jzemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #56
Tech Elite
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MODESTO CA
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
whats cheaper in the long run and whats the advantages / disadvantages with both setups.
the castle stuff will be cheaper but just as good.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jzemaxx View Post
Keep it to a 1515. Amp draw on the 1518 is a good bit higher. Its the same basic unit as a 1521. On 6S you will want a 1300-1400kv motor as well. I run all MMM and NEU combo's...super cool, super long runtimes thanks to super efficient motors.
very true, but 1300-1400 kv is a bit low for me i like a little more speed in my set up.

but 1400kv in a truggy would be a stump puller on 6s!
__________________
Marcus P.
\\Speedzone USA//Savox USA\\Caster Racing Parts//
www.speedzoneusa.com. www.casterracingparts.com
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:23 PM   #57
Tech Champion
 
bigjayjay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,605
Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu View Post
the castle stuff will be cheaper but just as good.



very true, but 1300-1400 kv is a bit low for me i like a little more speed in my set up.

but 1400kv in a truggy would be a stump puller on 6s!
Ok thanks for the help
__________________
TEAM: SERPENT AMERICA DRIVER -ADVANTAGE RACING PRODUCTS-COMPETITION HEAT INC - HOBBYPRO, VPPRO - BCE-
Serpent: 811N, 811T, 811E
bigjayjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:55 PM   #58
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzemaxx View Post
uhh what??

which part of what i wrote dint you understand..
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:00 PM   #59
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scwrod View Post
lol. i was thinking the same thing.

I run nitro and electric. I can say that I could not pick one over the other. I love them both. Some folks can not handle the nitro tuning. I see folks come to the track and pay to have there nitro tuned thinking that it will not need tuning for a while. They would be good candidates for electric. Also anyone who refuses to try 1/8 EP because they think they are unstable are missing all the fun I have just as many high priced Nitro engines as I do ESC/motor combos. I have never had to use customer support for any of my nitro or electric equipment. Whichever you pick will require some learning along with work.
Have fun with whatever floats your boat
It takes all kinds.



my opinion about that is that some,, people just do not want to learn how to tune a nitro engine. it really isnt that hard, it just takes a couple of times,, or a little bit more to get used to it it doesnt take a real,, smart person to get it to run really..
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:10 PM   #60
Tech Elite
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MODESTO CA
Posts: 4,863
Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
my opinion about that is that some,, people just do not want to learn how to tune a nitro engine. it really isnt that hard, it just takes a couple of times,, or a little bit more to get used to it it doesnt take a real,, smart person to get it to run really..
dude, you put commas in weird places.

here,,, ill,, triple the comma,,,, here and add a period at the end.

do you know what a comma is? go to school or something dude.


AT LEAST READ A BOOK.

i am not the best at typing, but Jesus man at least i use firefox and it catches most the misspelled words.
__________________
Marcus P.
\\Speedzone USA//Savox USA\\Caster Racing Parts//
www.speedzoneusa.com. www.casterracingparts.com
smokinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:24 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net